25 Replies Latest reply: Mar 26, 2014 7:46 AM by Blee103093 RSS

People with over 1500+ hours experience on Call of Duty.

Hello.

I am looking for people to send me there progress on call of duty, if you have 1500+ hours on call of duty.

I will be doing what is the difrence beetween an experienced player and a player that is not so experinced.

It would be nice if you guy's would help me with what I am doing for research.

Best Regards,

- IVIelanson (XBL)

* not just on call of duty ghosts, other cod titles before that *

Message was edited by: splat187

• Re: People with over 1500+ hours experience on Call of Duty.

also send me your average online kill to death ratio

FaclonPower98

It's kind of hard to know when elite wasn't around/ and now that it is not around. I know on MW3 I put around 275 hours into it and black ops 2 around 180 hours but I don't know on ghosts as it wasn't supported on elite when it came out I think and it's no longer available. But I don't know how much hours I put into the cods before MW3 like black ops 1, mw2, waw, mw1, even played a tiny bit on cod 3 and the psp and psvita spin off titles. Heck I even got WAW for the DS to try out the experience! I had spare money and I thought ah what da heck, i wanna see what its like.

cheetoh

Ghosts Total Possible Playable Hours (360):

Nov 5 2013 to March 18 2014 = 19 weeks or 133 days x 24 hrs/day = 3192 playable hours.

So, you're looking for players who've basically averaged @12 hours EVERY DAY since Nov. 5th, 2013 to present. Good luck.

Demographics: No girlfriend, no job, & no life.

Noob_Lyncher

Been playing since CoD4. I used to play for at least 4-5 hours every day until Black Ops 2, when I started to not care much about CoD anymore. I got to 3rd prestige in Ghosts before I traded it in.

Diosesdebil

Now I grasp the concept of 1500+ on the franchise, I truly feel every single cod has gotten better over time. I love old maps from prior cods having images printed in my brain from fond memories and I love new maps from the current cod.. The games been getting more and more advanced every year. I love not having to unlock guns or equipment by levels.. Its the future thats going to be awesome... I used to be a FFA player in the early days, moved to TDM and KC when they added it. after I max prestige I go SnD getting ready to try SnR.. I do love HC and this cod's core isnt that bad coming from a HC player. I also do snipe.. Im a totally a incognito player so when BO2 rolled around saying Spy Planes will capture people not moving I really had to switch up my play style a bit but as soon as ghost came out it was such a relief. any questions you have ill give you my input for your study.. Most memorable COD moment?.. Has to be going 20 Prestige in MW3

Blee103093

I agree. I think that every CoD has gotten better, at least until Ghosts. And the sad part is, if Ghosts would have just stuck to the normal formula, it probably would have sold just as well as past games. Because like it or not, there's something about 3-lane maps, quick killing guns, and insane killstreaks that keep us coming back. Sure Ghosts is a bit more balanced, focusing more on gunplay, but the factors that have made the last few CoDs great just aren't in this game. They tried to please everybody and things just got way out of hand.

As for my most memorable CoD moment.. Well I have a few. My first nuke on MW2, with my best friend covering me with a sniper while I had my chopper gunner out. Or the first flawless game I got on BO1; I went 30-0 on a FFA with the famas. Or maybe the late, LATE night games I spent on WaW with my best friend. Or the first time I got a swarm in BO2... I've had a lot of good memories in this game. I've made a lot of online friends, and it's brought me and my real life friends closer together. Who would've thought a video game could literally complete someone's life.

FaclonPower98

People kept complaining about the normal formula of COD..that's why Infinity ward tried to change it up. It's the community's fault, they said they wanted change having battlefield in mind, thinking bigger maps would be like battlefields but what they didn't realize is battlefield is not the same as COD.

cheetoh

MW & MW2 are excellent. MW3 sucked and Ghosts is mediocre because all of the best & original Infinity Ward guys left after MW2. Treyarch's Blk Ops sucked balls. Blk Ops2 is great, love it.

FaclonPower98

MW3 was like MW2 so shouldn't MW3 be excellent too if MW2 was? lol. Seriously though MW3 was a VERY fun game. There were 2 modes in particular that I loved to death. Infected and All or Nothing, very unique and addictive to play. Face off was also a good mode as you no longer had to play a private match for a 1v1 or other small matches. MW3 had also very good guns and had some really good maps like Mission, Dome, SeaTown, Arkaden, Erosion, Oasis etc. The last campaign mission in MW3 was awesome, running around in juggernauts, fighting your way and progressing through the level, the way price killed makarov.

I personally want the rumours to be true and a modern warfare 4 to be released this year.

As for Ghosts, I really liked the campaign, the diversity between the levels ranging from the normal gun fight to playing as Riley, battling underwater (not just swimming like usual, gun fighting in water), in tanks (for the first time in a COD campaign), in space (also for the first time), and on that moving train for the last mission. I love the involvement Riley had in the campaign, it was like he was one of the team mates in the first half of the campaign and then reappeared towards the end. It was also very unique how the campaign ended on a cliffhanger, gives you a sense of pride and accomplishment with beautiful visuals before taking it all away although infinity ward kinda gave away their next COD game ALREADY. But you know the new infinity ward is separating themselves from the orginial infinity ward by making their own COD series. According to an article I read though I think 12 employees stayed. Multiplayer is very balanced, a mix of large, medium and small maps, a new create a soldier system which is unique and no more having to be a certain level to have a certain gun. Has a lot of new modes, more than BO2 had and squads and extinction are really hectic and fun.

As for treyarch, I think the opposite I thought black ops was an amazing game, most of the multiplayer maps were great, zombies was awesome, especially kino der toten and some of the zombies dlc maps and the campaign was also really good.

As for black ops 2, I didn't like tranzit, some of the campaign levels weren't really that great except for a few that stood out like the menendez mission where all he can shot is 'ROSAFINA!' and the mission where they tricked frank woods and the last mission but the rest weren't that great. Multiplayer was way too laggy along with zombies which is not good when on a high round, shotguns and smg's were way overpowered. But I did LOVE mob of the dead and buried, amazing maps those 2.

Blee103093

Theoretically MW3 should have been exactly as good or better than MW2.. But it wasn't. There was just something about that game that turned off a lot of people. Maybe it was because in MW2, everything was massively OP, creating a semi-equal playing field. MW3 was better balanced, but had the ACR and MP7, which greatly outclassed every other weapon. MW3 really did have pretty much everything MW2 did; Noobtubes, fast shooting snipers, pretty much the same perks.. I'll probably get ripped for this, but one word that comes to mind is lag comp. IW games feel drastically different than 3arc games. In MW2, at least for me, people died when I shot at it. Ghosts feels similar, yet a little different. In 3arc games, It seems like the game is behind by just a fraction of a second, but to me it just makes it a little more bearable because I can get away from unwinnable gunfights. Now for Ghosts, it seems like they went back to whatever system they were using for MW2, but combined that with whatever they used for MW3 (if it actually was something different). Now it feels like the game runs a lot smoother, without any hiccups or lag. But it seems like in certain situations, you don't feel like you're behind until you actually get in a gunfight. I'd rather have this system though, less wtf deaths for me.

FaclonPower98

I wouldn't say MW3 turned off alot of people considering it managed to obtain more pre-orders than Black ops 1 the previous year as the trend goes up until ghosts. The same can be said for Black ops 2 due to the fact the PDW could outclass every other weapon both at short and long range. During my time playing MW3 I found I could outclass the likes of a ACR and MP7 when using certain guns like the AK47 or Scar L although at close range they're no match for the MP7. For me I have had very few lag in Ghosts, much less than in black ops 2, but there are a few hiccups and i've also noticed host migration also occurs less frequently than it used to in MW3 and BO2. Black Ops 2 just gave me a ton of wtf moments, because I would shoot at them first yet it would lag and I would die. The lag made my winnable gunfights unwinnable which as you can imagine was really frustrating.

Blee103093

Good points. I think that with there being 4 consoles, not including PC, Ghosts managed to not get nearly as many preorders and BO2 or MW3. Because if you really think about it, there are sometimes close to 100k on PS4. Close to 50k on Xbone. Not sure about 360, but from what I hear about 150-200000k. And around the same numbers on ps3. So if you were to combine the consoles (into there respective family of course), you'd probably get close to the same numbers we've always seen.

I hate MW3 though. It was very unplayable most of the time for me. The ACR and MP7 could be outclassed depending on what you used (SCAR-H was my go to gun), but there's no doubt that they were the most used guns for a reason. They were basically laser-beams with a high rate of fire and infinite range. Like I said, my go to gun was the SCAR-H. I certainly showed them a thing or two. BO2 was my favorite game though. I got a lot of wtf moments, but I really had a lot of fun with that game. I was prestige master by the end of December, and I've never done that before. Sadly, Ghosts just isn't the game for me. I think if the majority of the maps would've been like Sovereign, Strikezone, and Freight, and they would've made better assault streaks, the game would've played better for me. Don't get me wrong, I love a lot of the maps like Overlord. But I think they tried to cater to too many people this year and it didn't work out. They should've stuck with what's gotten them by. You think releasing on 4 consoles this year, they would've just stuck to what they were amazing at.

Blee103093

Bigger maps aren't a bad thing at all. It's how you design them. The biggest maps aren't even a fourth of what BF maps are, yet they feel like they're double the size and are very, VERY boring. Maps like Sovereign, Warhawk, Overlord, Freight.. Those are pretty big maps, but they play so well because machinery, debris, buildings, and other objects are placed very well around the map. And then you have a map like Free Fall.. I'm pretty sure we can all agree that it is the worst map in CoD history, worse than NT2025. It's a small map, exactly what a lot of player like, right? But there is sh*t everywhere.. For the amount of debris that's on that map, you'd think you'd be able to mantle a lot of them or take cover behind them.. But nope. They're just objects that are meant for you to get stuck on.

FaclonPower98

I don't think it's the way the maps are designed but the players on the map. The big maps are suited to 9vs9. If you have a next gen console and play ground war you can see how much the big maps are much more fast paced and filled up with 18 players on the map opposed to just 12. Maps like Warhawk and Freight are not that hard to constantly get into gun fights, i would class them as middle sized maps because of this but that's just me. Free fall isn't the best map but there have been many rubbish maps in the past, like Downturn, another map with rubble everywhere, same with Interchange on MW3, but unlike downturn was very well placed. On black ops 1 I didn't like Hanoi or Cracked, bo2 didn't like Drone. Nuketown is a small fast paced map that's got lots of bright colours which everybody loves but has horrendous spawning all over the place, it's also terrific how a whole team can get spawn trapped in the back of the map and just never spawn anywhere else until they fight off the other team.

codchamp

LOL with my calculation i have 3,456 hours played. Yes no life

doubleuneck17p

i consider myself an experienced player, had about 30 days played on MW2 alone, i skipped WAW. every title since i would say im around 10-15 days played, the big difference in experienced players and others is the knowledge of the maps. i dont have the fastest reaction or best accuracy(even though both are good). but where i can make up ground is by knowing how to position myself to have some cover(or head glitch) and staying away from kill zones like the center of maps with no cover.

K/D definitely depends on what play list you play.. when playing tdm on MW2,MW3 and ghost i can consistently pull off 3.0 or higher, but on all of those games i like objective too and play for the objective(run around fast without caring about dying. this usually brings the kd down to about 2.0 in the overall game

black ops i wasnt a fan of, the weapons were not equal and any good player pretty much stuck to the famas. i still had about a 2.3 or so kd in tdm, and about 1.8 overall.. BO2 was much better for treyarc, i found some good balance between all the gun classes. the games seemed faster paced as well, kd was high 2s, but i didnt really find myself playing objective games much in BO2

right now in Ghost i am pretty much strictly playing SND and TDM, when clan wars come up i play other stuff like cranked and blitz.

bendotcom

No idea how much time I have spent on CoD, but have been playing since CoD 2 and I'm pretty sure I past the 1500 hour mark a good few CoD's ago.

What's the difference between an experienced player and an un-experienced player? The other day I read a post with some guy saying CoD is just point and shoot and there is no difficulty to that. He is completely correct in that CoD is just point and shoot, but behind this lies a level of complexity that the average player doesn't really understand and I don't mean any of this in an offensive way to anybody. Back when I started playing CoD I felt the same as how most average players feel, the times I was getting Quickscoped in MW2 where i would rage and think it was only possible if the person was using an Aimbot/modded pad. And I remember thinking back in WAW that I wanted to learn how to use snipers rifles in any situation because I thought it would be cool and I love the weapons. But as the hours of gameplay fly by you start to realise that there is a lot more to being able to win a game than just pointing and shooting, there are tactics and reactions among others.

Take a look at some of the equipment/perks that have been in CoD's: IED's, Claymores, C4, attack dog, select fire, hybrid sight, tracker sight, dead mans hand, martyrdom. . . the list goes on, these are things unexperienced players typically use they often aid getting free random kills and being able to spot enemies quicker. These are items that the typical experienced player wont use, they don't need to use them because the player skill they have mitigates the need for them.

Anyone who has seen my posts before probably knows that I enjoy playing the part of an aggressive sniper, and TBH I think the sniper debate has a big relation to experienced and un-experienced players. As I mentioned earlier I used to hate aggressive snipers the same as many people do now because I always thought it was a cheat, I could not wrap my head around how people could play that fast that accurately. When I started sniping I realised it was a task to be mastered, I noticed my reaction time and pad control jumped up to a new level. To the point that when I go on a game now, there are always people crying at me for killing them over and over again thinking I'm a cheat, but the cold hard reality of it is this: Apart from maybe some lag advantage sometimes, the reason I can beat people over and over again with a sniper has nothing to do with it being OP, Aim assist or me cheating the game in anyway, it is because I can react to a situation in half the time most average players can and because I have trained myself to use a set of weapons that rely on getting the first shot off accurately, I have learnt to use the controller in a very precise manor, I don't need to throw C4 about everywhere to get me kills or have a pistol to wap out because I can rely on my tactical knowledge and gun skill to do the work and that is the deference.

An un-experienced player will generally use class set-ups as a way to get the win and if they fail fights to a certain weapon or see someone playing in a manor that they themselves couldn't achieve they will consider it a cheat or OP.

An experienced player relies on his/her ability as a player and knows that he/she doesn't need a particular weapon/perk in order to do well because player skill trumps perks/weapons, they also have the experience to know when they have been out-played fair and square, when someone got a lucky kill and when connection it not on their side.