29 Replies Latest reply on Mar 25, 2014 7:07 AM by DelverMagi RSS

You get GUARD DOG.....I get TARD DOG!

Tell me if this sounds familiar. I personally think it has gotten comical, not complaining about it or think anything needs to be done other than laugh.

Everyone else gets an awesome, well trained super dog. It goes off on its own, kills 4 of my team in what seems like one leap. I sight in super dog from across the map with a LMG and proceed to unload 100 rounds, but the dog from The Walking Dead still gets me. In my next spawn I am innocently walking around when the dog from hell detects me from 20 meters away and comes out to nail me, I don't even see its owner cause super dog is so aware and on the ball.

Me on the other hand, I call in TARD dog. Tard dog follows me around and sits there. I think he falls asleep sometimes. I can be taking close range shots at 2 enemies, tard dog doesn't move or growl. Occasionally tard dog will take out an enemy and then die from 1-2 shots from a bb gun. He doesn't have armor, he has a magnet that attracts bullets. His favorite words are "tard dog killed in action".

Anyone else get TARD dog or is it just me?

• Test #1
          Re: You get GUARD DOG.....I get TARD DOG!

All the time. If I'm running it seems to be his only mission to keep up, and he doesnt do that well. Ig I'm prone he stands staring at me or tbagging my head...... And if I'm moving cautiously he always lets the enemy player or dog waltz right by him and kill me ..... then he's like " oh .... that was a bad guy ..... MUST KILL HIM ,  MUST KILL HIM!!!"   .... yeah, he almost always gets the avenge, but he doesnt seem to care about killing anyone till I'm dead.

Last Edited: Mar 16, 2014 3:37 PM
          • Test #1

my friend won't use the dog streak any more because his was the same lol. got him killed in an important search and destroy match.

Last Edited: Mar 16, 2014 3:48 PM
            • Test #1

nothing vs you: You should stop squatting / kneeling / going prone so much while you have the dog.

The dog is most effective on the move -------- I bet he whines allot while your just sitting right?

Last Edited: Mar 16, 2014 4:06 PM
                • Test #1

Like I said ... If I'm on the move, he cant keep up, and it seems the only thing he;'s capable of doing is tracking me.

Now if I die, he normally gets the avenge kill, then on his way to wherever I spawned he might get some. But very seldom gets a kill when he's just following me around.  And I've intentionally taken a detour on many occasions so that an enemy ot his dog will have to go right past him. I've litterally watched enemy dogs go within a couple of feet of him to chase me down and he does nothing.

Last Edited: Mar 16, 2014 4:19 PM
                  • Test #1

The dog may be most effective when moving, but supposedly they are there to guard you while you call in your controlled steaks.  If they aren't helping you get to those streaks, what good are they?

My dogs get less than 1 kill per deployment and when they do, 90% those kill are when they get the guy who just walked up and killed me at close range.  All while the dog sits there staring at me like they were waiting for me to drop a piece of my chicken sandwich.

Last Edited: Mar 17, 2014 8:05 AM
                  • Test #1

I feel your pain. My dogs always seem to die very fast and not do much protecting.

Last Edited: Mar 16, 2014 4:12 PM
                    • Test #1

I think we all get 'tard dog now and again - but on the plus side I get "super" dog almost as often, something to do with connections or what I do not know - but now I have got the patch and all achievents I have put him away in his Kennel and as Izjar11 said my new bestie is the I.M.S.

Last Edited: Mar 16, 2014 8:29 PM
                      • Test #1

Yeah, I've gone with the ims now on a lot of my classes instead of the dog. My only complaint with the ims is that it disappears after a fairly short time.  While the dog doesnt usually do me much good, it does have the potential for unlimited kills and unlimited time.

I reckon for such a low killstreak you cant complain about either.

Last Edited: Mar 16, 2014 11:15 PM
                        • Test #1

Thats y i use support: Ballistic vest, Squadmate and anything u like(4 me oracle)

Last Edited: Mar 17, 2014 2:09 AM
                          • Test #1

My Guard Dog is a jerk he steals my kills and kills the enemy Guard Dogs and there have been a couple matches where I have to run to him because he is trying to every enemy lol.

Last Edited: Mar 17, 2014 11:06 AM
                            • Test #1

lmao great post my m8 will love this,his dog FOLLOWS ME it hates him pmslllllllll

Last Edited: Mar 17, 2014 11:36 AM
                              • Test #1

yes, really nice post, made my day^^ thx for the laugh^^ as it's exactly what i experience and think to myself too very often^^ it's same as one said above, sometimes guard super dog, but sometimes just facepalm^^ but don't know why, somehow like him and never can get angry about him, but just smile :_) already renamed him from riley to rantanplan, as he's always able to suprise you, from zero to hero
                                (but unfortunately the other way round too^^)

Last Edited: Mar 17, 2014 11:53 AM
                                • Test #1

When the dog walks in front of my line of sight when I am ADSing, I would actually encourage Infinity Ward to allow you to shoot and kill the stupid mongrel.

The most irritating thing about the dog is definitely getting killed at close range by an enemy. Your mindset thinks because you have a dog that you can relax a bit more and worry about the enemies further away. That mindset will also get you killed countless times in this game. Yet you will trust the dog every time to guard you because out of the 10 times an enemy flanks, it may save your life once or twice.

Last Edited: Mar 17, 2014 3:18 PM
                                  • Test #1

Also the wolf stance looks like it has a urinary tract issue

Last Edited: Mar 18, 2014 12:16 PM
                                    • Test #1

...I have actually watched my dog in the kill cam, just stand there as an enemy comes around the corner, shoots me, and continues running, all the while my dog stands there, stunned...no revenge kill, then I get the "dog killed in action" message...On the flip side, I have been chased down and killed by a camper's dog, the dog ran down the stairs and killed me, while I was trying to sneak up on said camper...Use the trinity rockets, get the Hind, and then the Helo pilot...or just use the IMS...I do wish they would nerf the dog so that if I'm running incog, so is my dog, that way old Riley-Cujo wouldn't be a glowing neon sign to thermal sites...however, that won't happen so stick with the IMS...

Last Edited: Mar 18, 2014 2:30 PM
                                      • Test #1

I prefer dog to IMS as I don't run incog and also IMS is stationary, can be easily destroyed and only gets you 4 kills yet a dog can keep going until it gets killed. As stated earlier by some of the other posters, moving around is probably best for using the dog, When someone is prone or crouching in a spot, its very easy to shoot them and get their dog with the same magazine. Unless the dog is beside the enemy, it usually doesn't register the revenge kill as most players by now are adept at killing dogs unlike when the game first came out where dogs roamed wild.

What makes no sense is how dogs can survive an IMS yet you can't, how dogs can attack each other with no effect on their health, yet can kill a person with its awesome MW2 commando lunging abilities. I like my tard dog just fine.

Last Edited: Mar 18, 2014 2:43 PM
                                        • Test #1

I got a good chuckle out of this.  I too get the Tard Dog frequently.  However, I did get an awesome dog last night on a game of domination on Seige.  We had the B&C flag and was moving to cap A (since we prefer to have A&B on this map).  I was killed trying to cap and spawned waaaay in the back at the C flag.  My guard dog proceeded to maul four people on his way back to me.  I had to mute myself since I was laughing so hard.

Last Edited: Mar 18, 2014 3:00 PM
                                          • Test #1

I always get a Tard Dog as well.

Somebody else has a Guard Dog which I manage to spot before it kills me, I empty 4 shotgun shells into it and it kills me.

I get a dog, die and before I respawn I hear "your dog is dead".

I want to know how you get a stealth dog? Is it a special kill streak? The amount of times I get killed by dogs that just appear from nowhere is just ridiculous.

Last Edited: Mar 18, 2014 5:24 PM
                                            • Test #1

I've nicked named my Moon-Moon as he lets people come right up to me and knife me =(

Last Edited: Mar 18, 2014 5:31 PM
                                              • Test #1

I remember one time I was one off my Loki, got killed and my dog did nothing for about 5 seconds. THEN he finally killed him, ran back to me and looked at me with that derpy face he does. I couldn't help laugh, though.

Last Edited: Mar 23, 2014 1:39 PM
                                                • Test #1

Thanks for this post.  I thought it was just me.  I got stabbed last week and my dog never killed the guy, just came found me at my spawn.  Been skipping the dog and just using trinity rocket

Last Edited: Mar 24, 2014 10:31 AM
                                                  • Test #1

I've had the instance where my dog runs up on an enemy dog and a serious dogfight ensues.  Better yet is me and the other "owner" then spraying bullets into the fight trying to kill the other guys dog not even thinking about shooting at each other.  I kinda feel like the tard in that scenario!

Last Edited: Mar 24, 2014 10:48 AM
                                                    • Test #1

I feel the same way.  As many times as I get munched by other peoples dogs, I certainly don't get that level of behavior from mine.  I am lucky sometimes if I even get a single martyr dog kill.

But on occasion, when I get a really good dog, I enjoy it to the fullest.

The other day in Octane, I had an opponent drop behind a barrier and I went forward to pop him one, and my valiant dog jumped right over on took them out.  I had a huge smile on my face as I backed away and went towards a different place on the map.  I even said "Good dog!" out loud.

Two games later, the dog and I were coming up the hill from the B flag on Prison Break and I shot an opponent, only to die to one of the three others following.  My dog killed all three, and jumped off the ledge to meet my over behind the back trail to the guard tower and killed another on the road.

I like the dog on those days.

Last Edited: Mar 25, 2014 7:07 AM