9 Replies Latest reply: Mar 14, 2014 9:18 PM by ThePrincessSlayer RSS

Stop crying over my shotgun

This may seem like a rage post, but it isn't. I aim to make all my weapons gold, as i do this on every cod series i play. So far, i have finished LMG, Assault Rifles, marksmans, and I am almost done with the shotguns. Now as a player with over 14 days of gameplay and a 2.4 kd ratio... i can assure you all that the shotgun class is far by the most worst class, due to its short range vs the large maps. All weapons outgun a shotgun in Ghosts and only on a few maps can it be used effectively... Flooded, strikezone, siege, free fall and tremor. Fog from the Onslaught DLC is also a good map for shotguns. back to the main issue... its a common fact that shotguns suck on Ghosts because of the big maps, corner campers, long range weapons,snipers, low health, explosions, etc, although if u use them correctly and in the right situations, then it can be devastating.

The thing is, players don't take shotguns into consideration. Of course, as a shotgun user for the current moment, i have to stick to paths that best satisfy the short range, and at all costs, avoid opened areas. I figured it is so easy to take out players, cause of the lack of capability to react when I encounter them at short range. Many players try to panic knife me when they see me at that range, an easy hip fire shot takes em out and anyone else behind em. other players try to blow explosives, c4s, ieds, or just pull a distance shot that i can't reach to them. For some reason, when u kill a person with a shotgun, one of the two scenarios occur. Scenario no1, he comes back through the same path u killed em over and over... Scenario No2, they come back with a bulldog... through the same path u killed em. The FP6, MTS, and TAC 12 outguns the bulldog as these shotguns only require 1 shot to kill at the same range that the bulldog would probably require 2 or more shots. I easily pull multi-kills cause of the lack of mobility that ARs have over close range battles. anyways, practice using a shotgun and try it for urselves and u would probably see what i am talking about.

The problem... in Black ops 2, so many players, raged about the shotguns, cause, they did so much damage and the maps had so many paths that they were found very effective in. In ghosts, it really feels that u r handicapped by the range, where a noob that stands across 10 metres from u, can easily own. The only thing u got with a shotgun is close range encounters. With other weapons, i can easily pull 30+kills and 0-5 deaths. with a shotgun... on the maps i mentioned above, i can pull a 20+kills to 0-10 deaths. Here is the problem, i am doing less than what i usually do. Less kills, more deaths... but the rage is unbearable... when i kill a person, all i can hear is the dude shouting "Shotgun Noob". after the matches and in the lobby... players that got owned rage about it saying its OP and only noobs use it. I could care less for what they say... but it just doesn't make sense. I can take the HB, pull a gryphon, loki, dog and push over 40 kills, and no one says anything about it or rages. I do a 20-5 match with a shotgun... and I get raged by the lobby, hate spam messages and players not staying for the next match. Players make it too easy to kill with a shotgun and rage harder when they die. Once i finish the last shotgun to gold... i am going to put them away for good... but seriously... players prefer to rage over adapting or using tactics. 

• Re: Stop crying over my shotgun

I agree that the small maps are tailored to the shotguns and I personally love using the TAC 12. I'm not worried about golding the guns j ust having fun and I can't deny that I have never raged at people using the bulldog and spam shooting when coming round a corner. If they are attempting to gold the gun, good luck to them but if they're just using the gun because it has the best hip fire of the shotguns and therefore the best for getting quick and easy kills on small maps, that's what I have a problem with.

But after all is said and done, it's a game and people paid for the game and they are entitled to play it the way they want.

Gerbera

It seems like, ever since MW2, where shotguns as secondaries were one of the ruling classes aside from Danger Close + One Man Army + Launchers, each subsequent game has dumbed them down little by little (same with Sniper Rifles it seems) in some way to the point that BO2 shotguns (and I think Ghosts does too) have some of the lowest kill ranges in all the franchise.

alejbr4

i know how you feel it seems every yr ppl get more and more everything  is OP, everything should be played my way these days, not just in cod but so many games now.  Its getting to the pt where i now mute everyone, and even then ive gotten messages and friend requests with insults.  So believe me i know, just keep doing what you are doing, if they cant adapt then let them be stupid and cry with their forever lowering k/ds while you will climb up the charts

Carvalho16

Anyone who cries about shotguns in this game is just simply a bad player.

"Wahh Wahh my AK-12 lost a close range gunfight to a Tac 12 shotgun and I even got 2 hitmarkers" *sob* *sob* *sob*

People who complain about losing close range gunfights to mediocre shotguns disgust me.

Gerbera

Unfortunately, it's the age of "entitlement". Nobody is a loser (and if you do lose, it's never your own fault). Everyone is a winner and gets a trophy. Everyone is special. Everyone and everything is "equal". Add in that I'm sure a large number of players are eight years to arrogant young teens who shouldn't even be playing this game...yeah.

Activision knows this too, or else, why bother with so many pointless and even childish camo micro-transactions? How many 17+ year old players would care SO much about cat camos or anything that offer NOTHING except an aesthetic change to your gun? Only the younger audience would be all, "SQUEE!!!! MUST HAVE!!!"

Dis3ngageNZ

What I don't like with shotguns is you don't even have to aim. sure the shot is intended to spread but when you have semi-automatic shotguns running around hip firing with what seems to be bare minimal recoil, I'm sure shotguns actually have recoil. Other than that I don't have a problem. I'm just sick of the franchise (imo) f**king the shotguns up

Dis3ngageNZ

To me there setting shotguns to be abused, I don't see someone hip firing a wild animal while hunting and successfully achieving something you can do in these games