33 Replies Latest reply: Apr 23, 2014 3:11 AM by featherman84 RSS

FEB 20/2014 THE DAY GHOSTS DIED!!!!

onlineace

Feb 20, 2014 was the day COD updated and essentially ruined the game and created more problems then it ever had. Since then the game has become unplayable.

Consistantly worse lag problems.

Worse match making ever

Nerfed sniper weapons.

K/D averages for 99 percent of players have steadily been on the decline.  (look at your lobbies and tell me im wrong)

Error 4096 almost every day. (never had that issue till the 2nd last update)

Lopsided Victories on just about every TDM match I have played since

Player drop out of matches worse I have ever seen.

Basically game is just about unplayable for majority of COD players!!

• Re: FEB 20/2014 THE DAY GHOSTS DIED!!!!
          Izjar11

Yea something went wrong (IMO) on that update, I wrote about the issues that came with it mostly being: delayed / choppy movements and more latency. They will never say what happened, but we all know that a change for the negative went down.

I'm surprised you actually agree with this.  I'm not one to complain on forums, but that update was horrendous for me.  I consistently have major frame rate drops, more lobbies than normal I rage from because I unload half a clip into someones back and they turn around and kill me (killcam shows me shooting maybe once right before they kill me).  I never had this problem till then, before this I was actually quite happy with the game.

Izjar11

LT--SHiNySiDeZ- wrote:

I'm surprised you actually agree with this.  I'm not one to complain on forums, but that update was horrendous for me.  I consistently have major frame rate drops, more lobbies than normal I rage from because I unload half a clip into someones back and they turn around and kill me (killcam shows me shooting maybe once right before they kill me).  I never had this problem till then, before this I was actually quite happy with the game.

I created a thread on the subject it just fell (as all other threads) do through time. That patch did something negative and I suffered from it, and it just seemed way to coincidental that before it I was fine, and after things weren't.

Fast forwarding to today: Game is playing great.

Scorchin

"they" lol probably don't know what happened , someone probably put in a wrong code or reversed it , kinda like when the light is green , no opposing traffic and the light suddenly decides to turn red , thinking your on the other lane lol go figure

jnikoley

They definitely screwed up something with that update.  It divided my k/d by 2. Now that it's been updated again, it is working a lot better for me, and not lagging as much.  Now I only need to multiply my normal k/d by 2 over the next two weeks to get it back where it was before the 2/20 update.

RobboFX

I'm actually glad that the snipers got nerfed but oh well. But completely agree about the rest, that last patch has made a lot more lobby's lagg for me. I thought I'll have an hour this morning been out into 4 games where people have been skipping around the place so off its gone. I hope IW sort it out soon I'm sure they will.

JesusHchrist

I agree and for a flagship game it is an embarrassment. There are no leaps forward in terms of gameplay, innovative maps or indeed perks and weapons.. its a remake of old classics and not a very good one at that (its like the new wizard of oz movie it shouldn't have been made) !!! I feel sorry for Sony as at least XB1 owners have Titanfall (which I have and its a very good game).

I noticed on another post someones opinion that the moderators on the Ghosts forum do not have a balanced view and again I have to agree, it is in their interests to big up the game, I'm sure there are people out there who love the game, but thats the minority now and unless some major changes are made i can seen less and less people playing the game (which is apparent now as I come across the same people in the lobbies time and time again, never happened in MW2/3 or BO's). I have an XB1 and bought the extra load out pack in Jan and it is not yet available for the PS4, which kinda adds salt to the wounds of PS4 players and i can honestly say this version of COD will be the one that is the reason for the demise of the franchise... just saying !!!!

the_eon

Yep I'm sick of how multi player games run on the PSN  I gave sold my ps4 and going for the Xbox One titan fall combo.

the_eon

What a refreshing change Titanfall is....just running around having fun. The grunts are a good idea as even for noobs there is something to kill. Not sure it will have longevity that cod has but it's lots of fun. You can camp but you won't score very much!!

I have signed up to this forum for the first time, considering i have been playing COD since MW2, i have never felt the need to have to post concerns about any of the games....... until this one.

As others have said, when the game was first released, their was ZERO lag, it was beautiful. My KD was over 2.00 which personally i was happy with. If i was killed, it was because i was beaten in the gun fight.

Now, it is just ridiculous. It is not coincidence that so many are describing the exact same problems, in regards to lag compensation. I have never had to put so many bullets into another player before, but in return die in 1-2 bullets.

It is also not coincidence that when i play with my friends, on a good night, our chat party is quiet. On a bad night, we are all complaining about the same thing.

My KD is now slowly on the decline. Every TDM i used to play i would AT LEAST double my kills to death, i am now lucky if i can keep my deaths below my kills.

I hope they do actually read these forums and listen to us. I am becoming extremely frustrated, and playing on it less and less.

I Just have to laugh at the people that go prone in a disadvantaged gun fight.  That's how banged up this game is.  I get the drop on them and start shooting and it takes so many rounds to kill people when it's lagged that they can actually hold the button long enough to go prone and then kill me.  It's a joke.

Going prone in a draw has got to be the most noob thing I have ever seen in my life but because of all this stupid lag delay the baddies are being rewarded for it.  It's sickening.

if this game was working right they would be dead before their thumb touched the circle which is always the case when I'm not forced to play with this retarded a$$ lag delay.

OP might be right... Ghosts is dead unless they do something soon...

Greatgollymsmolly wrote:

I Just have to laugh at the people that go prone in a disadvantaged gun fight.  That's how banged up this game is.  I get the drop on them and start shooting and it takes so many rounds to kill people when it's lagged that they can actually hold the button long enough to go prone and then kill me.  It's a joke.

Going prone in a draw has got to be the most noob thing I have ever seen in my life but because of all this stupid lag delay the baddies are being rewarded for it.  It's sickening.

if this game was working right they would be dead before their thumb touched the circle which is always the case when I'm not forced to play with this retarded a$$ lag delay.

OP might be right... Ghosts is dead unless they do something soon...

Its called drop shot. They don't usually shoot you after they go down they shoot you while they go down. For drop shots you can switch the button layout to tactical so that the Circle button and R3 button get swapped. This makes it easier to drop shot while shooting you.

A good counter to drop shots  I think is to strafe and shoot. Even if their in tactical mode it is kinda hard to aim with the stick when your applying pressure to it if the target is strafing to them they may not be able to land the shots and if they are not using tactical mode its hard to use your thumb to press circle and aim so if you strafe it would be hard for them to get the shots.

Another thing drop shooters may to is hold their controller in a crab position which is basically using your middle and ring fingers to click the R1/R2 buttons and kinda crawling your index finger to press circle. Be careful though it may break your finger!

Another final way drop shooters may do their trick is by using scuff controllers, they are not released for PS4 but they are controllers that have clickable pads behind them that can be used for jumping and crouching

DocChoi

I would rather get dropshotted than commando knifed while I'm hip firing. I would say commando knifing is more "noob" than drop shots. the knifing in this game is ridiculous, like MW2 all over again.

agreed, worst after update.

I also agree that the game has went south since the last update.  It's so frustrating that I don't even want to play anymore.  I did notice that the ps4 is on defcon 4.  I wonder if there is a known issue affecting the online game play.  I've noticed quite a few host migrations the past few days as well.......

craig_lufc_ren

Just letting you all know I think the lag problem might be getting sorted as last night I had a good night on cod hit markers seemed on time and gun fights seemed even I had some great gameplays compared to the last week or so when I was getting dropped in 2 bullets from a pistol across the map haha hopefully everyone is is feeling the same

featherman84

onlineace wrote:

Basically game is just about unplayable for majority of COD players!!

Why do you think majority of players have issues after this patch?

Where do you base that info on, I personally think people who have good games don't come spamming the threads here, about how good their games are.

And keep in mind, that most people who spam "Ghosts playing awful" threads here, are not aware of connection issues on their own end.If your asking them how they are connected, the first answer you probably get is "Wireless".

If you try to help them optimize their settings the next answer is:"It's not on my end it's the lag compensation".

That's a sad thing to believe, really.

Also people who say"I got goldplated super mega sigma internet for a lot of money a month", the answer "can be simple", bad connection settings on your own end.

Worst ive ever seen tonight, completely unplayable, cant even get a kill.

This game died when the population went below 200,000 for the main consoles.

featherman84

The game died when, they decided to put dlc in standard rotation which is fragmenting the already smaller playerpool too much on ps4.

Playable games are more often harder too find, due to fragmentation.