27 Replies Latest reply: Mar 18, 2014 9:31 AM by Shortcake2008 RSS

PSN Clans Cheating?

Guy8915

We have been beaten into 2nd/3rd place in both our diamond division by PSN clans. They were getting 18 wins to our 6 and taking nodes in next to no time. Ive heard certain rumours about PSN clans and how they win so quickly. They basically have 2 accounts and get a non clan friend to play on the 2nd account, joining games and leaving to give the clan a quick win. I wondered if anyone else had come across this or even done it themselves??

• Re: PSN Clans Cheating?

Guy8915 wrote:

They were getting 3 wins to our one and taking nodes in next to no time.

It could be because they were playing in a clan, that means when you are winning one game alone, they are winning a game where they have 3 members of their clan in their team, that counts as 3 wins.

l0thMountain

actually i came across something similar. Me and 3 other members, and 1 random against 6 in a clan. Game started and in the first minute a random level 1 noob joins my team and corners me in then stands in front of me so i die from friendly fire. I didn't fire so he shot and killed my dog. The entire match he was doing that to my team.

Badwolf-UK

Well Funny enough we have just come across that same very thing. We took like 2 nodes in 90 mins then this certain PSN team come and take 4 within and hour. Then during the war they was capturing nodes capturing nodes within 30 mins.. Plus some of their players had K/D of 4.93 with an average of 2.9 within their clan. Putting up with cheats is bad enough but exploiting the game system. Within 24 hours they had 90+ points Which rapidly zipped up to 270+ within a further 24. then to 480+ on the 3rd day 4day with 1d 19 hours and 8 mins to go they was on 627. then 1d 00 30mins they was on 806. To end it as they knew they couldn't be beat they left it as 890 and didn't bother capturing the last day much.

We to as a clan went 6v6 within the same group so we would avoid cheaters and so on.

I would ask you the same thing;

How many members did your clan and their clan had and how many of them were online from your clan?

Cos, what could have happened is that they might have more players online at that time and as you mentioned they had really good K/D and W/L then for sure they will win faster.

PS.

I was the only one playing for my clan (clan size 3), the other teams had captured some of the nodes. I played the whole weekend ending up with 300+ points in the first place, Cos

1. The other clans might have stopped working on clan wars when I started

OR

1. They were losing the games a lot more than I was
                      Guy8915

its diamond division. we both had 14, that's why i couldn't understand how they were doing it so quickly. we had between 11 and 14 online throughout the entire war

Hmm,

Then the only thing left is that; for example, if after a game (15 mins), your both teams of 6 won and gave you 12 points and they won their games in that time as well giving them 12 or 14 wins to their name, and you still saw their wins 3 times of yours after that period of time (15 mins) then yeah they were cheating and you should report them to @beachheadstudio on twitter!

Badwolf-UK

More or less all of our Clan was active through out around 17 of us in total.  There is no way yo can capture a node in 15-30 mins No clan are that good to get win after win in as many consecutive games...

Really depends on the node, you can if it is cranked or blitz. Those are 4-5 minute games at most if you know what your doing

Shortcake2008

Depends on what noobs you're up against surely? If you have a full team or two full teams online and playing well, matches can be over quite quickly. On psn you're not just up against other Clans either, you could be put against 6 random players not part of a Clan. Not saying this happened but some people even though they just died loads, will remain in that lobby and so it happens again (2 games, 6 players = Quick & Easy 12 wins).

Firesens

Just because it is a large clan doesn't mean they are all online nor does it mean that they are not boosting/cheating in some way. The clan my clan was going against had 37 members not all of them were on and they took 3 nodes within 10 minutes. They did this so quickly that after other teams neutralized nodes they'd go in and take the lead within like 10 minutes after passing the lead team in win points. They were winning matches of DOM and SnR too quickly, every 6 win points we'd get they would get triple at a much faster rate as well. They were obviously having friends (not clan members) join their game lobby and quit out for them to gain easy win points within 1 minute after the game has started.

Sledgehammer23248

when it comes to the speed of capturing nodes in a matter of minutes being related to boosting has to do with how quickly those games can be played.  we all know it takes much longer to start a game in a lobby where there are already 6 clan members in the lobby.  how many players back out as soon as they see an entire clan with their clan tags?  yes, some will stay, but the ones that say they stay are in the minority.  80% or higher leave the lobby.  how do i know, because i'm the 20% that stays and it takes forever to get lobbies full to start a match.  so, i'm  always interested in how these clans win so fast.  but i'm sure there is an explanation. 

kike4p

yes i have witness this on ps4 diamond division where a clan gets 50 wins in a matter of 5mins since its cross platform clan wars most likely it is done on ps3 when u dont need playstation plus to make fake accounts

the wrestler

Does the Playstation network still allow free second accounts?

Cky2k673

no limit for free accounts on psn. playstation plus is only for ps4 but can be used with all accounts that are on the ps4 system. in didnt test out how much accounts can be linked on the system. i only have 3 accounts (me, gf and a friend).

Shortcake2008

On ps3, I use to split screen with 2 of my friends (one of them had two accounts, for different games) and Bf. So that's 4, I have 3 accounts set up (Different games, not needed anymore back on my main account permanently) and my girls share an account (Sub account) 8 in total... think you can have more however. There is a limit though, don't quote me but I believe its 15/16 accounts on 1 console. 

the wrestler

So the PS3 still allows free secondary accounts?

Our combined clan record so far, over six regular clan wars, and two diamond wars, is 51-3. (if you win a clan war, your record is 7-0, etc...) The only three clans we have lost to, so far, are Playstation clans. I'm not going to call some of those early losses due to cheating though, as they were in early clan wars. We really didn't know what we were doing, finishing 2nd.

But in the most recent Diamond ClanWar, we ran into a clan that had 82 people when it started. They were Playstation based. We are very organized in these clanwars, and are always tracking opponent's movements and speed of node captures. We measured some of this Playstation clan's caps. How long it took them to go from say '0 wins' in a node, to 180 wins, while directly racing against our clans. We did this four times over the contest. Each measurement kept showing that this clan was playing with 80 to 88 people.

I'm not going to call them 'cheaters'. But I am a little bit suspect of any clan that can supposedly get 100% participation during both nights of a Diamond clan war. Am I to believe that every single one of their clan guys, 82 of 82, all showed up to play both nights?

Anyways, to date, if we have had any suspected strange movement speeds on the other clans,...it has without fail always been a playstation clan.

Shortcake2008

I run into lobbies where a full team of 6 will join and if there is room on our team their 7th member will join our side. S&D / S&R mainly. Player number 7 is just there to give our location away and doesn't play at all, I found him in the corner on many occasions doing nothing (Writing to his clan no doubt).

Shortcake2008

I'm in a PS3 Clan, we don't do bad generally, Don't cheat either. We have lost some games unfairly due to the other Clan cheating. It happens. It's not normally to do with secondary accounts, well I don't think so anyway. Like mentioned above, I normally get the 7th player of the other Clan on my team, if there is enough room (Rarely but we do get a few players who like to be inactive during Clan wars).