12 Replies Latest reply: Mar 23, 2014 12:59 AM by DesertDogXR RSS

Clan Wars - PC pairing with Consoles

DesertDogXR

So, in the Platinum level of PC gaming, it is far too difficult to keep up with the consoles that we are paired up against. The fact of the matter is that there are far less PC gamers thanks to a few not so bright ideas. That is besides the point now though, console gamers do not have the issues of waiting many minutes for a match just to scrap by. This is the great disadvantage of PC versus Consoles. However, PC clans are supposed to compete against console clans who do not have these issues.

Here is where a thought comes to mind, if PC gamers are supposed to compete against console gamers, then let us truly compete against them. PC versus Xbox versus PS. Obviously there are some logistical issues, but this could be easily solved if the right people were willing. And if the issue is that Microsoft pays for their people to get the DLC earlier, then pair PC with PS until DLC is released for all, then re-pair them.

- DesertDog

• Re: Clan Wars - PC pairing with Consoles
          DustyFox

I totally agree with all these statements. We should really cross- platform.

Shadowlink283

All we're asking for is more players, we're being pitted against ps and xbox clans that can play for hours with no worries. I agree with dog, please work on this issue!!!

rankismet

A clan can have members on all platforms... mine has people on XBL, PSN, and 1 PC gamer.

Branch out and recruit members on consoles... but clan wars success is built on active members versus what console you play on.

P.S.... this should be in the clan forum.

vonDitt0

I think you're missing the obvious point... Desert is in a PC only clan and the population on any game type is extremely low because of the issues with the poor optimization and almost inexistent cheat protection for the PC community.  Sure I could maybe go out and buy 3 consoles pay for subscriptions (blank cheque to Activision....anybody) and get randoms to join the clan but that's not the issue at hand.

The issue is simple PC has 11k players on a free to play weekend!!!!! consoles have access to >11k players in one game type at all times of the day. Its clear to most PC players that Activision and IW cater to the consoles gamers. I don't think we would be in this predicament if they could supply PC gamers with a fully optimized for PC game. Not some shabby half a#$@d port that has no ping indicator, no audio slider, got a limited to 80 fov slider, lied to by Execs about dedicated servers(well sort of...), etc, etc.  So don't wonder why NOBODY in the PC community plays this game its quite obvious to anyone who has installed it. Most are awaiting the next installment and if they don't wise up the community that brought em up will drop em ...Just sayin!

at least Treyarch gives pc players somewhat of an optimized for PC experience.

Titanfall will most likely be the final blow to this poor attempt of a PC game..(Runs better in Alpha than this game after 4 months of support & patches) GLHF cause after March 11th <1k players online....

RIP COD PC Community!

rankismet

vonDitt0 wrote:

I think you're missing the obvious point... Desert is in a PC only clan and the population on any game type is extremely low because of the issues with the poor optimization and almost inexistent cheat protection for the PC community.  Sure I could maybe go out and buy 3 consoles pay for subscriptions (blank cheque to Activision....anybody) and get randoms to join the clan but that's not the issue at hand.

The issue is simple PC has 11k players on a free to play weekend!!!!! consoles have access to >11k players in one game type at all times of the day. Its clear to most PC players that Activision and IW cater to the consoles gamers. I don't think we would be in this predicament if they could supply PC gamers with a fully optimized for PC game. Not some shabby half a#$@d port that has no ping indicator, no audio slider, got a limited to 80 fov slider, lied to by Execs about dedicated servers(well sort of...), etc, etc.  So don't wonder why NOBODY in the PC community plays this game its quite obvious to anyone who has installed it. Most are awaiting the next installment and if they don't wise up the community that brought em up will drop em ...Just sayin!

at least Treyarch gives pc players somewhat of an optimized for PC experience.

Titanfall will most likely be the final blow to this poor attempt of a PC game..(Runs better in Alpha than this game after 4 months of support & patches) GLHF cause after March 11th <1k players online....

RIP COD PC Community!

I got it...

... but the reality is clan wars are cross platform. If they do as the OP asks... they would no longer be.

DesertDogXR

rankismet wrote:

I got it...

... but the reality is clan wars are cross platform. If they do as the OP asks... they would no longer be.

So we have to recruit members across a platform that we cannot play with, is that what you are saying? Because that in my mind, defeats the purpose of clan wars entirely.

kettle84

agreed. i ended up here because i faught a clan i been paired up with was hacking,

because there getting the nodes in gamemodes that show 0 players on line.

now i know im paired with console player.

so i might as well give up now,

how can i compete with a console team if there only 1k pc online and only 2 gamemodes being played.

pointless

currently:

1620 online

DesertDogXR

So how do we bring this back on track? Obviously the PC platform is suffering too hard to survive alone in clan wars and as I previously stated recruiting members that you cannot play with defeats the purpose of clan wars.

phxs72

I can see your point on the long wait times part of things.  That certainly puts you at a disadvantage.  Although I don't see what they can do about it now.  The wars are built for cross platform but the platforms don't allow cross platform head to head competition.  If they had it to do over again then perhaps they should have segregated out the PC community to keep things fair for all PC clans.  However, as others have said, you do have the ability to recruit across platform.  My clan is mainly PS3/PS4 based and we make it work even though we can't all play together.  I'm not going to pretend it will be easy for you to find quality people on other platforms without you actually playing on those platforms because it's not easy.  The reason my clan only has one XBOX player in it is because he's a forum friend.  Beyond that we really haven't had any success finding players that will contribute on the XBOX side.  I'm sure that they are out there but without a real presence on that platform, it's hard to find people that are worth having.  Sure you can find plenty of people that want to join and have nice stats but you need people that are strong leaders and are willing to grow the clan.  Those folks don't just grow on trees and more often than not the ones that are out there already are running a clan.  So you might want to consider a clan merger if you know another platform leader that you consider a friend say perhaps on this forum or in real life.  A lot of clans out there are looking for a few good men/women to put them over the top competition wise.  Just be sure to find the right people if you do go the merger route.