1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 84 Replies Latest reply: Mar 29, 2014 10:53 AM by WiimotesRus02 Go to original post RSS
      • 20. Re: Freefall review
        Link23809

I personally love the map. I'm a run and gun kind of player so this map is great and something Ghosts was sorely lacking. Way too many big maps.

The more variety the better.

• 21. Re: Freefall review
          ichilenozo

Padiego wrote:

Let's calm down and actually review the god damn map. I don't like it. Meh, too crowded...too small. I guess I just like big maps and gameplay that's not very fast paced. Maybe i'm just getting old, but that's my honest opinion. So what do you think of the map?

Sidenote, kudos Atreyu. I never saw this coming. Hopefully we get some more kool aid in the future.....that extinction map got boring the first week...would be nice to have more...

The disappeared Diego reviewing a map?...how pretentious!

But yeah man, it was nice shotgun your face a couple of times last night...that map is a shotgun fest...it is also good for knifing headless chickens who wait behind wall for their next victim....and it is also good for teams of campers who can use the side sections of the map that can only be reached by the windows!

I'm ok with it, I think we used to have the right balance between close quarters and long distance maps. Now that balance is skewed towards close quarters I think, but I don't care as I do well on both...well, long distance maps get to my nerves sometimes, as the wii remote becomes quite inaccurate at long distances due the natural hand sway/tremor.

• 22. Re: Freefall review
            like2nap03

WiimotesRus02 wrote:

BobbyMcGee wrote:

finally!

Well they just don't stock them here anymore, I think I bought the last one when I tried all that stuff for BO2, but anyway, yes the Amazon one finally got here, and yes there is an improvement, I played for what felt like a couple of hours and no disconnects, which is brilliant. I still have a mod nat, but that's not my main issue. Connection was still hit and miss, some very good games, some not so good, free fall as jumpy as heck, I went 5-15 on that map, never seeing who/where was killing me, but that seems to be the case for others too. Now, the graphics appear to be slightly better, was something done in a patch or is it a result of better frame rate, because it did feel smoother, most maps did not appear choppy like they used to.

Anyway, certain things do seem/feel better, but the best bit so far, no more disconnects..

Better graphics possible result of the patch.  It did something.  I can't quite put my finger on it though.  I know most maps don't start out black and white and they appear more colorful.  The more colorful part might be my imagination.  I play with special sunglasses on due to an insomnia issue.  It may have just looked nice when I took them off.  I can't remember if I had them on all the time or if I took them off to see what the game really looks like. 

• 23. Re: Freefall review
              like2nap03

WiimotesRus02 wrote:

like2nap03 wrote:

WiimotesRus02 wrote:

like2nap03 wrote:

WiimotesRus02 wrote:

Apart from the map, the lag comp/lag (matchmaking, to keep Bobby happy) BS just makes it all pointless. Its a gloss over of a really bad game and the connection problems many people have suffered since the launch of the WiiU. To make a desperate community like ours happy all they have to do is throw you a bone and munch munch munch, just listen to you all, how easy is it to please you..

We don't have your issues.

Yeah but many do, and my lan adapter arrived today, I'll be sure to let you know how I got on. Bet you're excited

Heck yeah!  Let us know.  Also let me know player count, where most of the players are, and what your NAT type is when you try it.  If it sucks don't give up.  I want this info.  Then I'll have some stuff for you to try if it's not running well.  If you can play during peak European hours and peak USA hours, give us a review of each, and post NAT type for each scenario.  Also please least you connection speeds.

I didn't see this post but some comments are above. I didn't see player count, but there was definitely more players on for this time of day and got games easily, nat was mod, as usual, no disconnections, graphics looked better, games ran smoother, will test speeds later, but so far an improvement, except on free fall, extremely choppy, never saw the enemy, lagged like crazy..

Ok well get the total player count, player count for your game mode, and which region has the most players and  post that.  Post connection speeds when you can. 

• 24. Re: Freefall review
                like2nap03

Back on topic since I strayed a little there. 

The map is small which automatically makes it not my cup of tea.  However, it is hectic fun.  Gonna take a while to learn it though.  VERY CQC oriented which is different than any other map.  No long lines of site.  That long tunnel is annoying.  You have to climb to get it in which means the campers there can have a field day.  I finally took them out on my last match and then the whole area started to fall.  Thought I was going to die.  Which goes back to learning the map.  It changes so much!.  I've only played it a few times, with one private match run through, but I don't know it well at all.  Framerate seems choppy.  Reminds me of Nuketown on BLOPS.  Small, spray and pray map with a choppy framerate.

Maybe it's the change of pace, I don't know, but It's been fun so far to the point where I don't care if my scores are not where the normally are.  Framerate issues aside I think it's a fun little map. 

Looking at what it means though...we got DLC.  Eshop functionality is in place and a Nintendo console finally got DLC.  That in itself is epic. 

• 25. Re: Freefall review
                  BobbyMcGee

i agree. man i got pinned in a hallway there today but they kept coming one at a time from different directions, got a 12 kill streak, went and got maniac, then got mowed down by three people with a dog lol. hectic describes it perfectly.

• 26. Re: Freefall review
                    WiimotesRus02

like2nap03 wrote:

WiimotesRus02 wrote:

like2nap03 wrote:

WiimotesRus02 wrote:

like2nap03 wrote:

WiimotesRus02 wrote:

Apart from the map, the lag comp/lag (matchmaking, to keep Bobby happy) BS just makes it all pointless. Its a gloss over of a really bad game and the connection problems many people have suffered since the launch of the WiiU. To make a desperate community like ours happy all they have to do is throw you a bone and munch munch munch, just listen to you all, how easy is it to please you..

We don't have your issues.

Yeah but many do, and my lan adapter arrived today, I'll be sure to let you know how I got on. Bet you're excited

Heck yeah!  Let us know.  Also let me know player count, where most of the players are, and what your NAT type is when you try it.  If it sucks don't give up.  I want this info.  Then I'll have some stuff for you to try if it's not running well.  If you can play during peak European hours and peak USA hours, give us a review of each, and post NAT type for each scenario.  Also please least you connection speeds.

I didn't see this post but some comments are above. I didn't see player count, but there was definitely more players on for this time of day and got games easily, nat was mod, as usual, no disconnections, graphics looked better, games ran smoother, will test speeds later, but so far an improvement, except on free fall, extremely choppy, never saw the enemy, lagged like crazy..

Ok well get the total player count, player count for your game mode, and which region has the most players and  post that.  Post connection speeds when you can.

Ah, erm, I forgot to check last night, I was in a full party with Americans and was just enjoying a more stable connection, not getting booted from the servers and well, just getting drunk and having a laugh. I simply forgot to look, sorry bro, but I will check tonight when I get on. There were some games where it was obvious I was the weakest link, going negative a few times, and when I did go positive my scores weren't that great, I got the final killcam a few times too, so its definitely an improvement, and when I've played more consistently for a few nights I'm sure my scores and accuracy will improve. But here we are, a positive post for a change which I'm sure will please a few people.

• 27. Re: Freefall review
                      HEREIAMNOW

It is complete garbage.  Having to play slow on a small map is ridiculous.  Yes, I am top scorer every time I play, but I opt to play a different map.  I'll even pick Sovereign, which was my most hated map, over this one. 

The color scheme is horrible, and all the window camping kids make it stupid.  Yes, I figured out how to flank through the map.  But, why do I have to bring my team to victory because no one else moves?  Stonehaven doesnt move this slow.

I will pay them to take this map off the game.  I'll take dome though, if we ever get map packs.

• 28. Re: Freefall review
                        BobbyMcGee

just wow. "im the top scorer in every game" not from what ive seen...

• 29. Re: Freefall review
                          BobbyMcGee

ive seen you on a few times the past couple days, bro im really happy youve straightened out the disconnects. wether you are winning or losing disconnected from host popups get really friggin old fast.

1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next