13 Replies Latest reply: Mar 12, 2014 11:18 AM by BlackhawkbillOO7 RSS

Where's my PSN DLC?

BlackhawkbillOO7

As many PSN users already know we on PSN will not get our DLC Content until after XBL users receive theirs. I understand completely that MS paid for their exclusivity in order to entice more people to purchase their consoles. My only issue with Infinity Ward is their current lack of communication with PSN users as to when they can expect their content. For example, they (Infinity Ward) released DLC micro transactions on XBL a few weeks ago and barely made mention that PSN users will get theirs later…I know that they (Infinity Ward) have a release schedule for their products, they have too, that's basic project and program management. What I fail to understand is their reasoning in trying to keep it such a secret. I feel it's almost dismissive to the 1000's of PSN users who would just like a confirmed, versus speculative, ballpark date as to when they might be able to receive their DLC. I have asked Infinity Ward via their Twitter account for some DLC release dates but as of yet I have not received any response. If you are curious as well, maybe we can get their attention by generating a trend  with #whereismyPSNDLC or just by you, the PSN user, asking them via their Twitter account. They have over a million followers now…maybe they will be kind enough to respond to one of us.

• Re: Where's my PSN DLC?
          TheNiceDynamite

Microsoft paid for ghosts content first.

Sony paid for battlefield content first.

Too my understanding I think that the PS4 gets the DLC for ghosts a month after Xbox360/One but it would be great if they just told uis the release dates and what is coming out instead of leaving us blindfolded in the dark.

BlackhawkbillOO7

You're absolutely correct. I would just like them to be a little bit more forthcoming in regards to release dates. Most of us can do the math but for example they released some micro transactions in the middle of last month. So, does that mean we get the same next week? Who knows for sure they haven't announced anything for us. I appreciate your feedback.

gambit1969

They don't need to tell people, most people already know that the terms of the contract are 30 days exclusive rights for xbox/xbone.

BlackhawkbillOO7

They don't "Need" to do anything but provide a quality product to the consumer. My point is that they should do a better job communicating with the PSN customer. As of yet, it appears they don't feel any need to improve their communication with PSN users.  I would like to challenge their position and hopefully they will in turn improve their level of communication with the PSN community.

LT--SHiNySiDeZ-

Crapbox gets everything 30 days (always 30 days not matter what it is) before us.

claisty

I agree with everything you said.  I'm not questioning the business reasons for such an arrangement, I only ask that they provide dates for the PS users as well.

In terms of the people already knowing that the terms were 30 days of exclusive rights, I've been unable to find anything written that confirms that.  Gambit you could be correct, although this lack of available information only supports the OP's original argument; that message coming from Activision about DLC is non-existent or cryptic at best.

gambit1969

If you google it you will find plenty of information on it dating back to when it was first agreed and since extended from its original finish date in 2012.

claisty

Yeah, I did a search before creating my post, but couldn't find anything recent or concrete.  Most authors of the articles kept citing the original contract, which may or may not still be valid.  In the most recent articles I found where they were quoting the Activision CEO he doesn't really say anything useful in terms of the length of contract, how long exclusivity rights last, etc.  I'll put the link below, but if someone is able to find a more legit article I'd love to read it in order to educate myself.

Activision’s CEO explains reasonings behind partnership with Microsoft for Call of Duty DLC – Charlie INTEL Blog: Call o…

LT--SHiNySiDeZ-

It's always been 30 days after....What is so hard to understand about that?  Not trying to be rude, but it hasn't changed in the last 3 years.  All you have to do is go look at the release date on Xbox and then look at the release date on PSN and you will see a 30 day difference and it was the same for the DLC on Ghosts. 

claisty

How do you know the contract terms didn't change after they expired?  Most logical companies would take a close look at some of the factors of a contract to determine what worked for them and what didn't.  So using your scenario if I take a look at the release dates and see that they're consistently 30 days apart then one could assume that's a condition of the contract, right?  To the OP's original point, if that's the case then why not provide that information to your user base, both on XB and PS?  Why is that information lacking from their marketing or PR departments?  A simple one line blurb in game saying "30 days from now you'll receive great DLC content that's currently being enjoyed on XBL" would work for me or even a post on Twitter.  I'm not asking for a two page write-up about the details of the contract.

gambit1969

There are always a load of threads about this, every game, every DLC drop, people ask the why, how and when. If you can't find any new information that would lead me to believe that it was a straight renewal of the existing contract with no major changes.

The simple fact is, since the agreement was made it has always been 30 days and shall remain at 30 days unless ATV and MS change the terms when its up for renewal again which is either this year or next year(not sure if the new onw was 2 or 3 years) or if Sony take up the option of outbidding MS.

BlackhawkbillOO7

Mr. Gambit,

I appreciate your input but as previously stated no one is arguing the contract or the 30 days. The point is that it would be nice, as a common courtesy, if IW would just include a date for PSN when they announce their DLC releases for XBL.