1 2 3 Previous Next 98 Replies Latest reply: Apr 10, 2014 7:33 PM by nuttin2say RSS

Got scammed by Activision and Sony

Pr1Vat3kill3r

Ok guys this is very serious because I am sure there are many players out there in the same situation. I purchased the ghosts dlc  the first week it  was available on my PS3. It was clear on activison site at support section that if you buy the dlc on ps3 or ps4 it is transferable between the two consoles at no extra cost! This should happen even if you didnt have a season pass. This is very important to note. When I tried to download it on my PS4, it asked my to pay again. Since then, I have contacted activision live support, activision fb page and sony support to find a solution to my problem. The answer always was the same. "we are working on it, it will be fixed soon. None of them ever answered that there was a  mistake, the content is not transferable. Today I got an email from sony customer support:

Dear customer,

Here is the answer:

"This DLC, while available on both platforms, is not cross-buy content. If the customer wishes to own it on both consoles they will be required to purchase it for both consoles. "

Do you guys realize what is happened? they got money, and now they pretend nothing happened. I would not be so angry if activision did something to correct things. But if you visit the same page that stated that the content is transferable, it is now replaced by this:

Activision Support

Is this what they meant "it will be fixed soon|? I am waiting for a serious response from ativision and an action to show respect to customers. To customers that support that game for so many gears and this is what we get for a thank you.

What do you think people? Should we let them get away with this?

• 1. Re: Got scammed by Activision and Sony
          ctfw529

for playstation owners, yeah, we got screwed. it *is* transferable, but only upwards, if you bought it on the ps3, it'll transfer to the ps4, but not the other way around, *and* that's only if you bought the season pass. individual buyers can't transfer anything.

i can't believe there aren't more talking about this. FalconR6 made a great post yesterday about it, but barely anyone responded to it. - Season Pass and Individual Map pack transfer changes.....Please clarify Atvi

i've got a conversation going with acti support on twitter, waiting on a response from them about it.

• 2. Re: Got scammed by Activision and Sony
            Izjar11

I transferred mine from the 3 to the 4 without an issue.

• 3. Re: Got scammed by Activision and Sony
              ctfw529

Izjar11 wrote:

if you bought the season pass, you can transfer "upwards", but not backwards. if you do not have the season pass, just individual map packs, they are not transferable at all.

check the link in my above post. it's a link to a thread created yesterday that shows the support page before and after they changed it.

• 4. Re: Got scammed by Activision and Sony
                Psykotic187

I have been waiting 4 months for my pre-order 'Simon Riley' Classic Ghost Mask. (not the season pass Ghost Mask).

I pre-ordered Ghosts Hardened Edition on the PS4 and the 'Simon Riley' code was accepted but it is not possible to download it to the PS4, only a PS3.  I have never owned or played the PS3 version.

Activision and Infinity Ward will not reply.

I think they rushed the game out for the money but it was not ready for release.  After 4 months you would expect the game to be working properly by now. 

It is a shame because I actually think it is a good game and I really like it but it still has a lot of technical problems.

• 5. Re: Got scammed by Activision and Sony
                  Izjar11

ctfw529 wrote:

Izjar11 wrote:

if you bought the season pass, you can transfer "upwards", but not backwards. if you do not have the season pass, just individual map packs, they are not transferable at all.

check the link in my above post. it's a link to a thread created yesterday that shows the support page before and after they changed it.

that bites, hopefully you guys get an answer (dont hold your breath).

• 6. Re: Got scammed by Activision and Sony
                    Shortcake2008

I have ps3 and ps4, I have the season pass and I did upgrade ghosts before March 2014 to ps4. All my data is on both consoles for no extra cost

• 7. Re: Got scammed by Activision and Sony
                      Shortcake2008

Tweet them and see how that goes, I tend to get a fast response on there and they do tend to be helpful when they reply, its getting your message noticed in the first place, that is the problem, they have so many messages to get through per day and now with the all the bans, I can only assume that they'll be trying to work they're way through them at the moment.

I like to start my Tweet with "Is there anyone helpful on today", they like to be helpful and it does grab some attention but as that's what you want, try that. I do also always thank them for trying to resolve issues / or having resolved a recent issue (Many forget that manners go a long way), some just go on with their gaming and don't bother to thank them for fixing a problem they had, not saying your one of those people but its always nice to receive thanks for a job well done.

• 8. Re: Got scammed by Activision and Sony
                        Shortcake2008

Sorry for the typo's LOL, my brain is clearly else where today.

• 9. Re: Got scammed by Activision and Sony
                          ctfw529

Izjar11 wrote:

that bites, hopefully you guys get an answer (dont hold your breath).

honestly, i have the season pass and i have everything i paid for on the ps4. i still have my ps3, but since i bought the season pass on the ps4, i can't use it on the ps3 now and i still have friends/clan mates that don't yet have a ps4 so i still play it on occasion on the ps3. so i'm not totally screwed.

i'm just upset with the change *and* the lack of responses on "how & why" it changed, and the, honestly, lack of respect of us, from them over this. i guess they think/thought no one was going to notice and honestly i'm surprised by the lack of interest in this change. it sets a very bad precedent in todays age of gaming where it *seems* like it's a "get it out the door, *maybe* fix it later" type of situation.

i do have an ongoing conversation on twitter with acti support about it.

1 2 3 Previous Next