21 Replies Latest reply on Mar 24, 2014 12:29 PM by kingcrawPS RSS

Worst Killstreak Ever??

So yesterday, I was playing a game of domination on Warhawk.  Game was pretty even, within 30 for most of the round.  I was running support streaks, which included an Air Superiority for 13 kills.  I thought it'd be a waste, until the enemy called in an attack helicopter.  Due to the rare occurrence of this actually happening, I found an empty area and called in my jet.  The first run through, nothing happened, so I chalked it up to an initial strafing run.  The second run through, THE ENEMY HELICOPTER DESTROYED MY AIR SUPERIORITY JET!  I actually just sat there and laughed.  The only function of that killstreak is to destroy enemy aircraft and it couldn't even do that.  Is this truly the worst killstreak in COD history?

gramthenOOb
        • Test #1
          Re: Worst Killstreak Ever??

I do agree with you that it misses a ton and believe that anything in the sky should be whacked. I have done the patches though but to be honest the maaws works 10x better for less kills which doesnt make any sense.

Last Edited: Mar 19, 2014 10:09 PM
          • Test #1

Use the MAAWS launcher, plus if your wanting to be anti-Killstreak, use ground jammer as well. Air superiority and ground jammer use 12 points so you cant use both. AS does suck.....bad.

Last Edited: Mar 19, 2014 10:42 PM
            • Test #1

I have quite a bit of playing time and haven't used the AS streak once yet....if it was fool proof and took out anything flying it might be worth a try....otherwise it's pointless, literally...

Last Edited: Mar 20, 2014 6:00 AM
              • Test #1

I have never heard of a chopper taking out  air super.

I have used it once and it is very useful in FFA when people camp for streaks and are throwing up chopper and helos.. though i think it shouldn't take 13 kills.. i think the balance idea was good, but with the way the game actually works, its not the right way to balance it

Last Edited: Mar 20, 2014 6:17 AM
                • Test #1

i think it's a toss up between air superiority and that blasted sniper copter , it would probably be easier to snipe on horse back.

Last Edited: Mar 20, 2014 1:25 PM
                  • Test #1

"The second run through, THE ENEMY HELICOPTER DESTROYED MY AIR SUPERIORITY JET!"

LOL! I'm here picturing this and I can't stop laughing. "Air Superiority", yeah right.

Last Edited: Mar 20, 2014 1:30 PM
                    • Test #1

I use quiet often as protection for my group, and its missed a few times (less than 5) but almost always its deadly on, taking out griphons, helis, helos, I once took out a care package heli.

Last Edited: Mar 20, 2014 1:40 PM
                      • Test #1

It looks like IW forgot to make Air Superiority to target enemy aircrafts. I think it's a glitch. Maybe we should make a louder noise so that IW will patch it. Not a lot of people complain about it so IW isn't patching it. It's pretty much useless right now.

IW patched the Chopper and made it more aggressive after people complained it doesn't kill people. If we complain louder then maybe IW will fix the AS. We have to complain for them to fix stuff or they won't do anything about it.

Last Edited: Mar 20, 2014 1:55 PM
                        • Test #1

I was unaware that enemy could get killstreaks.  I thought it was for my team only 

Last Edited: Mar 22, 2014 11:29 PM
                          • Test #1

Not sure why, but it is possible that you got killed exactly when you called it in.  Here's why, I went to get michael myers from his tomb and the package disappeared, but I died also!?  The package was lost?  it looks like the dude called it in when he died and it nullified the air superiority! ?

Last Edited: Mar 22, 2014 11:49 PM
                            • Test #1

Killstreaks on the whole are inferior to previous CODS, I think worst  is being killed by your own kill streak, what's the point? Again on warhawk  called in mortars got 1 kill me !

Last Edited: Mar 23, 2014 4:10 AM
                              • Test #1

Ok, so I originally posted that I'd never used Air Superiority but that has since changed. I've started using it along with the MAAWS and mostly a squad mate. I've destroyed quite a few enemy aircraft with Air Superiority and only missed once, this was on Strikezone. I pulled out my trusty MAAWS and took care of it. But that's the only time it has failed. I'll actually say I like using this streak and the MAAWS a lot especially in Domination and KC where lots of guys kill whore and gain big streaks. Really pisses em off......I've destroyed Battle Hinds, Helo Pilots but no care package choppers yet. They are very quick and get gone too quickly. I may try to get one with the MAAWS soon. Also, I know AS would work on the Helo Scout very easily. I've also read that Air Superiority will take out Gryphons but I haven't had the chance to try it yet. I'm pretty sure the MAAWS locks onto them though...all in all I really enjoy blasting **** out of the air with AS or MAAWS....cool streak even though most people think it's lame.

Last Edited: Mar 23, 2014 9:25 AM
                                • Test #1

Also, I've never heard of a chopper destroying AS but I've read that if there are 2 Air Superiority streaks called in (1 from each team) that they'll try to destroy one another. This could've happened to you. If the other team heard your streak called in then they might've called in their own AS to protect their chopper. Who knows.

Last Edited: Mar 23, 2014 9:31 AM
                                    • Test #1

To add onto my previous statements: Air Superiority will definitely take out a gryphon and a helo scout....

Also, I tried shooting down a Maniac delivery plane with the MAAWS but was unsuccessful, not sure if that works or not...it's a fast plane

Last Edited: Mar 24, 2014 6:09 AM
                                    • Test #1

Anyone tried AS on a Vulture? Just curious...

Last Edited: Mar 24, 2014 6:10 AM
                                      • Test #1

I always thought air superiority always took out whatever is in air until I called in my battle hind and then the opposing team calls in air superiority. I was surprised my battle hand wasn't destroyed.It didn't matter anyways because the battle hind didn't get any kills.

Last Edited: Mar 24, 2014 11:49 AM
                                        • Test #1

I've now destroyed I think like 25-30 enemy aircraft and only had one failed attempt with the AS....not too bad, but not perfect.

Last Edited: Mar 24, 2014 12:29 PM