39 Replies Latest reply: May 31, 2014 10:25 AM by AntiGov RSS

What exactly is wrong with Ghost?

SwerveCity

I am considering getting CoD Ghost. The last CoD game I can say I really enjoyed was CoD 4. I have played every other one at least a bit though. I think BO1 was my 2nd fav, but not enough to keep it more than a month.

Looking through the forums, the main problem is see is spawn camping and low ttk, as well as some problems with the dog. Either there are pother issues that I am not finding, or those few issues are just that bad. I would like some detailed responses preferably with evidence backing up claims. It seemed like the more CoD became popular the less I liked it, so maybe just maybe, I would now like Ghost lol.

• Re: What exactly is wrong with Ghost?
          RedNight129

just the fast ttk

Helo-Pilot

For me personally, I believe this is the best COD I have played. Also, this is the COD title in which I have done the best in. It took a while to get there, both liking the game and doing good at it, but now I am a big fan.

Lazarus1961

Gotta say this is my fav so far, slightly slower pace than all the previous ones so a more measured approach reaps rewards, like the maps for their variety and the loadouts are good - I play domination mainly so this game suits me and my play style, for all the manic run and gun players it may not be all they wished for but there is still plenty there for everyone.

As Helo-Pilot said above this is the one I have done the best in when looking at ranking in Dom and KD so for me its a thumbs up!

NiceDrewishGuy

I'll give you the main reasons why people dislike this game:

1) The maps are too big or badly laid out Sure, there are some real gems like Warhawk and Tremor, but the rest are sub par.

2) The killstreaks are very unrewarding. The LOKI, Gyrphon, Vulture, Trinity rocket, Juggernaut and Hind are quite underpowered with some of one even considered useless. e.g, the Vulture. However, the Maniac, Dog and IMS are quite popular.

Those are the main two points and they cause the game to be very boring. However, I still think this game is better than BO2 and MW3.

Izjar11

SwerveCity wrote:

I am considering getting CoD Ghost. The last CoD game I can say I really enjoyed was CoD 4. I have played every other one at least a bit though. I think BO1 was my 2nd fav, but not enough to keep it more than a month.

Looking through the forums, the main problem is see is spawn camping and low ttk, as well as some problems with the dog. Either there are pother issues that I am not finding, or those few issues are just that bad. I would like some detailed responses preferably with evidence backing up claims. It seemed like the more CoD became popular the less I liked it, so maybe just maybe, I would now like Ghost lol.

Many who write here use this platform to simply express their negativity towards the game they love (cant stop) playing. Do not believe the stuff that is written, as much of it is simply misunderstandings from lesser players.

What I would suggest, rent the game first. Play it and feel it out. But realize this: The game is not easy, people will kill you no matter how, and you have no control over what others do.

Your doing the right thing by investigating first, but dont expect to be a COD God from the moment you pop the disc in.

Gerbera

True, most long time CoD players that I've seen are able to enjoy this game because of the balance and variety that there should be and the game going back to players vs. players as opposed to the players vs, streaks mindset that took over. Many of the more trivial negative whining are by those who probably only started playing at MW3 or BO2 (but try to look more credible by saying they played since MW2), or are simply way too pampered/spoiled, so think everything should conform to their views and to hell with everyone else with every single game that comes out and will probably be complaining just as much, if not more the next game as they did with Ghosts like they did with BO2.

IndyOldGuy

IMHO
                      1. The thermal scope is a bit too good, too much zoom, too clear, most of the killcams show a guy staring down a thermal scope, every gun I pick up off the ground has one on it, that alone should tell you something, and Incog does little to counter it..

2. The knife lounge thru bullets is annoying as hell too, but can live with it I suppose
                      3. but mostly, the spawn system is bad.

4. The countless hacks is out of hand

5. And as someone else noted,  no reward for playing the obj

Tweak these things and you might have something lol

Wolke

feel the same way exactly!

claisty

Definitely agree with you on points 3 and 5.  I don't even bother playing Obj modes anymore.

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I haven't noticed the knife lunging being a real problem.  While I do see a lot of thermal scopes in the killcam, I've never felt they were OP.  If they were going to nerf it at all I'd just say take away slightly from the zoom advantage.

Overall I like Ghosts quite a bit and consider it a significant upgrade over BO2, namely the lag and hit detection.  One of the biggest complaints I see in the forum is how fast the TTK is.  I find it quite refreshing as I always felt I had to unload a whole clip into someone in BO2 unless I was playing HC.  The biggest problem for me is finding the time to play outside of work, home life, friends, etc.

Doctorpsylus

Camping isnt a crime they should build better game modes & maps & games like cranked that punish camping (as far as im concerned the console whould effin explode.

Spawns suck

the ACTUAL PEOPLE PLAYING ARE SELFISH KD WHORES WHO HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TEAM MEANS.

over powered rubbish like that bleedin dog

the cheats

the hacks

the inability to do anything about hacks & cheats (report button may as well be removed)

4 companies to run 1 game so 800 people can have C.E.O on thier poxy letterhead

ZERO CUSTOMER SERVICE - ONLY available 24/7 to americans & only on usa time !

the App still - STILL is not available to the 10 most popular used worldwide devices

HELLO BATTLEFIELD 4 SHOULD BE YOUR NEXT MOVE OR WAIT FOR TITANFALL cos this game is awful

add to that STILL cannot add funds to PSN for millions in europe

rankismet

Ghosts is a solid game. I would not buy it on next-gen, however, unless that is your only option. X1 has a very low population due to Titanfall and PS4 seems to have a lot of issues in general related to Ghosts.

My main issues with Ghosts:

• Host selection/match making (nothing new to any COD title).
                              • Spawn deaths.
                              • DLC maps not in the standard playlists.

Nothing wrong with the TTK... you aren't a bullet sponge and that's a good thing. Streaks aren't overwhelming and you can play a variety of playstyles.

xlwolfshirt1

Well, let's see:

-the spawns are terrible

-the maps are poorly designed.  Large maps with the play of small maps, and a mess of pathways and entrances with no flow to them

-lag is worse than older entries.  The lower health makes lag factor in to a larger degree in 1v1 as well

-the engine was outdated 3 years ago

-the points system sucks

-it's 2014 and Activision is still using listen servers

-nothing is earned from headshots

-weapon camo unlocks are annoying (especially point blank because you basically have to be inside your target)

-weapon-specific emblems and challenges have been removed

-prestiging no longer adds challenges, or does anything at all

-challenges have needless time and unlock restrictions

-quickscoping is back

-dogs can kill you without any warning

-the campaign doesn't make any sense

-space/sea battles are retarded

-the cliffhanger ending sucks, primarily because it means we'll be getting more of this crap

-extinction mode only has one level

-enemies can STILL knife you through gunfire

-Acitivision would rather sell you cat camo for your gun than fix any of the glaring technical issues

DemonHunter777

It was a cash grab. Put out the lowest quality game possible to save money knowing that fanboys like me will run out and buy it without any hesitation. Enabling them to line their pockets with even more money.

KurtK24

If they would fix the spawns this would be the best COD to date.  IMO

Am I only notice a social feed bar when you press lb(for xbox) on the main menu

Clan wars, that actually isn't clan wars.

Very few objective modes.

creaper21

The horrible lag

The god awful spawns

The OP panic knifing

The three main things for me.

It's a dog, they hear better. So they can attack someone seconds before they come around a corner to sneak up on you. The dogs aren't that bad. With a semi auto Honey Badger they take 5 rounds in the body or 2 in the head to go down (humans take 2 to the head, also with HB). It's a strike package. It's meant to reward you with assistance. Sometimes my dog doesn't get any kills. Sometimes he gets 3, 4, 5. Just depends on the skill level of the players and the type of map. If there are a lot of tight corners then the dog will get lots of kills.

I can kill the dogs easy, unless they are very close to me.

I owned every cod release, and unlike many of the young children here I too know for a fact COD4 was the best by a mile. Ever since then it has got worse and worse, and cod4 is no longer even recognisable in comparison to this. If you loved cod4 then you will hate ghosts. Terrible game, and the last cod i ever purchase

Izjar11

RaGingAiR wrote:

I owned every cod release, and unlike many of the young children here I too know for a fact COD4 was the best by a mile. Ever since then it has got worse and worse, and cod4 is no longer even recognisable in comparison to this. If you loved cod4 then you will hate ghosts. Terrible game, and the last cod i ever purchase

I played MW and enjoyed for the game it was back then. I play and enjoy Ghost for the game it is now.

They both are very good games.

Carvalho16

Quite a lot really:

- Underpowered or damn right useless Assault Streaks (See Vulture, Satcom, Trinity Rocket). This doesn't take explaining. People like strong streaks. If they didn't like strong streaks then they would play Bare Bones or MLG. Bare Bones was unpopular, thus taken out of the game and MLG is a minority of a minority. Conclusion? The majority of people like streaks and powerful ones at that.

- Badly designed, excessively large, boring maps. There is minimal map flow due to the ludicrous amount of flank routes so people are more inclined to stay still. I certainly don't feel safe moving about much. The DLC maps are actually superior I find and should have been the default releases.

- Horrendous spawns. Okay this was also true in Black Ops II, but the fact you can still get woeful spawns on the largest maps in the game like Stonehaven says it all. I don't remember many bad spawns on Aftermath or Turbine so I don't know what excuse Ghosts has in that regard.

- The segregation of perks has actually caused nerfs to the vast majority of them and a lot of the points values for certain perks are completely broken. Won't go into detail here but let me just use an example: Reflex, a borderline useless perk has the same points value as: Amplify, Dead Silence and Focus, 3 of the most powerful perks in the game. Yeah okay then....

- The Thermal Scope/Tracker Sight era. Started off by Treyarch's ludicrous multi-purpose Target Finder in Black Ops II these sights are back with a vengeance. Cold Blooded which was the counter to either attachment in Black Ops II for a direct 1 point cost now has been severely nerfed and costs 3 points to equip in this game. Attachments no longer cost anything to equip so the swing is 3 points in favour of the seeker attachments; which only serve to slow the game down to time limit crawls and a sluggish paced peek-a-boo feel can take precedence on literally any map outside of Strikezone and Freight. The Thermal Scope got an even further buff, by doubling as a Red Dot Sight with no extra points or slots cost. Clearly not right and you will not go into a game on Stonehaven with at least several people running these no penalty attachments.

- The Nerf of Tacticals, Semtex and Frags. With excessively large maps and useless aerial Assault Streaks it becomes increasingly difficult to flush out static players quickly and efficiently in this game. You would hope your tactical/lethal slot would help you in this regard, but they are borderline useless. Just for me to feel like my tacticals are useful I have to equip Thermobaric x2 with the Danger Close perk and this only seems to benefit me on a small map like Strikezone. So half of my perk points are gone on making my tactical semi useful. 9 bangs, concussions and flashes may as well not exist because there are so many nooks and crannies on certain maps you probably need 8-10 equipped to be actually useful. Frags and Semtexes are irrelevant. Scavenger should re-supply tacticals but for some reason it doesn't. Why? I don't know.

- Doge, leaning, sliding and the game engine. Innovation? What did any of this add to the mulitplayer experience? Well if you have ever been killed by a vortex bullet absorbing Guard Dog or someone leaning around a wall/ in the underground path on Freight then you will understand it only increased the amount of irritating killcam moments. Sliding could have been a cool feature if they let you shoot whilst in that animation but is unfortunately just there as a gimmick. Headglitching caused by the game engine has been lessened but is still rife, particularly on surfaces with a certain gradient e.g. stairs and no developer has yet had the bottle to really reward headshots and make that a feature of gameplay. Making any gun besides a shotgun a maximum 2 hit kill in the head would prevent these leaning/ headglitching chores. I don't see why players are still rewarded for only showing an area of the body in which they would die in 1 shot realistically; but there we are. The dog, again could have been interesting if you could direct it to sniff out rooms e.t.c. but lower its' health to that of a player so it doesn't bullet sponge even the strongest SMGs. As for innovation? Not really a great deal. I would like to see a developer take a risk and tweak the game engine, bring back ping bars from the previous games and properly add the dedicated servers we are still yet to get.

IndyOldGuy

Carvalho16 wrote:

- The Thermal Scope/Tracker Sight era. Started off by Treyarch's ludicrous multi-purpose Target Finder in Black Ops II these sights are back with a vengeance. Cold Blooded which was the counter to either attachment in Black Ops II for a direct 1 point cost now has been severely nerfed and costs 3 points to equip in this game. Attachments no longer cost anything to equip so the swing is 3 points in favour of the seeker attachments; which only serve to slow the game down to time limit crawls and a sluggish paced peek-a-boo feel can take precedence on literally any map outside of Strikezone and Freight. The Thermal Scope got an even further buff, by doubling as a Red Dot Sight with no extra points or slots cost. Clearly not right and you will not go into a game on Stonehaven with at least several people running these no penalty attachments.

-

Exactly right!!

AntiGov

I agree with most of what you said. Love how you broke down the broken perk values and thermal sights. Doubt if anyone here can provide a proper counter argument to those two points.

It's a decent game.  Asking in here is pointless.      Lack of players is the biggest issue on the ps4..  Makes for poor games. Poor matchmaking..