1 2 3 4 Previous Next 66 Replies Latest reply: Apr 2, 2014 11:22 AM by DatBigSwitcha2 Go to original post RSS
      • 10. Re: @ A_Trey_U: What I Want From Call Of Duty & Why...
        GHOSTED

shootings happen a lot where there are extreme gun control laws. in other words the good guys can't have a gun but the bad guys can. Chicago is the prime example of the strictest gun control legislation and the most violent gun crimes in the states.

• 11. Re: @ A_Trey_U: What I Want From Call Of Duty & Why...
          BobbyMcGee

id agree but we live in a world where kids in african countries carry ak's and and middle eastern kindergarten classes get bombs dropped on them so you cant really say its only americans surrounded by violence.

i was in rochester ny which has basically become "rock city" totally plagued in crime by all races, believe me, a racist i am not, and on new years eve at midnight you could here pistols being fired all over the city. for some people, yeah, gunfire has become a normal sound.

i also grew up with the sportsters rod and gun club in the woods behind my house, which my father was president of. most of my early outdoor memories are with him learning how to shoot. the kids rooms were all upstairs and at the end of the hall sat the gun cabinet. ammo was kept separate but we were not only taught to have huge respect for guns at a young age, but we were shown just what damage they could do if not respected. i spent many thursday nights outshooting the members as a very young kid. but i also knew i could never touch any of the guns by myself. when you dont respect something you are more likely to mis-use it.

• 12. Re: @ A_Trey_U: What I Want From Call Of Duty & Why...
            barA-ehT

@ objectifying women

You are asking for the game to be more realistic, and you are complaining at the same time about how the game uses women in a materialistic way. Well hello, welcome to the real world. It's been like that since decades, women are used to sell, they are used as an object, and like you, I don't support that; but it is "real". Internet, magazines, TV, everywhere. Thats how this society works (well mostly western society), and they brainwash us telling us "thats how women are free and have their rights". Yeah, their rights to entertain us, men, by watching them half naked.

• 13. Re: @ A_Trey_U: What I Want From Call Of Duty & Why...
              like2nap03

WiimotesRus02 wrote:

like2nap03 wrote:

ATU's interaction with the community was great...until the trolls ran him off with a constant barrage of insults. It's disappointing...

I don't believe that for one second, if it is true then he deserved it, but I think he's not been here because one day he'd say we're getting one thing or another, then it turned out that we're getting nothing. Its my belief he's been told to stay off the official forum, and to stop answering certain questions. He is however allowed to post patch notes and similar stuff..

He told us flat out that he would stop posting if comments became too "toxic" I think is the word he used.  Basically if he was being insulted a lot.  Well that happened and he stopped posting.  Coincidence?  I think not.  Did the other consoles get dedis?  I didn't think they did. 

• 14. Re: @ A_Trey_U: What I Want From Call Of Duty & Why...
                M4GNUM

Aside from a few bad eggs, I don't think anything was "toxic". We raised issues. If we don't get a response or we don't get a patch for months...then yes, it might get a little more heated. I think we had valid points and I put the onus on them (or more so the suits in charge). I don't recall him being "insulted" personally. If the game got/would get insulted...make a better game and give us the support we need. TALK TO US. They caused what they got/get. I don't feel bad for them at all.

The problem is that they aren't true dedicated servers (which is how everyone took it). The other consoles got a combo of dedicated servers and listen servers (player host). Nobody is using just dedicated servers. I personally don't think we have enough numbers to support maintenance/cost for a Wii U dedicated server so I think we got stuck with listen servers.

• 15. Re: @ A_Trey_U: What I Want From Call Of Duty & Why...
                  WiimotesRus02

like2nap03 wrote:

WiimotesRus02 wrote:

like2nap03 wrote:

ATU's interaction with the community was great...until the trolls ran him off with a constant barrage of insults. It's disappointing...

I don't believe that for one second, if it is true then he deserved it, but I think he's not been here because one day he'd say we're getting one thing or another, then it turned out that we're getting nothing. Its my belief he's been told to stay off the official forum, and to stop answering certain questions. He is however allowed to post patch notes and similar stuff..

He told us flat out that he would stop posting if comments became too "toxic" I think is the word he used.  Basically if he was being insulted a lot.  Well that happened and he stopped posting.  Coincidence?  I think not.  Did the other consoles get dedis?  I didn't think they did. 

Back out clause, and its not just about the dedi's mate. Magnum is right, if they're so sensitive then they should make a better game. And lets face it, what difference does it make, he posts patch notes, and that's the only true honest stuff that they post. I once posted the definition of the word "test" and he wanted or thought about banning me for it. Do you honestly believe this game was tested?

• 16. Re: @ A_Trey_U: What I Want From Call Of Duty & Why...
                    M4GNUM

I wonder about testing all the time. How did they not notice Wiimote issues? How did they not notice how you can't use some scopes with a Wiimote. How did they not notice how sh1tty their spawns are? How did they not notice their animations of the dog and squad mate are so off that it appears they are OP by jumping at you from 20 feet away or shooting before their gun is out of the holster? How did they not notice that there's something off about the ballistic vests and how it tells the wearer how much damage it's taking to where it feels like 2 bullets kill you? Etc, etc, etc.

Testing requires money and I bet the Wii U crew only has a certain amount of budget hours to spend on anything. Then you have launch dates you are pressured to meet (so you end up doing patches throughout the year, but still making money off a game that was sold half-@ssed). So many things that we come up with tells me they don't test much. I'm not putting this on the dev's shoulders either...it's the suits making that decision.

Here's how they should fix the lag issues: make it so their nerdy MLG championships are played online instead of LAN. You'll see it fixed the next day.

• 17. Re: @ A_Trey_U: What I Want From Call Of Duty & Why...
                      like2nap03

Common sense says the game was tested.  Take into consideration how many things work right as opposed to how many things don't.  Was it tested thoroughly enough?  No.  Was it released with problems?  Yes.  Is that at all surprising?  Considering the development time, no it's not. 

The only way they could truly test it would be to release a Beta and let it run, with a lot of players, for a few weeks.  That's the only way they'll get the spawns and things of that nature corrected.  Even then things like map glitches won't be found unless people actually look for them.  Weapon balance could be worked out if they left the beta out there long enough.  There's no way, even with 100 testers playing for a few weeks, that they will find everything.  Activision knows the game will sell millions of copies at launch even with all the bugs, so why would they bother changing their testing process if it costs more money?

As for the wii remote I'm quite baffled.  I don't know how anyone could play BLOPS 2 at release and not notice it had serious issues.  Even if they did notice it they still had to released it to make the deadline.  Same with the scopes that M4GNUM mentioned for this game. 

• 18. Re: @ A_Trey_U: What I Want From Call Of Duty & Why...
                        WiimotesRus02

like2nap03 wrote:

Common sense says the game was tested.  Take into consideration how many things work right as opposed to how many things don't.  Was it tested thoroughly enough?  No.  Was it released with problems?  Yes.  Is that at all surprising?  Considering the development time, no it's not.

The only way they could truly test it would be to release a Beta and let it run, with a lot of players, for a few weeks.  That's the only way they'll get the spawns and things of that nature corrected.  Even then things like map glitches won't be found unless people actually look for them.  Weapon balance could be worked out if they left the beta out there long enough.  There's no way, even with 100 testers playing for a few weeks, that they will find everything.  Activision knows the game will sell millions of copies at launch even with all the bugs, so why would they bother changing their testing process if it costs more money?

As for the wii remote I'm quite baffled.  I don't know how anyone could play BLOPS 2 at release and not notice it had serious issues.  Even if they did notice it they still had to released it to make the deadline.  Same with the scopes that M4GNUM mentioned for this game.

I still stand by what I say, the only interaction they need to do is read about the bugs, seeing as there has to be bugs from what you're saying. They're not here to be our friends, therefore do not need to interact with us to make some of us think that way. If they have to post then what they say should be 100% true and honest, not tell us there's a patch coming and then it never happens, then the next time we hear anything is just prior to the next release of a game 6 months later. To be honest, it makes me sick when everyone thanks him just for showing up..

• 19. Re: @ A_Trey_U: What I Want From Call Of Duty & Why...
                          like2nap03

M4GNUM wrote:

Aside from a few bad eggs, I don't think anything was "toxic". We raised issues. If we don't get a response or we don't get a patch for months...then yes, it might get a little more heated. I think we had valid points and I put the onus on them (or more so the suits in charge). I don't recall him being "insulted" personally. If the game got/would get insulted...make a better game and give us the support we need. TALK TO US. They caused what they got/get. I don't feel bad for them at all.

The problem is that they aren't true dedicated servers (which is how everyone took it). The other consoles got a combo of dedicated servers and listen servers (player host). Nobody is using just dedicated servers. I personally don't think we have enough numbers to support maintenance/cost for a Wii U dedicated server so I think we got stuck with listen servers.

I don't feel bad for them.  Much worse things can happen to people, but we had a lot of posts saying the devs don't care and that they don't know what they are doing.  They should never have released the game.  They can't fix anything so they should just stop making the games.  Not exactly constructive criticism.  If telling a developer that they don't know how to make a game isn't a direct insult then what is?  ATU said he would stop posting if that stuff happened.  It happened and he stopped posting.  The game has issues and we would get better responses if we brought them about in a more polite/professional kind of way.  I believe Vonderhaar mentioned that as well on the BLOPS 2 forum.  He didn't post because of the way he was attacked.  Why would someone want to when they are being told that they don't know how to do their job and that they don't care?  Or in the case of Von even getting death threats.  (ATU doesn't have it that bad thankfully.  That's beyond stupid)

As far as dedis go they had planned for them or he wouldn't have mentioned it.  Obviously the plans changed.  He simply could have said "there is no more information at this time".  It's not like it's his decision to make and I don't think he stopped posting because of that.   I doubt he lied about them.  The people that pay the bills changed their minds and decided not to give us dedis.  He can't help that.

1 2 3 4 Previous Next