4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 6, 2014 4:34 AM by SleeperAs1 RSS

Why are 360 players paying the same price as Xbox One for ghosts and the season Pass?

It's obvious that all of the focus is on the next gen consoles, which is fine, but why are we still paying the same amount of money for the game/dlc/season pass if there is no progress in the world of 360?  I've seen it with my own eyes and heard from multiple people on how much better the game is on the next gen consoles, yet on the older consoles the game seems to be rapidly declining in quality.  The average number of players during peak hours barely reaches 200k.  Is the game truly dead for 360 players?  The lag is truly out of control for so few players.  There was less lag on Black Ops 2 with close to 300k players online.  My question to all fellow players, "Should we really be expected to pay the same prices to get less enjoyable gameplay?"  Also to add to this short rant, does anyone else experience the added lag and increase of modding and cheaters as the clan ops start?  How can legit clans compete if the games are not fair to all players?  Any Reply's to this would be appreciated.

• Re: Why are 360 players paying the same price as Xbox One for ghosts and the season Pass?
          myevo8you

The game is NOT better on next gen consoles. In all truth, it's actually worse.

The playerbase on the XBOX One averages about 15,000 players and the lag is 100000000x worse.

Even the graphics are not much better and to the average person, you really can't tell much difference.

• Re: Why are 360 players paying the same price as Xbox One for ghosts and the season Pass?

I hate to say it but as a whole, the games truly seem to be getting worse as the next great thing comes out, i'm to the point of seeing the number of active players constantly dropping, and quality dropping to the point of saying that the series as a whole is dying?  I just cant justify buying anymore of the call of duty games. It truly hurts me to say such a thing but damn enough is enough. I'm tired of spending hard earned money on a mediocre product.

myevo8you

I have been saying that IW will be the death of COD games since the split during MW2. The current IW has only been riding on it's name reputation from COD4 as it will probably stand as the best COD ever made.

I firmly believe that Treyarch is BY FAR the superior COD developer and will remain so. If you go back to their last 3 titles you will see that they are the next best 3 in the COD lineup.

1. COD4

2. Black Ops (very close to being #1)

3. W@W

4. BO2

MW3 I thought was the worst thing that could have happened to COD for a long time. That was until I bought Ghosts and played it for 2 weeks and realized it was even worse. I have sporadically played after updates, etc. to see if anything has gotten better, but it hasn't. I just passed 3 days played and for me that is REALLY low. During the last few titles at this point in time (4months after release) I am usually sitting between 10-12 days played. Pretty much everyone on my friends list has quit or even sold it, and as the online numbers show (tonight at 10 PM EST there were 110,000 people on) Almost everyone else has abandoned it as well.