6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 6, 2014 5:35 AM by DeeJay85 RSS

A Question for the Experts.

Alky6

I play HC about 99% of the time, not that I'm any good, I'm not, I just like that I don't have to spray to get a kill. 

Anyway, in Core/Std. by using a suppressor you're able to hide your position on the mini-map. Maybe I'm imagining things but if you use a suppressor in HC, do you cheat the guy you killed out of that short little glimpse of where the kill came from?

I've been wondering about that and recently have been trying to concentrate on that short little replay and I've noticed that when I don't hear a shot, I also don't get that little replay. Maybe I'm just old & confused. 

• Re: A Question for the Experts.
          rankismet

Not really.

Experienced HC players will still be able to figure out where you where....

newm8n

my bad i misinterpret what you were meaning. your talking about the red ping on the mini map from shooting an unsilenced weapon.

That wasn't his question. I know exactly what you mean Alky, but Idk if a suppressor makes a difference. My feeling is no, but I could be wrong.

Alky6

Slopat wrote:

That wasn't his question. I know exactly what you mean Alky, but Idk if a suppressor makes a difference. My feeling is no, but I could be wrong.

You're probably right, it seems like there should be some benefit to using a suppressor in HC as there is in Core/Std., by not showing up on the mini-map when shooting.  I guess I was just imagining that I seemed to go straight to the spectator delay after hearing a pffttt, and dying. 

nuttin2say

I know the little "glimpse" you're talking about. Let me ask you this: how many times have you been shot from behind in HC?

I can't say this with 100% certainty, but I think what happens is that you tend to react to the shot if it is a multi-hit gun shooting at you. You do this as a defensive reaction. Once you are looking in the general direction the shot came from, I think Aim Assist also pulls your view toward the target/shooter. I think that is mostly what is happening.

If you are shot from behind with a OHK weapon there is never a glimpse. It makes no sense that they would give you a glimpse at forward attackers but not at rear flank attackers.

I've stood in the open in the past to see what are the commonalities for when that glimpse happens with my fingers off the sticks. It seems like if the shooter is within a 45 degree view of your center of view, you will get the glimpse. Any other angle, I've not been able to duplicate the glimpse. That's why I think aim assist is a part of the equation.

BTW ... I've seen this phenomenon in every COD.

DeeJay85

I've played a bit of some Hardcore, and my from my experiences I have gathered that Silencers in Hardcore a fair amount of people can't understand their usage. I have used a Silencer in other CoD games so that my red dot doesn't show up on the mini-map when the opposing team gets a UAV or Sat Comm. But in Ghosts I use AP rounds and Off the Grid.

Using a Silencer in Hardcore may also get you teased by other players