1 2 3 Previous Next 69 Replies Latest reply: Mar 28, 2014 6:52 AM by SirBeck58 RSS

Question For You Campers

Married guy here and I've been playing FPS's ever since I can remember.  My wife knows that I play games, but she doesn't know anything more than that.  She's not a gamer whatsoever.  I play to win, go for the objectives, and do well overall.

Anyways.....for you campers that hide in corners and don't bother to assist with capturing or holding down flags in games like Domination, do you think your wife or significant other would think less of you if they knew what you were doing?  I mean, it;s just a game, but to a certain degree it really shows what type of a wussy you truly are.

And if your significant other does play with you or knows your style and is aware of your camping and not helping, I'm guessing that they wear the pants in the relationship and your balls are probably kept in a jar on her nightstand.

Sorry, /rant.

• 1. Re: Question For You Campers
          DelverMagi

Interesting approach.

I will camp in those types of games in two scenarios.

1.  If I have already died many times and others are not helping, from my team.

2.  When the other team is so good, I am no longer an asset to my team, but a liability.

3. When I am defending.....but that is part of the team strategy then.

It happens on occasion, even after going through 3 or 4 different load outs trying to find one that works.

But I really don't start a game intending to camp.

• 2. Re: Question For You Campers
            iHattoriHanzo0

In other words, camping makes you less of a man. Hahaha. Pretty funny take on things.

• 3. Re: Question For You Campers
              ItsTrue13

Campers, lag, and Campers really killed this game.

• 4. Re: Question For You Campers
                iHattoriHanzo0

After giving this post some more thought........if our wives can put up with the fact we play video games instead of working on motorcycles, i think they are already over non manly hood.

• 5. Re: Question For You Campers
                  myevo8you

So if we have 2 objectives in DOM, and we stay on either one of the 2 we own, we are camping? This is called defending and keeping the enemy from winning.

Going for all 3 flags in DOM is not only idiotic, but just not the best way to ensure victory. No matter what by only holding 2 flags in DOM you are GUARANTEED 2 things.

1. The enemy will ONLY spawn on their flag if you don't push into their spawn

2. You will ALWAYS win.

• 6. Re: Question For You Campers

First let me say I'm a capper. When I play objective modes I usually get the most caps on my team.

As far as my wife goes, she understands what teamwork is about. For example, if I'm mowing the grass, she'll move the yard items out of the way so I can mow easier. If she is washing dishes, I'll round up the cups from the living room and maybe take out the garbage.... or maybe dry.

Possibly even .... we'll get things done even quicker by me mowing the grass while she does the dishes.

Her sitting on the tractor seat with me would make it a bit uncomfortable and certainly wouldnt get the job done any faster or better. Me trying to wash dishes while she's washing would probably mean taking turns , one grab a playete out of the sink and move to the middle of the floor so the other could grab a plate ..... slopping dirty soapy water all over the floor so we have an extra job to do.

She understands teamwork means each of us carrying out a certain role while the other runs support.

Translate that into domination. 6 guys capping a flag means the enemy ..... one single enemy .... can take out our entire team, while his team goes and caps the other 2 flags.

As a capper, I have a lot of appreciation for those teammates hiding in corners picking off the enemy before they can get to me. If I have good campers on my team,  I dont need another capper helping me. One other capper might be helpful. More than that just allows the enemy to focus on the group of us sitting ducks while we manage to neutralize the flag at best.

Now ..... let me ask you. What if your wife knew you couldnt handle a simple task on your own without having someone hold your hand while you do it?  .... in some silly game at that.  Actually .... I'll bet she already knows that. Thats why she's not a gamer. Its her one chance in her hectic day of following you around like a child to get away from your whiney *ss.

• 7. Re: Question For You Campers
                      mdub

TOSSER wrote:

Married guy here and I've been playing FPS's ever since I can remember.  My wife knows that I play games, but she doesn't know anything more than that.  She's not a gamer whatsoever.  I play to win, go for the objectives, and do well overall.

Anyways.....for you campers that hide in corners and don't bother to assist with capturing or holding down flags in games like Domination, do you think your wife or significant other would think less of you if they knew what you were doing?  I mean, it;s just a game, but to a certain degree it really shows what type of a wussy you truly are.

And if your significant other does play with you or knows your style and is aware of your camping and not helping, I'm guessing that they wear the pants in the relationship and your balls are probably kept in a jar on her nightstand.

Sorry, /rant.

Its a good thing your wife didnt marry you for your gaming skills.

Married guy complaining about "campers" in a video game ...... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 8. Re: Question For You Campers
                        newm8n

my question to you is, would your wife think less of you if  she knew you came to a forum to whine about it? so i guess she wears the pants because your a whiner? see you can look at it both ways.

my wife dosnt game and thinks i am a child cause i do (women yesh). But i am the boss outside of the house and shes the boss at home and i am sure 90% of marriages are the same.

• 9. Re: Question For You Campers
                          Im_Old_School

This just made #6 on my list of the 10 silliest posts I've ever read on this forum!

I'm just glad after reading this (and to think it might could EVER have an effect on how my wife perceives me as her husband) I've not confessed to her I sometimes wussy out and camp on a video game.  I got a good 32 year run going.  I'm not about to hose it up with news like that!

Besides, she already thinks I'm an idiot so...

1 2 3 Previous Next