11 Replies Latest reply: Apr 9, 2014 7:01 PM by Jon_the_Chief RSS

Best use for Venom X?

DanDanielsonXx

I have been experimenting more and more with the Venom X lately seeing that we will likely be way more reliant on it for Mayday, why not learn as much as I can. So, I have found a few trends that I'd appreciate some feed back from the community on.

Firstly, this stuff is more useful than you can imagine and it is not in as short a supply as you would think. I have found that the more I use it... the more I see of it. Has anyone else noticed this while trying to get the 50 kill challenge? When I use it on hunters and scorpions especially, I get a return on the investment for sure. Next time you are camping a spawn in the warehouse try shooting some venom where they hit the ground. Do you walk away with a refill before you run out? Or is it a waste?

Second, the venom is amazing at giving cover and clearing the way. Need to clear the drill from a distance... no problem. A double shot and your good, not just from stopping the damage, the lingering cloud lasts long enough for a repair too. And, if a teammate is downed and still surrounded... Shoot him... then go in for the revive in the cover of the cloud. Best of all... if you're surrounded and about to go down... Shoot yourself! and run in a circle. All of these situations... I usually find a refill drop either in the wake of my cloud or almost immediately after.

Here's a challenge... the next time you have a few virgins in your squad and you are facing the breeder, try using your venom for defense rather than offense. It really changes the way the game plays and is a lot of fun. Put the rookies on the big guns and tell them to concentrate solely on the breeder and you go crazy with the venom to keep them clear.

I usually get refills on venom immediately, but I'm not sure if enough supply would drop if a whole squad was blasting away and picking up spare venom or if a squad should designate a "Venom Guy". This will need some testing, but there is no better time than now. Mayday is going to force us to get to know the benefits of Venom soon enough, why not get a head start?

Please post any and all trends you have noticed with the venom along with any tips and uses other than the obvious "bringing down the Breeder.". Also, please try my above challenges so we can see if you have the similar results.

All the best,

DanDanielsonXx

• Re: Best use for Venom X?

I have heard that when attempting the 50 kill challenge for the Venom X that waiting for the meteors to drop in the final breeder area is a good way to rake in the kills. If you drop a batch of those seekers with it, I find that they often leave venom ammo on the ground as well.

I think it goes without saying that the Venom X is also wonderful for dropping Rhinos in a hurry. I wouldn't really use it for Phantoms as that leads to wasted shots with the frequent teleporting.

Another great time to use it is when you see a gang of Cryptids crawling out of the windows in the Weapons Facility. You can clean up a whole group as they enter the map for a gang of money, kills toward the achievement, and surely more Venom ammo.

DanDanielsonXx

Yup J... that is exactly what I was trying to say when talking about shooting the ground were they enter the map. I always get a refill when I get multiple kills with a single shot there, or so it seems. Maybe that could be a rule that we are finding out. Do they drop venom every time you get multiple kills with a single shot?

Contrary to your style... I actually use the venom on phantoms all the time. Its a one shot kill if you land it. I just wait for them to attack a teammate where they are not hopping around or I shoot the floor when they are biting me... problem solved.

J we have to hook up before the Mayday release. I'll be online tonight at my usual 10:30-11pm.

Hope to see you online brotha.

What timezone are you in? I'm up for anything, I have been working on trying to beat my 330k NF score. The other night I thought I had the team to do it with (all max rank), lol nope. It was a less than impressive run even though we finished it, lots of downs and poor teamwork lol. I actually still need to do that 50 kill challenge as well, I just have been running max relics for so long I can never get the weapon lol. Maybe I will go easy mode tonight and not use any relics.

bobbyowens

Most economical gun in the game. Free gun + free ammo = free money. In solo, I keep it full most of the time. I'll spam it if an alien drops ammo (any alien, people are still saying you have to get it from scorpions, the wiki even said that not long ago) and then refill it. If a rhino spawns or I get in a sticky situation, I'll use it. In co-op I use it a lot. Enough to empty the reserve so when a drop comes I can just grab it and not waste ammo. I've spammed it in that case in co-op games before but sometimes people will pick it up and you're left empty.

easily my favorite gun but i use it more for groups of hunters since it will collect on them when they run threw it...i dont really use the venom x outside anymore unless people go down and its my emergency gun

I_Steal_Boxes

I agree with both your points. The venom-x ammo drops pretty often and it's a very good weapon for crowd control. I have used it defensively during the final breeder fight like you mention, but I usually prefer to use it on the breeder to get platinum escapes. It probably will play a bigger role in Mayday, where each player ideally wants to have a different "version" of the new venom-x.

DanDanielsonXx

I finally got a chance to try out a full team of using venom x at the same time. Here are some things that I have noticed.

- Scorpions are definitely not the only types of Cryptids that drop venom ammo, but... they do seem to drop it more often than all the others. We witnessed Rhinos, hunters and even scouts dropping the goods.

- Multiple kills with a single shot of either venom or a grenade turret does not automatically result in a venom drop. Actually, traps seemed to produce the most drops.

- Lastly... more people using venom does not seem to result in more venom for the whole team. I found that venom drops were less frequent than when I would hold down a spawn with only me blasting away. This leads me to believe that there is a finite amount of venom that will drop during a single drill and quite possibly the whole game... so rationing is probably the best option for the team.

Anyone else notice anything?

I'm pretty disappointed by the results of the team all using it at the same time.

In gaming I have found that "random" is rarely random.

Everything seems random until you figure out the pattern... then its just more knowledge to add to the bank.

All the best,

DanDanielsonXx

Bright side: I did find an interesting trend for locker keys that I posted about in my locker key thread... if anyone is interested in testing it further please add what you find.

I like running the fire x gun, it seems to have a little more distance to it then the electric one. Its also easier to take seeders down with it given the range of the flames.. I think they are all decent except the purple one that one is crap. Everyone I have played with on Mayday says its crap as well. To each their own, everyone has their fav's...

Jon_the_Chief

Venom X is possibly the best gun for Mayday. I used the Venom X on Hardcore Solo Mayday running 3 relics(mortal, smaller wallet and take more damage). Got number 1 in the world for xbox one. Venom X can get enough kills in solo with 4 shots to spawn a refill of ammo. If you time your shots right and pace yourself, it could kill everything for you without you needing to spend any money on ammo.