1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 51 Replies Latest reply: Mar 24, 2014 2:21 AM by Increment Go to original post RSS
      • 20. Re: People complaining about the game
        myevo8you

bizzlewhip wrote:

I only have 1complaint and that how they completely ruined my favorite guns in the whole game the sniper class or rifles... Seriously how can I keep getting hit markers on a point blank shot with a sniper rifle!?!? Happen 5 times in 1match! I understand u get cry babies crying about how powerful the rifles are but they are suppose too be a 1shot 1kill gun!!! Just pisses me off I can't use my favorite class anymore cause they dumbed the damn guns down now!!! Ridiculous!!!!!

Correction "snipers should be a one shot one kill weapon when hitting chest and above".

My statement is EXACTLY how snipers should behave purely from the standpoint of balance AND them being a "specialized" class. No weapon in this game should be a one shot one kill weapon from ALL distances on ALL parts of the body.

How many complaints do you think would happen if you could shoot a shotgun from one side of the map to another and get a one shot one kill?

• 21. Re: People complaining about the game
          myevo8you

obzi wrote:

I think there's two different things here, there are things in the game such as maps or guns that people either like or don't, and then there are problems with the game such as glitches.

As said above there are always people who will have conflicting opinions, for every map (for example) there will be some that love it and others that hate it.

As for the real problems in the game, I think we sometimes don't appreciate how much work goes into producing a even a simple patch to fix a problem, I'm as guilty of this as most on here.

While I agree that a LOT of work goes into patching a game, the developers MUST have some sort of clue as to what makes the players of their game mad.

The number one issue that has been beat to death all the way back to MW3 is spawns. No one like to be spawned directly into the line of fire from an enemy and take a death with ZERO chance to react. So what do the developers do? They make it now where you have a HIGHER PROBABILITY of spawning directly in front of the enemy that JUST KILLED YOU!

The closed tests that the COD developers do just don't translate into how the majority of players play this game. In the closed tests I can almost with 100% certainty tell you that the players never camp, never try to find "hidden spots", or try to defend areas on maps. They probably run around like squirrels that have drank 10 cups of coffee and don't ever sit still. This is why there NEEDS to be a public beta, even if it is invite only to players who have been playing COD games for a long time. There are literally MILLIONS of players who, if you check their gamerscore and online play, play COD WAY more than they should (myself included).

If you go back and look and look at most of the complaints about past games most of them have been about guns/perks/attachements etc. I am one of those people who just don't believe in that these things are overpowered, but maybe overused, as there are ALWAYS going to be guns that are better than others because if not then we would have the same gun with just different looks. This game seems to be a little different as most of the complaints are centered around things that are out of the control of the players. The biggest issues right now are Spawns, Maps, and dedicated servers (or lack thereof). These are the things that players simply CANNOT adapt to and are at the fault of the developer.

• 22. Re: People complaining about the game
            brsox

That's your opinion, not a fact of EXACTLY how it should be. I think Sniper Rifles are pretty crappy in relation to other long, medium range options in this game. The balance is a little off, IMO.

• 23. Re: People complaining about the game
              atiredoldguy

people need to realize too that if there is something the devs have not gotten right after years of making games .... maybe its something that just cant be done to everyone's satifaction.

Take the spawns for example. People want good spawns AND small maps so they can rush around from one side to the other quickly. I was thinking about this last night playing ffa on freight, as every time I spawned I had someone running right at me. I envisioned the map with 7 people on it spread out perfectly and on that size map, On that size map, people have to spawn at least within a second's running time to be in view of another spawn point. If you want fast paced, small maps and everyone moving ...... you just arent going to get perfect spawns. I think they could do better .... for example, spawning near explosives ..... but as fast as people move around the maps, I dont see any waythey could spawn people safely without totally revamping how the spawns actually work.

Lag .....  transmitting data over the internet has limitations imposed by God himself. In a perfect world .... data can only travel at the speed of light ...... which pings a 1 ms for every 93 miles. " But I have 21 ms ping, why do I have trouble when I play people in europe or australia ?"    well because you arent pinging europe or australia at 21 ms. There is no place on earth that can ping both europe and australia in 21 ms.  Its just not possible according to the laws of physics.  Add a bit of time loss for every intersection along the way , your home system, lag caused by tvs and such, figure the rate of fire of the guns, the distance people can move in just a few ms and you have a bad situation ...... one that cant be fixed with a couple lines of code.

Dedicated servers ..... unless they can scatter them around the globe with no more than 1500 miles apart, ther are going to be people who wont benefit by them ..   They said we were getting a hybrid system of dedis and listen servers, and from what I see, we have them. I dont know how to tell for sure, but I definitely believe they are there . But if I have to connect to a dedi 2000 miles away ..... I dont want to.

Cant adapt to these things? Well, then its time to quit. These are just facts of life. There are plenty of players who do well consistently in spite of having the same handicaps as everyone else.... so something works.

Now I can see complaining about things that are broken ..... but 90% of the comnplaints arent things that are broken. Even if you get 20 people in a thread that dont like something, doesnt mean they are the majority., and it doesnt mean its broken.

• 24. Re: People complaining about the game
                myevo8you

brsox wrote:

That's your opinion, not a fact of EXACTLY how it should be. I think Sniper Rifles are pretty crappy in relation to other long, medium range options in this game. The balance is a little off, IMO.

So according to you, a sniper should kill in one hit no matter what.

Yep, that sounds PERFECT. LOL.

As far as other long range weapons, I'm NOT including medium range weapons as those are Assault Rifles and SMG's, the ONLY other options are Marksman rifles and those are 2 hit kills as well. If you look up what a sniper is BY DEFINITION it is

" A person that gets far away from combat to pick off enemies at a distance while remaining hidden"

If you are using a sniper rifle for ANYTHING other than that, then you SHOULD be at a disadvantage.

• 25. Re: People complaining about the game
                  Sinseer7

You made some really good points in other posts - but I'm not in agreement with the "no skill" thing.  Making good snap-decisions, checking the right corners, knowing the map and which angles you're vulnerable to in any given situation, and listening to audio cues that tell you where to look for bad guys are all skills.  If you're running around like a lemming trying to find someone to play quick-draw against, I could see why one might think COD is a "no skill" game.  Skilled players don't usually play like that though, and those that do and are successful at "twitch" shooting are still skilled at lining up the sights and pulling the trigger, since they would have to do so faster than their opponent.

For sure, good ping helps any player, but it doesn't make the player.  Same with the team thing.. Good teams surely help, but a bad team with 5 of 6 going negative doesn't prevent the sixth player from going 2:1 or 3:1 - happens all the time.  If anything, a player's skill is more obvious in a situation where they have to try to carry a team.

If it was all luck of the draw and no skill, there wouldn't be such a big variation in K/D ratios, average kills/points per game, etc.  I usually play TDM, so I'm leaving alone the tactics and strategies involved with the other game modes that would also show a big variation in skill.

All in my humble opinion, of course..  It may just be a matter of perspective.

• 26. Re: People complaining about the game
                    Slopat

atiredoldguy wrote:

Lag .....  transmitting data over the internet has limitations imposed by God himself. In a perfect world .... data can only travel at the speed of light ...... which pings a 1 ms for every 93 miles. " But I have 21 ms ping, why do I have trouble when I play people in europe or australia ?"    well because you arent pinging europe or australia at 21 ms. There is no place on earth that can ping both europe and australia in 21 ms.  Its just not possible according to the laws of physics.  Add a bit of time loss for every intersection along the way , your home system, lag caused by tvs and such, figure the rate of fire of the guns, the distance people can move in just a few ms and you have a bad situation ...... one that cant be fixed with a couple lines of code.

It however can be improved upon via better matchmaking criteria. The poor matchmaking and its effects on lag is my single, but huge complaint about Ghosts.

• 27. Re: People complaining about the game
                      Slopat

"No skill in COD" is the silliest comment made in all seriousness I have read since joining this forum.

That's akin to saying there is no skill involved in playing poker because luck plays a part.

• 28. Re: People complaining about the game

i can agree with what you said.. if you hate the game why are you here.. however I have also seen players saying.. see ya going to whatever game.. and what does the community do? they say:

good one less * insert name here* playing

or

good, you wont be missed

its almost like people get upset when people stop playing..

just my observation

• 29. Re: People complaining about the game
                          nicedrewishfela

It is the way most folks do it.

They gripe and gripe and then say they are never playing the game again. Nobody wants to hear it. You don't like the game, that's cool, play or do something else.

But we see all too often how many folks say this, and are back a month later complaining about the same things (usually things they could fix themselves.)