46 Replies Latest reply: Jun 6, 2014 1:38 PM by TL_Bare_B_V2 RSS

This is how people play call of duty now.

In the end, its not about winning, or playing the game.  Its all about the following

Your K/D's

Making people rage.

Filing for your ten minutes of fame on youtube plus embarrassing people for the world to see and laugh at.

Not playing objectives

Kill Streaks

Quickscoping

and above all. 

Nukes, MOAB's and KEM Strikes.

That's what Call of duty is about.  Its not about playing and having fun.  Its about your K/Ds and how many people watch your videos on youtube.

• Re: This is how people play call of duty now.
          Medrano911

Maybes it might m=be all about that in your eyes but for me it is pure fun, I could care less whether people like a YouTube video or have a super high kd it matters how good you are and if you enjoy the game.

Medrano911

The find people who play in a similar style to you and get in party's with them to communicate and destroy your enemies. my GT is Medrano911 so feel free to invite me sometime if you see me online.

DocChoi

You can say that for any multiplayer game. I find nothing wrong with trying to pwn your lobby. If you're good at the game, I don't see why you should have mercy on your opponents just to be a "nice" person. Its like if I play with a full party, we don't play to make sure our opponents have a good time, we play to win when possible. This is not a kids league where no one keeps score and everyone holds hands in a circle at the end of the game. We are all adults here and people can't make you rage, you choose to rage because you take this game more seriously than you should. People rage when I play them, but its not like I do it intentionally, not my problem if I can win most of my close quarter gunfights and they can't. If I get killed, and my streak is stopped, I move on as I know I can get another streak going. About the streaks, there is some skill involved in not dying and players should be rewarded.

seafaringheart7

I have a 2.82 KD and I mostly care about my KD because I like to have a higher KD but If I go negative, I leave the game. If I am on a KEM streak then, I can't play the objective but less I play the objective and I have a 0.73 win/loss just because sometimes I rage quit against tryhards.

gotsomestars

You are a prime example of the toxic community that brings this franchise down.

One question.

How can you brag of a 2+ kd and admit to quitting when things aren't going your way? You know that 2 isn't real right? You are silly.

zingaa

seafaringheart7 wrote:

I have a 2.82 KD and I mostly care about my KD because I like to have a higher KD but If I go negative, I leave the game. If I am on a KEM streak then, I can't play the objective but less I play the objective and I have a 0.73 win/loss just because sometimes I rage quit against tryhards.

You are a scrub, but you already know that. You can't keep a high k/d in TDM because your an awful player, you need to k/d whore in Domination like the other scrubs.

chejose

I've recently started playing domination, and my kd is progressively going up. Up until this point i was playing nothing but TDM, so not exactly sure why it is that people can get higher KD's in domination, might be because the matches are longer and people camp a lot more (p.s i'm not a camper).

ExoticCr4sh

you really shouldn't call people scrubs when you have a 1.17 lol  I don't care what game mode you're playing that's bad

godlyintellect

i hold a 1.57 kd with a 2.65wl and play objectively and put up usually the highest total score in the lobby from high kills and caps/defends. it all depends on the kind of person. i agree with you though id say hes one of those who maybe caps the first flag then runs and spawn camps while his team does the work for him. but when someone flips the spawn and he starts dying, he complains because hes not man enough to suck it up and go cap the unnocuppied position to help his team out so he can get back to his killing. I do care about my kd but at least ill give up a good kd to make sure we dont get beat by a bunch of douchebags if they are kill whoring like he does. Same way for snr for me also. who cares if you go 4 kills negative. if you win thats what should matter. Whats the point of sports like the nba or mlb if theres no championship at the end of the season or a reward for having the most wins?

EJKHunter

If you're serious, it's time to find a new hobby

you're not very good at this one

Since, ya know, you have to buff your K/D by quitting out of games when you start to lose... so what's it like sporting a 2+ K/D that only represents around a 1 flat in skill?

This is why I can get into a lobby full of 3+'s and demolish them over and over again... lol it also make them rage like there is no tomorrow

You quit to preserve a fake stat that in zero way represents your abilities... I'm not sure how that makes you feel, but terms like pride and skill aren't even in the same book as it lol

So, are you labeling "tryhards" as people better than you?  If you are being serious, then you are the worst type of player.  I label you below hackers and there is a video game hell specifically for people like you.  Enjoy your K/D

nicedrewishfela

Part of the Problem.

Mochachaff

Unless you only play teamdeathmatch, you're unfortunately the kind of person who completely ruins the game..

Adeeez100

seafaringheart7 wrote:

Be honest, is this a serious post?.

DocChoi

Not shocking. This guy/girl is probably for real. Lots of lesser skilled players play objective like its TDM just to boost their kdr. Those players often cannot hang in a real TDM and have to rely on distracted objective driven players to net easy kills. Usually if I see a player who has a higher overall kdr compared to their TDM kdr, they probably aren't that good.

JetEye

seafaringheart7 wrote:

You're trash.  You have no problem staying in games where you're destroying the enemy team, but when the tables are turned you tuck tail and leave?  That's the definition of garbage.

newm8n

i could give a sh!t about my stats i just like to mess around sometimes and when its necessary pull on the tryhard pants and help get the win. but its only for pure enjoyment for myself.

bendotcom

I like to think that CoD is quite like any real life sport:

You get the guys who grind away everyday trying to be at the top of their game, these are the guys playing MLG tournaments, the guys in your top sniping clans like FaZe, Obey, SoaR, nV etc. the guys who are so fast and accurate most players don't stand a chance. But IMO from the work they have done they deserve it.

Then you get the guys who want to be in the top league but can't be bothered doing the work so look for any short-cut they can. These are your campy K/D players who like to brag about having a good K/D but when it comes to actually playing a game they are pretty useless, these are your snipers that run around using their pistol and c4 untill they get to that spot they have seen in some montage and try and get a quad feed, but they fail miserably because they can't actually use the weapon, ignore the objective and have so little tactical ability they would be better team players if they stood still all game, just trying to get some stupid YouTube fame.

Then you have the majority casual players, the guys who can enjoy the competitive/sniping pros without feeling the need to be on that level, the guys who jump on to have a bit of fun, not overly bothered by a win or a loss nor by stats, the awesome players who just want to play game and have fun with it. But unfortunately these are the players that often get slapped around by the better players, it's never an intentional act it's just that sometimes people get thrown into lobby's with people who out-skill them, there is no shame in being out-skilled it's just a fact of life. I like to think I'm an above average player and when I join a game and start carrying the match it is never personal, it's just that my playing ability is a bit faster than most.

It's just difficult when there is currently no way of matchmaking average/casual players with each other and the higher tier players with other higher tier players. If you want to play the game competitively and become a good player whether its Tryhard reg guns or sniping/QS'ing, it's your game your life your welcome to do so and as much as playing good players can make one rage I can always respect good skill. But realise there is no short-cut to that level of skill, it takes time and practise and then a lot more of it. If your not bothered by it then learn to live with the fact you will get into some games against people who will slap you around and that it's never really an intentional thing for them to do so, in 99% of circumstances it's not cheating/hacking/lag its just their skill level is naturally a step above yours. And don't feel the need to have a good K/D, the reality is NO ONE CARES, I've come up against people with great K/D's that I have made rage quit 5 mins into the game and I have played people with bad K/D's who have run rings around me and the people who make fun of bad K/D's just aren't worth the time listening to, it's very un-sporting.

IRL we have stadiums and playing fields that separate the pros from the casual, but with on-line games everyone is thrown onto the same pitch and sometimes you and your mates wanting a fun kick-about have to play against the top team trying to win the world cup. The best thing we can do is respect other players, take a loss as a loss, a death as a death and revel in the success of a win or a streak or even a quad feed and except that no matter what we will always experience both sides.

xxxharveystjockxxx

Used to really take this game serious. tweaking this and that.  BUT when finally realized the game plays little different on every connection...and it does...came to conclusion there really is no way to be the best you can as someone will always have a better or worse connection than you...all you can do is play for fun and enjoy it...

Yep and is why the game is crap and getting worse each installment as they cater more to that style of playing and allowing those vids on yt making even more players think it is cool the play that way.

nicedrewishfela

Really. Everyone, eh?

Be_sharp_Sabre

I dont give so much importance to the K/D

i like to play (depending on the gamemode)

Tactical

Objetive

I admit I camp, but not in corners i camp because i dont want to be killed by random bullets or by running like a headless chicken, Just strategy by using the assault streaks like the Derp Dog, I.M.S, Sentry Gun  or Loki.

Many players not all just want to get lot's of kills fast Exp and "most" important the K/D.

So CoD rigth now by IW is a free for all in the game modes (even in TDM) thats why i liked the treyarch CoD the reward you for playing like is what suposed to be.

The MOAB/KEM are meh i prefer the game ending Nuke i really like to see them back as 50 kill gun streak.

JetEye

There's a difference between camping and the strategic defending of a fixed position.  Campers typically sit in a corner and don't move the entire game, regardless if they are getting kills.  Strategic defending of a fixed position is sticking and moving, stick and move, you move from location to location, holding each position down as you tactically move about the map.  Nothing wrong with the later, but hardcore campers really bother me.

bhaveshpatel

YES I PLAY FOR K/D

idf7

Well my kd ratio is .76 but i think that the kd ratio does not matter.

WNSA

Not everyone shares your idea of fun. Why can't I play with multiple goals in mind? I have little trouble winning games while also playing for KEM Strikes and K/D.

Mochachaff

I feel like some type of compulsion to have a good k/d.. like i still mostly go for the objective but I do feel bad when I go like 6 and 15 in a domination.. tbh, Ive stopped playing ghosts because of the camping degenerates who play the game only for k/d and sniping clips.

Carvalho16

Clearly if people play COD for streaks they will be playing Black Ops II and not Ghosts.

iHattoriHanzo0

Some players don't have their priorities right. Play the game to get the kill. Play the game to get the win. The stats are just a reflection of you doing this. 

When players play for k/d, they are letting the stats dictate their way of play and thats when it isn't so respectable. Which is kinda funny because those players tend to wear their 3.0 k/d on their chest like its a some kind of symbol to praise them and gives them the right to talk junk. Very ugly.

None the less, it is just a game and players can and will play how they please. And be as ugly as they want. Unfortunately.

giphy-8.gif

Adeeez100

Unfortunately i kind of agree, just come off of a session on Mw3, three games in a row and the time limit expired, i guess that could fall under the making people rage part being as they were camping as though their life depended on it. Luckily this not affect me any more, but i can see how some people would not be so patient.

MonsieurTurmoil

Your list is why I believe Ghosts is quite brilliant because of it's top quality Local Play abilities.

I play happily for hours using....

5 Bots + me - mixed ability

6 Bots         - mixed ability

No boosters, cheaters, idiots, fan boys, French kids just in from school & 'rapping crap' nor the professional pillocks and generally weird people.

The way to play COD now imo is Local Play... it's just like on-line except it is genuine fun without the misery.

matuzz

You can always buy CoD1, UO and 2 to your PC and enjoy more mature community in skill based games.

TL_Bare_B_V2

But I don't make youtube videos... Is that where i'm going wrong?