14 Replies Latest reply: Jul 5, 2014 1:24 PM by Abbulls RSS

the ripper

gotsomestars

A giant step over the pay to win line? I think so.

Discuss.

• Re: the ripper
          gotsomestars

Interesting I couldn't edit the first post. For those that don't know, the ripper is the next dlc weapon.

It is a SMG/assault rifle like the maverick. Except you can switch it back and forth on the go. Should not be in the game.

gambit1969

Some of us were concerned about the "pay to win" issue last year when the peacekeeper came out and were wondering if they would drop a dlc weapon that was clearly superior to standard ones to ring out some extra dlc cash.  Could this be the one??

Forget other titles, suspect connections and glitches, it is the pay to win (if it goes down that road) that will damage COD in the long run and possibly kill it for a lot of players

gotsomestars

All the weapons released up until now were questionably better. It could be said that the weapons so far were not better or worse. The PK was good in hc, but in core it wasn't a good SMG or assault rifle.

To be able to change from an assault rifle to a SMG and back with the click of a button is without question an advantage. Particularly in the larger maps. Long sight line? No problem, I'll use AR mode. Oh! I'm coming to a building,  but its no problem, I'll switch to SMG mode.

I never thought I'd be jumping on the "cod is going downhill" bandwagon. But I cannot for the life of me understand how anyone at that company could think that was a good idea.

gambit1969

gotsomestars wrote:

I never thought I'd be jumping on the "cod is going downhill" bandwagon. But I cannot for the life of me understand how anyone at that company could think that was a good idea.

Maybe not going downhill but it is standing on the edge looking down into the abyss

PUR4IDO

Is the weapon out already?

Hallwax

the weapon looks awesome

NoLifeKing32

They tweeted out its available today for SP owners. It looks like a pure SMG, I wouldn't expect it to be gamebreaking.

huntingnoluck

Someone brought this thread back, I don't know why, but since it is here, here is my take. I agree that they are coming surprisingly close to the dlc having an effect on critical factors of the game. But, my opinion, is the Ripper isn't that great so it doesn't matter this time. Who knows what the next dlc might be and how it might affect the game.

Abbulls

Me too but anyway, I didn't use the ripper. I love the maverick more. But I am glad with the Dev't Team's idea with these maps and weapon and every dlc Cheers!