8 Replies Latest reply: Mar 28, 2014 1:45 PM by BobbyMcGee RSS

strict nat...

BobbyMcGee

go and look on miiverse, the amount of strict nats posting 2+ kd's is sickening. you cant expect people to believe you dont know youve got an unfair advantage when every killcam shows you teleporting through the map? for christ sake, give me back my search options so i can filter out the garbage, its gotten quite ridiculous.

• Re: strict nat...
          WiimotesRus02

I don't understand, if I get a strict nat it doesn't give me any advantage at all. I just find I can't connect to my friends and have to reboot everything to get a mod nat..

BobbyMcGee

when you get killed by a teleporting player or dog you will understand. when you pump rds into them and get hitmarkers with no kill its obvious what is happening.

WiimotesRus02

BobbyMcGee wrote:

when you get killed by a teleporting player or dog you will understand. when you pump rds into them and get hitmarkers with no kill its obvious what is happening.

Yeah that happens to me all the time, all I'm saying is I never get an advantage if I play a strict nat, that's what I'm finding hard to understand

BobbyMcGee

yeah idk either. seems like if a really good player is used to a very bad connection they can use it to their advantage. even if they dont have some sort of advantage, its certainly puts me at a disadvantage especially since i mainly use marksmans. you get so used to 2-3 hit kills, then thats gone and you end up unable to ads on them properly due to teleporting, needing more rounds than usual and jamming your gun. marksmans are overly-prone to this, and i notice tons of hitmarkers on lagging players, on top of the fact they just turn and spray you down with a full-auto ar when the gun jams up. that or they float through my bullets and stab me, those times im getting hits but in the cam i dont even fire. when i see full parties i back out usually. people probably talk smack like im afraid, but ive pretty much seen the same clans, all partied up lagging like crazy, since it only compacts the problem, i tend to avoid them.

like2nap03

It's funny to me (for lack of a better word) that this also gives away how bad some players are.  It's quite obvious when these 2.0KDR players lose their lag advantage.  They still think they can just run through the map and gun people down.  So they have no tact and get their butt's kicked.  They would do better if they took it easy.  They either go 30-4 or they go negative. When I'm in a laggy lobby I avoid head-to-head gunfights.  I flank.  It's a struggle, but I almost always still break a 2.0 KDR.  The only time I leave (and thankfully this is rare) is when I get to the point where I shoot someone 6 times in the back, with a 3 shot kill weapon, and they just turn around and gun me down.  And it's not one guy.  It's the whole lobby.  I can handle one person having god mode.  I just avoid them, but when the entire lobby can just absorb my bullets then it's time to go.   Or on a few occasions, I fire 54 rounds with an LMG into someone before they die...or they just turn and kill me.  Not sure how it gets that bad.  Again I'm thankful that is very rare.