1 2 3 Previous Next 112 Replies Latest reply: Mar 19, 2014 3:03 AM by Omerta_Phoenix RSS

the ripper is clearly pay to win

gotsomestars

I made a thread when the gun was announced. This is is clearly a step toward pay to win. A gun that switches from an assault rifle to a SMG with the push of a button should not be "bought". This gives people who pay extra a clear advantage over those who do not. I have had no issue with guns being released with dlc. But the problem is this gun gives a clear advantage to those who pay extra. At the smallest, it let's you carry an SMG and AR without overkill. I could go on for hours. But what do you guys think?

• 1. Re: the ripper is clearly pay to win

I see no problem especially considering another game (BF4) gives you 4-5 weapons when you buy a map pack.  I also see no big deal with it being an SMG and AR.  Bad players will still suck good players will still be good.

• 2. Re: the ripper is clearly pay to win
            Ovrlord

I've picked up this weapon a few times off the ground (I don't have the season pass) and I can see why anyone would believe this is pay to win. The ability to switch between SMG and AR on demand is a definite advantage over its peers. The gun's damage really isn't that high, but I believe it makes up for it with a high rpm and low recoil. This weapon can definitely be a top contender for the best SMG in the game since it can freely switch between both of those modes, kills quickly, and is really accurate. That's just my opinion though.

I think they made the gun this way to tempt more people into buying the season pass.

• 3. Re: the ripper is clearly pay to win

Wait....it is not on PS4 yet. Right?

• 4. Re: the ripper is clearly pay to win
                gotsomestars

How many weapons given isn't the point. And battfield has nothing to do with it. I'll say the point again in case it was missed. Having a weapon that changes from an assault rifle to a smg in game gives an advantage to the user. Others choose between the two and have to limit there decisions based on the weapon. The ripper user does not. I'm not sure how this is confusing? Bad players will be bad, good players will be good? No shite? Groundbreaking. But what does it do for two players who are equal? If one is limited to SMG range? I understand if you don't agree it is your opinion.

• 5. Re: the ripper is clearly pay to win

No not for a bit still.

• 6. Re: the ripper is clearly pay to win
                    gotsomestars

Correct. It is not on ps4 yet. I have all consoles , but I play the ps4 the most.

• 7. Re: the ripper is clearly pay to win

My point is obviously to complicated for you to understand.  My point is whether they have a weapon that is an SMG or an AR or a combination of the 2 like the Ripper they will still suck or they will continue to be good.  One gun isn't gonna make people magically better.  That is what you are basically saying without seeming to understand yourself.  This one weapon isn't gonna make bad players good all the sudden.  And it isn't gonna make good players amazing all the sudden either. 

• 8. Re: the ripper is clearly pay to win
                        Ovrlord

I don't really think it's fair to say what you're saying. I understand where you're coming from, but unless the weapon was incredibly strong but really difficult to use, then your point could be relevant. This weapon isn't too hard to use, and it's a pretty powerful one at that. The weapon has an undeniable advantage over the other weapons in its class because it has the ability to switch between SMG and AR mode on the fly.

• 9. Re: the ripper is clearly pay to win

Look at my other thread. Crazy as my clan ran into a clan of hackers with Gold Rippers on PS4 the other night. I picked one up off the ground and it seems just my style.  I don't use stalker so I will love the strafe of the SMG and the slow movement in AR mode.

1 2 3 Previous Next