19 Replies Latest reply: Mar 22, 2014 5:19 AM by JujuBeans RSS

fewer nodes?

JujuBeans

Anyone else have 8 nodes instead of 10, and if so do you know why? I really enjoy certain game modes more than others and am disappointed to see 2 left out to 4 left out.

• Re: fewer nodes?
          WhyNoName

There are only 8 nodes for everyone in the non-diamond war.  The 8 they picked are ok (minus S&R - they keep trying to shove their new idea down our throats for some reason).  Better than having 11 and 3-4 of them being garbage modes where like 500 people are playing.

thebigmac316

I love search and rescue!  What do you think is wrong with it?

jnikoley

Lobbies are too small with long wait times for a game.  Nothing wrong with 1 occasional node for S&R, or S&D, but the last war had two.

We're in PL, and we have 8 nodes as well.  I'm fine with that, although 10 with a double on DOM and TDM would have made it a bit more interesting.

WhyNoName

I don't hate S&R, I would rather play straight S&D myself.  I just don't like how they put in their new modes EVERY time while other standard modes get the short end of the stick.  The player counts are low in the categories because people are not having FUN in them.  Clan Wars shouldn't force people to play modes that are simply not fun.  Makes people hate the process and the game.  In the same vein, with less fun being had in this game, the player counts are lower than the original MW.  That is a very bad trend for COD.  They need to find ways to make the game fun and not just a grind.  CW = total grind.

OUHATEME

Diamond has only been 8 nodes it was that way last clan war. We will find out how it is for this one when it starts .

mas2809

Yes we only have 8 in gold division.

We would have liked more as we currently hold all 8 and are twiddling our thumbs waiting for more action

JujuBeans

I really liked the 10 with the double, I agree with twiddling thumbs waiting! I get sick of seeing blitz everytime, and I LOVE s&r, but wish there was more hardcore. So I guessi like the variety, but I do wish they would decide how there going to do the nodes and stop with the new idea each

Sledgehammer23248

keep on twiddling... the 1st place team in my war has all 8 also.  seems to be a common theme here.  it's frustrating they cannot get evenly matched clans against one another to make clan wars more appealing.  every war i've been in has been decided on by friday.  this time, i came home from work on wed, 2 hours after it started, and the 1st place team already had all 8 nodes.  and as i can see, no one else cares to play, and i don't blame them.  all we do is try to stay in the top 3.  so we take the occasional node here and there.

they should put your clan against the clan in ours.  there would be some action for you!

OUHATEME

Quick question when clan wars is not going on do you usually play as a clan?

mas2809

Perhaps not always altogether, but often as not there is at least a pair playing together most nights,if we're all online though we tend to, but there are only 4 of us

Sledgehammer23248

usually do but i have double the playing hours as the second person in my 8 member clan, so it would be impossible.  plus, we are on different work schedules and time zones as my clan is family and friends.

JujuBeans

Frequently we do,  it is almost always 2 of us together, but we play the hardcore onslaught rotation (tdm, kc, dom and s&r). We also play a lot worth other clans. Having fun is the most I pant thing but during clan wars blitz, cracked,  and the same core tdm/kc just feels like work. It can be really frustrating and unenjoyable

mas2809

Perhaps they should make the divisions bigger with more nodes to capture, 1 node per clan is perhaps a little to easy to dominate the division.

Anyway, the divisions are supposed to be based on recent playing time by the players, us 4 all play regularly and one would assume that the rest of the division does also, but apparently not, obviously

Sledgehammer23248

that's what i can't figure out.  i have over 250 hours in but the next person has around 125... and there are 3 clans in my war that haven't score a point.  i know they could be playing or waiting till the weekend and their wins might not be noticed due to the 1st place team having every node but my clan doesn't play 24 hours around the clock and obviously, neither do some of the other clans in my war. but then we're matched up against a clan that is playing non stop.  and i'm not against that all.  but there are clans who are twiddling their fingers for competition and i'm sure the clan in mine is doing the same.  i would just think that they would try to match up clans such as though for more competition.

EYKwingnut

It sucks, man. My clan's favorite game mode is HC Dom and now it's gone. Too much shooting for no purpose in the new setup. 1 node of Dom, 1 node of Search, and the rest is just lame old TDM and KC. Not to mention crappy ass blitz and cranked.

NoMoreMyFriend-S

Also noted this.

I belive to also have noted that if a clan is leading by a large number of points, that the capture points for a node goes up.

In this CW noted for DOM and last CW even for 2 notes (forgot which game types). Not funny when you are the leading clan and put effort in, good when you are a 'chasing' clan who is trying to catch up.

WhyNoName

The last several CWs have been this way.  You win the node, it drops by 2 points.  Every 2 hours after that, the CP value increases until it reaches double the original value.  Then, clan B takes the node for double the CP, it drops by 2 pts, and then regens back to the max double point total.  It favors teams who allow the original clan to take all nodes, let the CP value build, then play on the weekend and run the table.  The strategy is not to allow the original team to build too big a lead off the 2 hour node control bonus though.