12 Replies Latest reply: Mar 5, 2014 2:43 PM by King_Nero-Senior RSS

FREEFALL for REAL!!!!

beausc27

We got FreeFall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go check it out on eShop! There's an update a DLC content notice when you boot up the game.

• Re: FREEFALL for REAL!!!!
          Whack-a-newbie

Just played my first public match on Freefall map. Wow. It was like stepping back in time to release day. Performance was something just less than awful.

Don't get me wrong... I appreciate the addition of a new map and the idea that more DLC may be coming, but in it's current state it was unplayable.

Has anyone else experienced the same poor performance I saw?

expresso83

What poor performance? It came up 3 times in pubs for me, and was lag-free.

Whack-a-newbie

Frame rate was pretty horrible. Worse than Stonehaven was in the initial release. Players were bouncing from spot to spot, impossible to get hits. Perhaps it was simply a poor host connection, though others here are reporting the same poor performance so I'm guessing this map needs the same polishing the other maps have already received.

M4GNUM

I really like the map personally - nice change up. I like what it could mean even more (future of eshop).

Performance-wise, I do see a lot more frame rate drop on this than other maps. If you are turning quickly while moving quickly, it's hard to discern enemies from the background. If you have epilepsy or think you may have epilepsy...do NOT play this map.

BobbyMcGee

i played it 3 times in multi and a few safeguard matches last night with gamebro, where TONS of enemies spawning in, with zero noticeable frame rate drops. not sure what you guys are seeing (lag?)

M4GNUM

I played it a bunch last night and it was different than lag. Not sure if you've ever experienced this, but on Stonehaven if you spawn in the village and everyone runs towards the wall by the broken roof to snipe people coming out of the side entrance to the castle, there is a very noticeable frame drop as you stop sprinting, raise your gun, and ADS. Very choppy and different than lag.

I get the same thing on Free Fall where it isn't people skipping around, it's the fluidity of the camera being choppy (frame rate drop). On Wiimote and in ADS -  if I am using nunchuk to move forward and left then use my wiimote to point back to my right (simulating a strafe type movement)...then if I move my wiimote to point back to my left...the fluidity of the camera animation gets so choppy that it's hard to distinguish enemies from their background. Hard to explain...but it's different than lag.

King_Nero-Senior

i would really like to comment on this but i have yet to have the map show up in my rotation.  And yes i downloaded it.  Just spent 3 1/2 hours playing and it did not come up once.  What did come up was warhawk, prison break, octane, stonehaven and stadium.  Now flooded and chasm did show up but nobody voted for them.  So as soon as i am able to play it i can throw my two cents in.