1 2 3 Previous Next 117 Replies Latest reply: May 1, 2014 11:49 PM by BlockBurner415 RSS

People backing out of games...C'mon.

CKRITT22

Can we please get back to having consequences to those who CONSISTENTLY back out games just because they are losing? This is starting to get ridiculous! Without exaggerating, 1 out of 5 games I play now, I win by forfeit. Whenever I actually have a good game and go like 20-1, right when I'm about to put up a Gryphon, and I'm really excited that I'm gonna have one of those games everyone likes to brag about, the other team backs out completely. This SH*T is getting old. Fast. Its understandable to do it every once in a while...after all, there are a lot of hackers out there. So if you get stuck in a lobby where you TRULY believe the other team is hacking, then sure...back out. But backing out just because you are losing....and maybe because you want to keep your fake @$$ win streak...that's ridiculous. Which by the way IW and Activision, that crap needs to be fixed too. I even caught one of M clan members backing out of games so that his win streak wouldn't get reset. And trust me...I put that to an end. I don't cheat, hack, or utilize any other kind of glitch, nor does my clan tolerate it. It needs to be this way Globally.

• 1. Re: People backing out of games...C'mon.
          Jaden198

Putting people in time-out for backing out was flawed:

1.  Don't put me into games where I'm down 170-25, the enemy has two choppers in the air, dogs on the ground, and a full-fledged spawn camp engaged.

2.  Don't punish me for "backing out" when you kick me for killing a teamate who walks through my stream of fire in hardcore (that one really chapped my hide).

3.  And lastly, don't punish me for having a life.  Sometimes the wife, the kids, the phone..whatever..means I've got to step out of a game.  Leaving for 3 hours and returning to find that I've got to serve a 10 minute time-out is insulting.

I completely agree that quitting should register as a loss.  I ran across a fella last night with 2k+ games played and fewer than 100 losses.  I might typically assume that he only plays with a squad...but then I noticed that he had 3 days more playing time than me and 2k fewer games played.  Hell...doesn't it pop up on the screen that quitting will result in a forfeit?

• 2. Re: People backing out of games...C'mon.
            ThePrincessSlayer

I think dashboarding is poor sportsmanship. It's only a game and a few minutes out of your life in a less than ideal match. I don't know how many times I've been thrown in a crappy match (thankfully usually closer to the end) and/or ended up stuffed on freefall or another crap map and wanted to back out. Sure, maybe its 50-10 in a TDM and I'm just going to be easy pickings for a team. Oh well, next match will be better.

Maybe I don't understand the mechanics here, but if you dashboard doesn't it count as a loss and a 0.00 K/D? If I'm understanding that right you're better off to stay in a crap match. You'll at least get some kills and assists and a little XP for the loss. Please correct me if I'm wrong here.

• 3. Re: People backing out of games...C'mon.
              CKRITT22

@Jaden198: I do agree that there were some definite flaws in the Temp bans for backing out. Especially the ones you mentioned. Wholeheartedly I agree. However, there HAS to be a middle ground. Example: For the reasons stated above you wont find yourself quitting 5 games in one hour. Especially since HC mode is back to ricochet and you can no longer get kicked for team-killing. So maybe there can be a limit. If you've backed out of 5 games out of the last 20 games...maybe you need a time out. Hey, that way if it really is reason number 3 (stated above) that is making you back out...then GREAT. Now you have time to take care of whatever you need to take care of. So in conclusion, I do agree with you @Jayden198, but I hope to see some way of stopping people from backing out just because they are losing. Maybe instead of punishing people for leaving, there should be an incentive for staying. I hope to see something soon. Thanks for your replies :-)

• 4. Re: People backing out of games...C'mon.
                Jaden198

Didn't they try a match completion bonus as an incentive before?

• 5. Re: People backing out of games...C'mon.
                  CKRITT22

Yes, they did. I just dont think that will be enough incentive. Maybe if in the future they could offer a match completion bonus that gets larger for every consecutive completion. Maybe even a cool patch for completing like 100 games without backing out. That may help a bit. What do you think?

• 6. Re: People backing out of games...C'mon.
                    Umbra_Stalker

I agree I joined a game about at the halfway point the other day and the other team was slaughtering us then I noticed I was the only one getting killed so I checked if there was still people on my team, nope so I continued playing and eventually lost.

It has happened to me a few times before but I never leave midgame unless I have to or a tech problem comes up.

• 7. Re: People backing out of games...C'mon.
                      CKRITT22

And not to mention the fact that every time one team backs out half way into the match, it usually results in another team getting thrown into a game already behind in the fight. THAT is very annoying as well. Especially if you're playing solo, it seems that you HAVE to endure getting thrown into a half played match already before you can play one from the start.

• 8. Re: People backing out of games...C'mon.
                        Alky6

CKRITT22 wrote:

Can we please get back to having consequences to those who CONSISTENTLY back out games just because they are losing?

Whenever I actually have a good game and go like 20-1, right when I'm about to put up a Gryphon, and I'm really excited that I'm gonna have one of those games everyone likes to brag about, the other team backs out

When have there ever been consequences?  When you use Start Button -> Leave Game, there are no consequences.

You wonder why people back out? If I'm subjected to Gryphons, Oracles & Odins as well as a few helicopters, that gets old for me real fast, fun for you, but sucks for me. Buh-by, have fun with your toys, I'm gone! 

• 9. Re: People backing out of games...C'mon.
                          Alky6

The trouble with most of you people is you're obsessed with K/D and/or winning the match. When I get tossed into a losing match, I could care less what the score is, I'm there to kill cartoon soldiers and upgrade weapons, the rest is all bovine manure!

1 2 3 Previous Next