17 Replies Latest reply: Apr 12, 2014 6:38 PM by phantom139 RSS

PLEASE stop double XP for Extinction!!!

PugnaxAlbere

I really feel that the devs f@#ked up with double xp for extinction.... At one time your rank was somewhat of an indicator on how much time was put into Extinction which in turn meant you played and had some skills to earn that rank. The leaderboards were at one time a somewhat reliable source for stats but now those are f$%ked up as well in most of the catagories. I have NEVER minded playing with anyone who wants a have a good game and works as a team! That is not my issue in any way! When Im sitting in a lobby and other players are telling me how to play or what to run for my setup and I go look at their stats and they are garbage numbers I leave..... plain and simple BYE.... Just because your rank is maxed sure as sh!t doesn't mean you know how to play or that you should appoint yourself team leader and dictate to others, I will make suggestions to others but I don't demand anything. I EARNED my rank the old fashion way.... by playing. I learned what I know.....by playing. Ive learned a ton of info and hints.... by playing!!!! I never wanted or needed DXP to gain ranks and actually most of the time I use my kids account during DXP since I always like ranking up every hive lol. But on that same note I tell my kid to NOT go play in HC games, run relics or be a tard ingame.... I chewed his ass hard the other day for not being a teamplayer while playing Extinction.... It would be nice if the ranks system went on something other than XP alone.... maybe kills, or escapes, hives destroyed etc... something other than just XP since that is no longer a good indication of player skill level!!!! xbox360- GT OFC Pugnax

• Re: PLEASE stop double XP for Extinction!!!
          silencer555

I agree with the Double XP issue. I now see a lot of Prestieged players not having anything above 5 missions completed. It gets on my nerves to see someone who yells and bosses around everyone in the lobby on what to do when they have not even completed multiple missions compared to me. I have 78 missions completed so far, and I hate seeing max ranked players brag about their rank when they have garbage stats.

I_Steal_Boxes

I think its pretty funny when people tell me how to play when they are max prestige but haven't escaped before. I usually go along with it and start asking them for tips on how we can beat the breeder, do challenges and pretend I don't know what I'm doing Moral of the story, just have fun with them and pretend you're a big noob that never escaped before

nuttin2say

Good points, Pugnax.

My bro and I love Extinction - far more than Squads or MP. Every time we get on to play, we give the benefit of the doubt and hook up with other players online. It never fails. A guy that's gotten ONE platinum finish (probably because he was hooked up with other better players) tells us how to do a load out. Then we get to the end of the game and the load out fails the entire team. Meanwhile, we've got several gold finishes that are totally ignored.

I guarantee you, if we're in a lobby with a guy that has multiple platinum finishes, we are going to follow his advice. Why wouldn't you? It's like listening to a shade-tree mechanic versus listening to Mario Andretti's pit boss. I'll listen to the pit boss, thank you.

As far as the points go, for us that is nothing but mere novelty. I'm not even sure why points are necessary in Extinction. What I want to see is cash flow rate, challenges completed, hives destroyed, etc. We do, every now and then, try to run some of the relics - but that is merely to complete game challenges. We only attempt those things if the other two guys on the team are okay with it, for one, and only if we think the other two guys can handle us not being at 100%.

But frankly, we haven't been running relics in a while. I've only done it with two active. I'm only at 4th prestige now and haven't tried doing 3 in public matches. We've tried it in private ... but we don't try to do Extinction until 2 or 3 tries in public matches. Well, by then we're too tired to get past the final breeder or final run for the chopper. And since we're running relics ... ugh.

I'll tell you one more thing that really irks me. We've been getting a lot of players with mics that do not talk at all ... until we are about to do the last stage of the game. Then they get on the mic and brag, "I've never gotten this far!" Really? Wonder why. The problem is that they've played extremely greedy to that point ... and no one has what they need to get over that last hump. And, to be honest, they still play somewhat selfishly. Like they will run off to shoot at the breeder in the farthest corner from every other player. Worse, they won't tell anyone they've done so.

I mean, really, Extinction, either map, is a fairly easy game. If people can't figure it out, then listen to people who have the numbers - not points - that say they DO have it figured out.

spartanMook117

Yes, I agree with PugnaxAlbere

Jon_the_Chief

I feel like your asking for a better way to determine skill instead of a better ranking up system. There are multiple ways to tell how good a player is regardless of rank. In my opinion the most accurate way to tell how good a player is, is by looking at their stats per game and their solos. Solos prove what they can do by themselves and it shows that they can carry their own weight. Stats per game can tell you if they never go down in a game, do all challenges and get tons of kills. As for the bossy kids that think they own the place, your going to get that wherever you go. As soon as someone acts super egotistic, thats a giant sign not to play with them. I felt like overall level was never a sign of how good you are, but how much you play. Ive met a lot of 10th prestige players in multiplayer that are much worse than some people who have never prestiged. Those people got 10th prestige simply by playing a lot more. Same thing goes for a lot of extinction players. Level is just an indication of how much time you put in.

spartanMook117

Yes you are so right!!! But it feels like double XP doesnt effect me!!

ROXSTARUK

So is this why you see people jump into the lobby and then jump out seconds later?

I've got something like 5 escapes from about 6 proper attempts, a couple relics and 4th prestige yet I've only played Solo or Custom games (which I think are exempt from double XP), I hardly play public for the obvious reasons and can hardly ever get a full team online. Given that I've escaped something like 5 out of 6 proper attempts and and my rank is "earned the old fashioned way" I can't be that bad, good comms, good teamplay, really your method is flawed and you're missing out on some potentially good team-mates.

I think like Jon_the_Chief says, what you really want is a better way to determine skill.

prestiges are based on how much someone plays , not how good they are. although they do usually show similarity. i usually check for escapes or high score run, prestige has never mattered to me it just lets me know that they can do challenges and are familiar with gameplay

ROXSTARUK

I think all the stats are a bit "cloudy" when showing skill/time played.. I think the best thing to do outside of arranging something with like-minded people through forums is jump in, see how people communicate and how the first two hives go with regards to team play and challenges (are they search-greedy etc). Then decide, some people might be pleasantly surprised!

Otherwise if this is the way that most "pro" alien slayers are playing then no wonder public games are as lame as they appear to be. The almost elitist approach of the OP is counter productive to the community -- people like me can't find a good team and lesser experienced players aren't getting good advice.

Pyrocy779

Personally, I don't mind it. I can carry my own either way. I'd rather play with crap people to get more kills and more revives. But then again, that's just me.

SevenThug

Eh. Rank never meant much in my mind anyways.

yeah it's crazy i've seen players at higher lvls that haven't even completed one match. can't really tell if it's because their no good or just keep quitting games.

SevenThug

I would love to see it require certain things/more xp the higher prestiges go though.

PugnaxAlbere

The new max prestige emblem is an alien eggplant.......

phantom139

I believe the icon is the symbol used by the Kraken HP meter, just like Prestige 10 was the icon for the Breeder.

I have nothing against double xp for extinction, in fact, I believe it's great as it brings in a bigger crowd to play with. If you're having issues with players, simply mute them or leave the game and play with your friends instead.