22 Replies Latest reply: Mar 27, 2014 8:46 AM by Snail915 RSS

Hacked lobbies are BACK!

myevo8you

Well, I put in this game to TRY to play a few games against my better judgement, and what happens?

I GET PUT INTO A HACKED LOBBY AGAIN. This is the 12th time I have PERSONALLY been in one of these hacked lobbies. This one was on HCDOM and different from the ones I experienced earlier in the games release.

I joined mid session and I spawned DIRECTLY on top of the enemy (there were only 2) and I shot them. I INSTANTLY went to level 60 on my 8th prestige (I was level 44 when I joined) and then as soon as I got my bearings I noticed a flashing purple word on the right hand side that said something to the effect of <Kanoi or something like that.

Needless to say I dashboarded instantly, BUT the rank stayed, but if I had gotten any squad points, they were not there as I still had what I had previously.

This has GOT TO STOP. There is simply NO EXCUSE for these being in public lobbies. Hacked lobbies have been in all COD games on the XBOX, but those you had to be invited to or they were in a private match.

I have over 20 days played in EVERY COD game since COD4 (except MW3) and had only been in ONE hacked lobby and that was near the end of MW2's life cycle. To be already placed in 12 hacked lobbies in about 4 days playtime is just absurd and shows just how poorly this games security is.

• Re: Hacked lobbies are BACK!

I agree, this has got to stop. I do not know if it is a regional thing, or what, but you and I both seem to encounter a lot of modders/hackers in public lobbies.

A couple weeks ago, when IW and Activision started banning people, I was actually happy to see that finally, some action was being taken. However, as soon as the bans were made, we had people crying foul, stating they had never hacked in their life. If Activision, and IW, simply looked at a game that a hacker was in, in a public match, and banned everyone who played the match to the end, then we have another problem on our hands. In my opinion, people who log on to xbox live, and just hit "find match", and end up in a public lobby that happens to have a hacker in it, should not be assumed guilty, or even complicit, with what the hacker was doing simply because they were paired, via IW's matchmaking system, with a hacket. However, if they accept an invite, or seek to enter a lobby with a hacker, ban them, and everyone else in the private match.

It almost seems like the hackers are just toying around with Ghosts for their personal disliking of the game. It has become almost obnoxious to those of us who just want to play the damn game, free of hackers, and enjoy ourselves. Do not make it our job to catch the hackers. We will report it, but after that, there is nothing we can do.

I like this game when I am not seeing orange boxes everywhere, or end up being pulled to one guy who shoots all of us, causing a FFA match to last all of 45 seconds.

I am in Indiana, evo. Not sure if u and I are possibly seeing the same hackers, but Im glad Im not the only one who feels their experience is being tarnished by the hackers.

myevo8you

We ARE close. I live in Kentucky, just south of Louisville.

About 3 weeks after the game came out I was a victim of MULTIPLE hacked lobbies over the course of about 4-5 days. It seemed every other one was like that. I literally quit playing for about 2 months just due to that simple fact. It has literally ruined the entire experience for me about EARNING things as I progress.

i know about 2 days ago i was in a lobby and when the game ended i was level 1 10th prestige - like 5 millon exp

idyb

I have never been in a hacked lobby, but I liked your post because I agree with everything you said. I personally am always afraid one day I will be in a hacked lobby and get my stats messed up to some sort of non legit thing. Oh and I've had friends who have been banned from playing both cod 4 and cod 5 because hackers gave them negative exp and it says they need to be level 1 to play. My one friend has been using the same account for 9 years so he is permanently banned from playing cod 5 by some douchebag.

Rambler330

I voiced this suggestion  a while back in another thread and got jumped on but I will put it out there again.

This applies in the US.

Microsoft with assistance from the gaming companies need to track down these hackers and have them prosecuted under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (google it, I'm not posting the link and waiting for a admin to OK it).

Do the full approach with SWAT Teams breaking down the door (with flashbangs also) of little Johnny's parents house in suburbia.

Currently there is very little repercussions for getting caught at hacking online gaming systems. You have to get another Live account or a the most your sytem gets banned. The word will get around that you don't hack XBox live games.

DeeJay85

Hacked lobbies have never been gone.

socratesxxx

I must be one of the extremely lucky ones. Almost 10 days played and have never seen a hacked lobby.

nicedrewishfela

There should be Zero, repeat ZERO tolerance for hacking or cheating of any kind. I find it hard to believe in this day and age there aren't ways to root these idiots out. They should be console banned immediately, and I wish legal charges could be filed with their local authorities.

People may read this as extreme, but it is the spirit of the crime that bothers me. You may be saying 'It's just a game, dude, relax...". No. Why? Because if they can hack the game this way.. what is to stop them from taking it to the next step and hacking into YOUR personal info. YOUR payment info? YOUR private and personal files? XBox and Activision need to step up their enforcement, find these hackers, and punish them. Make an example out of them. Show people that these actions have consequences.

Otherwise, none of us will be able to play and have fun without worrying about the integrity of not just our game, but our livelihoods being tainted.

myevo8you

nicedrewishfela wrote:

There should be Zero, repeat ZERO tolerance for hacking or cheating of any kind. I find it hard to believe in this day and age there aren't ways to root these idiots out. They should be console banned immediately, and I wish legal charges could be filed with their local authorities.

People may read this as extreme, but it is the spirit of the crime that bothers me. You may be saying 'It's just a game, dude, relax...". No. Why? Because if they can hack the game this way.. what is to stop them from taking it to the next step and hacking into YOUR personal info. YOUR payment info? YOUR private and personal files? XBox and Activision need to step up their enforcement, find these hackers, and punish them. Make an example out of them. Show people that these actions have consequences.

Otherwise, none of us will be able to play and have fun without worrying about the integrity of not just our game, but our livelihoods being tainted.

This has been my issue as well. If they are getting to the point where they can manipulate the actual servers in public lobbies, the next logical step is to be able to get into each and every XBOX Live account and steal/take things causing a massive headache for all involved.

For those saying "it's just a game", would it be just a game if they stole all of your personal information, charged $10,000 on your account, and then Microsoft had to shut down XBOX Live until a fix was found?

ForeignAllies

The NSA know eveything about you already, so what if some guy knows too

Its something that can never be fixed.  InfinityWard says that they can fix it, but hackers see it as more of a challenge and of course, will do anything to get around the fire walls.

DoomedDog

Yes, I agree ... they are back! AND they never left, all at the same time. I've listened to brother's boast of having 30 plus xbl accounts ... I didn't put two & two together till the ban hammer fell ...

things that royally P**S me off are the lag hacks, see through wall hacks, aim bot hacks, spawn hacks ...

sadly, the powers that be only see the revenue stream, deprive them of that and they will FIX the issues!

As a consolation prize and something that actually gave me some joy, while searching for a clan to join ... the shear number of commanders with  0 / 0 stats was amazing. I came across whole clans with  0 / 0 stats. Alternately, I also came across an aweful lot of 4.0 k/d with 100% wins. I mean really?

YMMV but the fun is gone and until it returns, i'll continue to play very little ghosts.

ps

i have NO idea how I got one bold paragraph in there!

Doomed

starbuckfrack

Even though I dont post much I agree 100 percent with this thread. I saw a news report that said MS is cracking down today even harder then they did before.

BS. Just bought Powerstar Golf a few weeks ago and there were OBVIOUS hackers that were 4000 holes ahead of the top players in the leaderboards which is totally impossible to get to. Did Microsoft do anything with the well detailed report that I sent in ? No. Even though on the ONE you can put detailed reasons behind your reports NOTHING gets done.

So what can we do ? Nothing. The PSN is even worse. So we just got to take it up the poopchute while they run around rampant. But if you think this is the only game full of hackers, you are wrong they are everywhere in every game, even in TF, GTA5 and BF games. YES, even in Titanfall.

Just like in real life where people murder, steal, do drugs, drunk drive , etc. Some get away, totally free from the law. So the only thing you can do is hope they dont show up poking around in your backyard. Pun intended.

Only thing you can do is not play the game. Of course that wont hurt them, neither will not buying the next game. The amount of bad apples dont spoil the game enough for them to cancel making the next one. But the good outweighs the bad so I will take my chances.

DcoLRSD

I have been inserted into a few never ending game lobbies. Both team scores are in the 900`s and most players will have 90kills and 70 or 80 caps, I bail out but end up in another of the same type, mostly its very early morning games east coast times.

Rambler330

If you get into a hacked game you should shut down you system and restart. Some of these hacks spread by infecting everyone in the game. If you just quit out of the game and then jump to another lobby you risk infecting more consoles.

DemonHunter777

There are not any hacks or cheaters in the game. You guys just suck at the game. You are mad cause you can't adapt to the game. Do I  sound like all the idiots that say lag does not exist and this is the bestis game evea.

gameaddict320

ive playrd ever COD have nevrr neen in a hacked lobby till ghosts. ive in 3 so far. 2 someone had god mode and was unkillable (wasnt even getting ht marks on him) and the other was on extinction...LOL kept flashing in blue in the middle of the screen and when criptics werd killed the ecploded into these yellow marshmellow looking things. luckily i havent been in any that alter my stats.

Don't feel bad, it is just as bad on the PS3, total garbage! I hate when clan wars start because all the cheaters/hackers come out of the woodwork!

Snail915

I got put in a hacked lobby once on cod4.. I was 9th prestige rank 45, killed one guy and was 9th 55... I simply messaged IW support saying look; It's put me in a public hacked lobby... I was 9th prestige rank 45 before i entered... 9th prestige 55 when I left. They then reset me to 9th 45 Doesnt solve the issue of these no life nerds ruining games... Just do what I do to stay happy... Remember 90% of these idiots are paying around $20 a day to have there lobby running XD

TheDarkOne123

Don't worry they will attempt to fix these problems in a few months then give up after a day and tell us there was nothing they could do. As for banning these people don't worry they have a random selective securiity system/team that never gets anything done.