30 Replies Latest reply: Apr 5, 2014 4:13 AM by dblstandards RSS

Avoiding Issues

SilentGhostTnSg

So I jumped in a lobby and there was a full clan on the other team. The game started and within the first two minutes of the game they're up 42 to 8. They were cmping the $h!t out of our spawn.... had us completely trapped. The game ended 75 to 22... I went positive so I wasn't really concerned about the loss... The second game starts and they do the exact same thing... Spawn camping like crazy so I backed out. Go to find another game and it throws me back into the same spawn camped lobby. I back out again and avoid every member of the opposing team. Look for another game and get thrown into the same game. I say screw it and play it out. The game ends and I back out and wait a few minutes. When I go to find another game I get thrown into a game that has already started and it's against the same clan that I avoided. I didn't report them or anything I just backed out, made sure they were all avoided and started looking for more games. SIX TIMES IN A ROW AFTER THAT IT THREW ME IN THE SAME GAME AGAINST THE SAME CLAN even though they were all avoided!! The avoid option has always worked before.

I just didn't want to be in a group that was constantly spawn camping. I mean you couldn't take one step out of the spawn without getting shot. The couple times I just happened to spawn behind them I'd take one step and get killed by an IED.

It's players like that who make the game so horrible. I just turned my console off and get on here to vent....

• Re: Avoiding Issues
          gramthenOOb

Yeah, that's always rough.  Its happened to me a couple of times.  If I get dropped in more than three times, I pick a different game mode.  I may not be playing the game mode I originally wanted, but at least it's not the same lobby.

EJKHunter

What the other guy, gramthenOOb, said - if that happens too many times, play a game in a different gametype, then go back to your original... considering you had them all avoided, and even waited for periods of time, it feels like there was a glitch in the matchmaking server which was reserving a spot in that lobby for you - things like that happen.. once you get into a different gametype match, it forces that reservation out and it won't happen again...

servers are fickle things and do rather stupid things sometimes lol

Im_Old_School

I'm gonna show my ignorance here but how do you "avoid" certain players after you back out of a game? 

JasonFantastic

It has always seemed moronic to me that if a player backs out of a lobby intentionally then immediately tries to join another lobby that sometimes they can be dropped back in the same one.  Especially if the game is already in progress because then you take how many losses by continuing to back out of the same match?  Seems like they should be able to code the matchmaking to say hey this player intentionally just left this lobby, let's put them in any other lobby but this one.  It's not rocket science.

CallofDookie2014

Most players/people will take any unfair advantage given them...I blame InfinityBored. This is not their first time making a CoD title. Even if it was it would still be a poor excuse. Seems like all that time adding fish AI, Riley and the lighting into the game didnt pay off so much...

Bmac223

I don't think it's a IW problem. You get put into matches that have the best connection, so wouldn't that be a MS problem?

DalekonDrugs

Same here, I play Blitz usually solo sometimes with a friend or 2 to play the objective, most the time my team is awful and I go against 6 man teams who only spawn trap. I hate it so much.

ForeignAllies

dont play solo then...
                        choose another game mode for a game or two so their lobby fills up

what game mode are you talking about tdm?? you cant really spawn camp it properly

if you're the kind that backs out then presses AAAAAA then stop your ADHD impulses its your fault you get put into the same game

Sledgehammer23248

I Play solo also, not all of us have full parties to play with.  i don't play against full parties. I do t mind 2 or 3 but more than that I just back out. Mostly because they will spawn camp you into boredom.  like a previous poster said, anyone will take whatever advantage they can. And playing in a full party is their advantage. I would just back out and play a round of TDM and then go back to my mode

idyb

I've never really been spawn trapped except for Octane Strip club on occasion and maybe bottom logside of Prison Break. I play solo most of the time myself, but it's usually not that hard to break from spawn.

Sledgehammer23248

Not hard?  Then you've NEVER been spawn camped before line the op is stating.  Example, strike zone, guy sits in a corner by A, you spawn to his left or right, he is aiMing right at you... You're mowed down in LESS than 2 seconds... Your player cant take 1 SINGLE step without being shot.  It's a glitch they exploit... It's cheating and their consoles should be banned IMO.

AntiGov

I never understood why they allow players that quit to immediately search for another game. They should not be allowed to search for another match until the one they quit out of is complete. I can understand if they were disconnected but if they select "quit" they should have to wait.   

SilentGhostTnSg

And why is that?

AntiGov

And why is what? You choose to quit the game and abandon your team, you should have to wait until the team you abandoned has finished the match. Why shouldn't it be that way?

Have bad teammates? Make friends or play something that's not so team oriented like TDM.

Getting your ass kicked in the game? Suck it up buttercup.

SilentGhostTnSg

LOL This was TDM and though I was in a team of randoms I have several friends to play with lol. None were on at the time. There's no abandoning a team if there's no chance in winning. If I was the only one getting spawn trapped and my "team" was only a few down, I wouldn't leave the game. Our whole team was trapped in the castle, couldn't get 2 steps from where we spawned without getting shot. I'm not going to sit there and killed over and over and destroy the K/D I've worked hard to get. THAT is retarded.... I can tell you're probably the type of player to sit and kill people as soon as they spawn and say gay $h!t like "suck it up buttercup" when you get back in the lobby lol.

AntiGov

I don't really care why you quit, my point is that you should have to wait until the match is over to find another game. You did abandon your team, you quit. You're a quitter and that's your choice. I've always been an advocate of "taking your loss" but even if I was quitter I'd still say that I should have to wait until the match is over before finding a new game. I actually find it quite humorous that you keep getting put back into the same game that you quit out of, I call that justice.

Seeing as how I play SnD/SnR exclusively it would be really hard for me to "spawn trap" the enemy team. I personally take pride in the fact that I have been making children go to bed early, angry at that, for the 6 or so years I have been playing SnD. Nothing better than seeing the infamous "transmission error" next to someone's gamertag after killing them 4 rounds in a row.

JasonFantastic

Well you don't seem to be very friendly.  Are you one of those players that likes to tell people in the lobby how they are terrible and call them garbage until they leave?   Frankly I think everyone should leave when a player like that gets in the lobby.  Then they can play with them self.  

AntiGov

Actually I'm quite the opposite, I let my gameplay speak for itself. I enjoy shutting up trash talking children without even saying a word. That's when you know that you have taken them to a new level of pissed off.

PatMoran

Cool, you're good at SnR. You want some medal? In this situation, getting penalized for quitting is just dumb. If you cant get out of your spawn when some nerd clan who no life the game 24/7 traps you while you just come on to play casually, youre telling me I should get penalized for quitting out of a blow out match that has no benefit to me whatsoever to find another match? This isnt league play in BO2, its pubs. Casual, fun, pubs. Youre a complete moron to say "suck it up buttercup" LOL. COD veteran doesnt even know common knowledge of COD. Impressive.

AntiGov

I didn't say that he should be penalized for quitting, I said he shouldn't be able to search for another match until that one is over. That's not a punishment, he opted to join the match and then opted to leave it. I could understand, somewhat, if he said that he had joined in progress to begin with. If you enter a lobby, see your opponents and teammates prior to the match starting then you accepted it and should see it through.

SilentGhostTnSg

Not being able to join another game until the match you backed out of WOULD BE penalizing the player. But there isn't any point in arguing over it. For one, I understand the point you're trying to make, I just disagree with it. And it seems everyone else does also... Secondly, what you're proposing will never happen... So let's all drop the hostility. That's not what I intended when I originally posted this... AntiGov is entitled to his opinion just as we are ours...

AntiGov

How exactly would that be penalizing you? You search for a match, find it and play. If you quit, you search for a match again after yours is over. I know it will never be like that, this is the era of the casual. I bet that by 2020  we won't even have a winner or loser. It's bad enough now that you can't even run out of lives in single player games anymore. Most games even allow you to skip sections you're stuck on. Why? Because of people like "you".

/thread

Thanks

Derskull

FIrst of all, it makes you seem like a pretentious douche when you end the thread on your own accord, and secondly, video games are made for people like him. You are the outlier. You are different.

AntiGov

Developers used to focus more on the actual gameplay rather than dump millions of dollars into player investment research. You know what used to actually drive gamers to play video games? It wasn't so they could play barbie and dress up their character. It was because the games where actually challenging and the only reward you received was actually completing it to make it to the next level. Contra is a really good example, the game was one the hardest games I have ever played. It was fun because you actually had something to lose if you died. It wasn't like the linear story driven games that are spoon fed to you today.

Long story short, video games used to be made for gamers and now they're not.

For a better explanation of my views I suggest you watch this video. It summarizes how I view the industry really well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7VAhzPcZ-s

dblstandards

Unfortunately, there seems to be way too much of this type of stuff happening. If its not spawn trapping, then its people glitching, or hacking. Really, when u think about it, its not like there are any repurcussions to cheating in this game. Ghosts kind of feels like a ghetto game that nobody seems to want to fix because doing so would be to admit error. Oh well.

NahIKampfRochen

I don't like quitting either, i looked at it like a chance to learn new positions etc but i reconsidered, that i don't push gankers stats by letting myself get downed in any possible way.

@Topic
                                                            I've been more or less "lucky", because i had that few games, but i saw a video (during MW3 or BO2 time) about a team ganking on a MW2 match and i got mad.

This spawn mechanics need to be reworked bad.

I know this could be called overpowered, but a simple 10 sec. immortality inside a radius of x yards from the spawning position may chance the advantage.

ShadowsoftheDamned

Yep. I've been put in the same lobby with people I avoided before, too. I went to recent players and it showed a frowny face so I know that I avoided them properly.