20 Replies Latest reply: Mar 25, 2014 10:49 AM by Gypsy816 RSS

Ante Up - Rewards Points Increase for Ask and Answer Questions Week

Gypsy816

Welcome to the first ever Activision Rewards Ask and Answer Questions Week! Starting today, March 18, to Tuesday, March 25 earn DOUBLE Rewards Points for asking and answering Support Questions in the Forums. We're even doubling the Bonus Rewards Points for Leveling Up certain Badges upon completion!

All you have to do is visit the Support Forums, ask Support related questions, or, pick questions from your fellow community members and answer them! You can find the most recent questions at the top of the Support Forums under “Recent Questions”, or use the QuestionBank to answer commonly asked questions from the community!

Capture.JPG

Earn double Rewards Points for asking and answering questions towards Rewards Badges such as:

• Don’t Be Shy
      • Seal of Approval
      • Thankful
      • Fountain of Knowledge
      • Insightful
      • Right On
      • Stay Classy

GamificationIcons-01cs5_DontBeShy_1_75x75.pngGamificationIcons-01cs5_SealofApproval_1_75x75.pngGamificationIcons-01cs5_Thankful_1_75x75.pngGamificationIcons-01cs5_FountainofKnowledge_1_75x75.pngGamificationIcons-01cs5_Insightful_1_75x75.pngGamificationIcons-01cs5_RightOn_1_75x75.png

You’ll also earn double Bonus Rewards Points when you Level Up the following Badges to Level 2 or higher:

• Don’t Be Shy
      • Seal of Approval
      • Fountain of Knowledge
      • Right On

GamificationIcons-01cs5_DontBeShy_5_75x75.pngGamificationIcons-01cs5_SealofApproval_5_75x75.pngGamificationIcons-01cs5_FountainofKnowledge_5_75x75.pngGamificationIcons-01cs5_RightOn_5_75x75.png

As a bonus, 5 randomly selected community members from the top of the Rewards Leaderboards “This Week” section will receive the rare Kudos Badge!

d20140130-001_CS_Forum_Badges_KUDOS.jpg

So what are you waiting for?! Jump in and start earning those Badges.

• Re: Ante Up - Rewards Points Increase for Ask and Answer Questions Week
          OUHATEME

And if we already maxed out those badges ? Like be a superhero is now worth 4000 points . do those of us that have previously maxed them get to watch others leapfrog us?

maccabi

awesome more spam in the support forums cos we didn't have enough this weekend not that anyone in CS would've noticed as they all buggered off the forums .

here's an idea how about instead of expecting us to do supports job for them  .. how about they get the heads out of somewhere and actually do what they are PAID to do?

Sorry but this really annoys me after the debacle and fail of this weekend the first thing you do is come onto the forums and throw another reward program idea at us? Why the heck should we do Cs's job for them when CS cant even be bothered to? .

As for the rewards program , every time you add another "incentive" you diminish what some of us have already worked for (which was mostly to get back the ranks you took from us in the first place when you introduced this thing ) . This entire rewards program is a complete waste of time, your inability to see or want to work past the support forums for it makes it pointless. Anytime we point out a flaw or raise a valid complaint you just shoot down our feedback and say basically this is how it is. We worked for badges, then tell people they can get them for free, we worked to get points back, to get our ranks back, now you add this.Nope nope nope nope

True story - These forums were a heck of a lot better before CS started interfering in everything, you're trying to turn our GAMING forums and community into a glorified bad cheap looking copy of the XBL ambassador program. Thing is that I don't think anyone in the mothership considered when ths idea got greenlighted was... We CAN'T answer support questions as we are as clueless as the people who asking the the questions in the first place are. And sorry to state the obvious here but ,after this weekend we aren't exactly enthralled by the way our community was treated.

The majority of us didn't login into the forums to do CS's job for them we came on here to discuss the game , something that each week gets harder and harder to do as the forums are fubared and people are leaving the site for better managed and run community forums .,

gambit1969

Mac you forgot to mention the occaisions when we do try and give people advise only to be given abuse and shouted down because what we said differs from what somebody posted on youtube and such.

I teh Troll of Dragons do agree with what was said here.

Now these forums are more a game than a place to discuss problems and get helpful advice. These forums are more about what badge you have, how many points you have, what level you are.

Which makes these forums more of a joke and a farce compared to the older way that it used to be done where such things were less important. Reputation systems of and by them self ruin forums because of how people respond to them and abuse them to gain high status thinking it makes them better than other individuals on the forums.

The star system was far better since it just ranked how long a person has been a member. This current system is a joke for it is easily abused and with these special badges proves who is willing to abuse it the most to get the badge.

These rare badges should be seen more as an insult to have one than as a mark as being a good forum member.

FalconR6

Macs response sounds harsh, but there is a good reason. Since the start of the forum point system a lot of us regulars have given our input into its direction, and it has been largely ignored.

• We have pushed for general forum activities to be rewarded to balance out Support related points ; alas the direct opposite of that has happened and we have double points encouraging Support activity.
                  • If a Kudos badge can be implemented - one which is handed out by the powers that be, then a lot of the suggestions in Re: Website Badge Suggestions can be implemented.
                  • We asked for CS to be buffed - instead they have been nerfed and disconcertingly unsighted for the past week. This is a terrible look for the Support section. And, it couldn't have come at a worse time given the "banning" debacle over the weekend. CS has left the building and 'we' have been left to fend for ourselves. Customers are being treated as gamification toys. To save me prattling on, I gave my constructive feedback in "Support Forum Updates".
                  • The forum point system is great for involvement. However, this past weekend highlighted the areas actually needing attention for the forum to grow. In one word "COMMUNICATION" within the forum, linking within the cod community. The forum required our community managers to get involved and smooth the waters due to the false bannings,, alas at the moment the forum is not getting this support - which is hindering its growth. Using twitter as the hub of IW communication is laughable when we have a forum.
                  • We would like simple things fixed --> "More" button to work correctly,, "last reply" button for threads in the menus, Black text on dark grey background in the headers changed back to white.
                  • Lastly, I'm hoping that "random" Kudos actually means "deserved" Kudos. 
                      Gypsy816

We're actually working on implementing some of the Badges from that thread, FYI.

As for the forum bugs like the black on black text, they are being looked into currently.

maccabi

Gypsy816 wrote:

We're actually working on implementing some of the Badges from that thread, FYI.

As for the forum bugs like the black on black text, they are being looked into currently.

Whoever removed the extra heading in the answer bank ..it looks much better ,

it's still not correctly named though its a question bank , answer bank implies its full of answers .If we must have the utterly pointless recent questions module can someone please move the recent content module above it (takes 20 secs its just a simple drag and drop) . As its annoying having to scroll past two additional modules just to find the most recent post as people don't always post their issue as a question.

As for the black and black text its not a bug,  its a simple 1 min go into the admin panel and change the font color , as are most of the issues with the forums that no one ever fixes.

Gypsy816

I'll ask the team to look into changing the font.

I removed the extra section in the QuestionBank because the spacing was driving me nuts, haha. I'm a little confused on the QuestionBank comment, though. When you click one of the boxes, it takes you to all the unanswered questions about that topic.

maccabi

Gypsy816 wrote:

I removed the extra section in the QuestionBank because the spacing was driving me nuts, haha. I'm a little confused on the QuestionBank comment, though. When you click one of the boxes, it takes you to all the unanswered questions about that topic.

That's my point an answer bank implies its full of answers its not its full of questions, For it to be an answer bank you would need it to show a list of answered (or answered correctly posts).

Atm all you have is basically someone comes to the forum looking for an answer about a clan app issue. they click the clans answer bank and the name implies its full of answers and  find a post that is about their issue..click it and discover its not a solution but an unanswered question. Its the opposite of what they were expecting.

What makes a good support/ Cs service is speed in getting an answer or an issue fixed, its like most things with this games CS its just more pointless hops that lead to frustration for the end user.

i get why we have it as I assume you guys figured it would help people answering questions, but a support forum should be tailored to the person needing support not the people giving it.

when you wander over to the webteam to ask them about the font change, remind them they still haven't fixed the more button its getting ridiculous now its been months .

forum usability is vital.

Gypsy816

maccabi wrote:

Gypsy816 wrote:

That's my point an answer bank implies its full of answers its not its full of questions, For it to be an answer bank you would need it to show a list of answered (or answered correctly posts).

Atm all you have is basically someone comes to the forum looking for an answer about a clan app issue. they click the clans answer bank and the name implies its full of answers and  find a post that is about their issue..click it and discover its not a solution but an unanswered question. Its the opposite of what they were expecting.

What makes a good support/ Cs service is speed in getting an answer or an issue fixed, its like most things with this games CS its just more pointless hops that lead to frustration for the end user.

i get why we have it as I assume you guys figured it would help people answering questions, but a support forum should be tailored to the person needing support not the people giving it.

when you wander over to the webteam to ask them about the font change, remind them they still haven't fixed the more button its getting ridiculous now its been months .

forum usability is vital.

Right, that's why it's called the "QuestionBank" not "AnswerBank". It's there for people who might be knowledgeable about certain popular questions like DLC, Connection, etc to hop in and answer. It's easy pickings for Rewards points hunters.

There are certain things CS will come in and answer immediately but everything else goes through the connection tool where it'll sit until answered by the community or shuffled into the connection tool to be answered by CS after 48-72 hours. This was implemented to address the feedback that ATVI was popping in and answering questions before the community had a chance to.

FalconR6

Gypsy816 wrote:

There are certain things CS will come in and answer immediately but everything else goes through the connection tool where it'll sit until answered by the community or shuffled into the connection tool to be answered by CS after 48-72 hours.

This is where I have a huge problem. By implementing this gamification has become more important than customer service, this should never be the case. For starters, customers who post in the Support Section actually want to be addressed by CS - and not have to wait 48-72 hours. Us forumers should be helping CS, not being first port of call.

CS needs to be buffed, not nerfed. The CS's need to be better troubleshooters when it comes to various platforms, gurus are required. CS needs to address and fix issues more quickly, rather than giving copy/paste answers that are shown not to fix problems. CS needs to be given the tools to do this --> batphones to console manufacturers and game developers so that issues can be properly fixed.

Note: I popped my head in to BO2 support section. A poor guy had asked multiple times for help this past week. He can't find games online. Alarm bells for me when I see he had strict/moderate NAT. Easy enough to fix. But, with CS being in the shadows no one was helping. We do get a bit "Ghosts-centric" here, but lets all realize that it is all of ATVI support forums that is affected.

This was implemented to address the feedback that ATVI was popping in and answering questions before the community had a chance to.

The feedback I was hearing was this:

• The CS team was locking threads too quickly, meaning that customers had no chance of reply, follow up question, or even a thank-you.  Since that feedback the CS team started to use this strategy, and it was an improvement.
                                          • The CS team was overlooking correct answers and helpfuls given by forum members. Again, this was being improved and CS was being more generous in awarding points. Nevertheless improvements can be made by having all CS aware of the point system. (Please read my post in "Support Forum Update" for details)
                                          • No where did I see feedback saying - "its not fair, CS are answering questions before I have the opportunity".  To be brutally honest here: if CS are answering questions too quickly for some members liking - Excellent!!, that means CS is doing a good, efficient job

Let me add a flaw in the current system. I know that there are many questions that I have answered correctly, and obviously, other forum members have answered correctly. But, the questions have not been "marked". The 'why' is simple....because folk who come to the forum to ask a question have no idea about the forum point system, no idea how to mark, and quite frankly should have no expectations on them that they should do so. Regular forum members know what's going on, that's cool.  Thus: a role of CS should act as cleaner to award correct answers and helpfuls --> just make sure that the thread is "complete" and the customer has benn satisfied.

I

maccabi

Reward program.

1) Change the name of the rewards program to something more in keeping with cod , ,Change the name of all the missions to something more Call of Duty themed (im sure the community can hive mind good names)  - having cod themed icons would help as well (so it doesn't look like you are just using the stock module icons )

2) Add the community suggestions for missions and make the rewards program something that encompasses the entire forum and all aspects therein.

3) To keep the support centric aspect you want , add more levels to the support missions that deal solely with giving correct /helpful answers (remove the ask a question one) .

4) Add a new user group for people who reach a certain level of mission in suggestion 3 (or at your discretion )  with a shiny new icon that shows they are trusted community members there to offer help maybe something like codhq NCO's ( obviously with no rights that a normal user would have)

5) Offer a  monthly reward for top scores in different mission categories the gamification module has built in leaderboards and can be tailored for each forum ( add a leaderboard on the right hand side of the forum)  , monthly reward doesn't have to be any thing major something like a couple of micro dlc codes would do  which is easy to sort that way the program ties into the game more.  Promote the crap out the thing on all the cod social media accounts.

6) Don't run any special incentives that can change the leaderboards or ability to earn badges fairly (things like making faqs/tips articles should be a separate reward)

That fixes everything wrong with the current program and everyone gets what they wanted out of it. You're welcome

Overhaul CS articles and CS

They all contain major errors, and most times do not adequately cover a topic .Make a blog post listing urls of all of them and call THAT the answer bank. Community can use that as a one stop place to either link people with issues or to get answers. (you will cut down on the work CS then needs to do).

Not intentionally over stepping the scope here but small observation.Stop making CS answer tweets and posts with the same stock copy and pasted answers its impersonal and annoys people. Especially as they link to the articles mentioned above, if this weekend has shown anything its CS and linking articles is not a good combination.

Let them express their actual personalities a bit and make CS once again a more friendly experience for end users.

Forums

Go over to the web team with a list of things they need to fix do not leave until someone actually does it. Nothing we have repeatedly asked for needs anything more than someone spending an hour odd in the admin panel . While you there ask them if any of them actually like having to work on jive

Gypsy816

maccabi wrote:

Reward program.

1) Change the name of the rewards program to something more in keeping with cod , ,Change the name of all the missions to something more Call of Duty themed (im sure the community can hive mind good names)  - having cod themed icons would help as well (so it doesn't look like you are just using the stock module icons )

2) Add the community suggestions for missions and make the rewards program something that encompasses the entire forum and all aspects therein.

3) To keep the support centric aspect you want , add more levels to the support missions that deal solely with giving correct /helpful answers (remove the ask a question one) .

4) Add a new user group for people who reach a certain level of mission in suggestion 3 (or at your discretion )  with a shiny new icon that shows they are trusted community members there to offer help maybe something like codhq NCO's ( obviously with no rights that a normal user would have)

5) Offer a  monthly reward for top scores in different mission categories the gamification module has built in leaderboards and can be tailored for each forum ( add a leaderboard on the right hand side of the forum)  , monthly reward doesn't have to be any thing major something like a couple of micro dlc codes would do  which is easy to sort that way the program ties into the game more.  Promote the crap out the thing on all the cod social media accounts.

6) Don't run any special incentives that can change the leaderboards or ability to earn badges fairly (things like making faqs/tips articles should be a separate reward)

That fixes everything wrong with the current program and everyone gets what they wanted out of it. You're welcome

They all contain major errors, and most times do not adequately cover a topic .Make a blog post listing urls of all of them and call THAT the answer bank. Community can use that as a one stop place to either link people with issues or to get answers. (you will cut down on the work CS then needs to do).

Not intentionally over stepping the scope here but small observation.Stop making CS answer tweets and posts with the same stock copy and pasted answers its impersonal and annoys people. Especially as they link to the articles mentioned above, if this weekend has shown anything its CS and linking articles is not a good combination.

Let them express their actual personalities a bit and make CS once again a more friendly experience for end users.

Forums

Go over to the web team with a list of things they need to fix do not leave until someone actually does it. Nothing we have repeatedly asked for needs anything more than someone spending an hour odd in the admin panel . While you there ask them if any of them actually like having to work on jive

1. We're keeping it "brand agnostic" in case there are future opportunities for it to expand beyond CoD.

2. We're working on this currently with creative services and legal!

3. As I mentioned before in other threads, we're working on adjusting the level system and increasing it to make the highest level match CoD Ghosts. The Store will also come back with better prizes and we'll have Milestone items to match.

4. Something similar to this is in the works, too! More details as soon as we can share.

5. Yep, got something in the works too that we can hopefully share soon.

gotsomestars

While you are chatting with the web team could you please please ask them to fix the mobile version. Having to login every time you switch threads is VERY irritating. There are many times that I just decide to not help/post because I don't have time to go through the login loop for the 150th time.

maccabi

Gypsy816 wrote:

maccabi wrote:

Reward program.

Forums

1. We're keeping it "brand agnostic" in case there are future opportunities for it to expand beyond CoD.

You know I got to be honest this is sounding more like a test run for a larger project , and i would hazard a guess someone in the mothership realized in the coming months there is going to be a massive increase in players as atvi's new golden goose hits beta and launch. Which in turn will increase the amount of work CS will have to do.

It does crack me up though given the amount of people around the world who work for ATVI who have community and manager somewhere in their title, not one of them is actually tasked with actually working with or trying to build the CoD community back into "a thing".

These forums a classic example what used to be THE central hub for all things cod and community is now basically "50k people used to live here now its a ghost town"

See this is the flaw in your rewards program it only works if you have a community to support it.

Gypsy816

Please keep feedback on the Rewards program in the appropriate places. This thread is a good spot to post those comments: http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200837693