44 Replies Latest reply: Apr 11, 2014 3:31 AM by FaclonPower98 RSS

30 k on xbone?

Did IW recently start giving away copys of ghosts??? Lol either way its nice to see more than 4k online and only finding one lobby or running into that same party of 6 all the time

• Re: 30 k on xbone?
          matuzz

Maybe its the double xp

iHattoriHanzo0

Agree. Hey if thats what it takes.....do it.

Lower the price of the game, free trials on dlc, double xp, dlc weapons before release..... Its really nothing new but a much needed boost to keep the connectivity and matchmaking working well for some places.

I think people are selling their ghosts discs cheap. Bunch available on auction sites. My friend picked one up for under $20.

WilliamCL57

No. Titanfall rush is over and people are slowling coming back. Titanfall is a great game, but lacks a competitive nature.

exactly the titanfall euphoria is fading and people are coming back to call of duty because its multiplayer is much more substantial and offers better replay value despite all the hate.

zvers

Better value? I don't think that's the reason. I've been a CoD junky since the first one on PC. Played on PS3, 360 and now I am on one. They both have replay value. Simply put, they are two different games. You play them in different ways. Both can get repetitive so your statement about replay value is not accurate.

It just depends on what kind of experience you want.

Almost 40k online today. I'd say a lot of people tried the game + dlc, and somewhat enjoyed it. Like the two guys above me said, Titanfall is going away. Believe it or not, it actually takes me literally a full 5 minutes to get into a pre-game lobby. My guess is that everyone who bought the TF bundle also bought CoD, tried the demo, saw CoD Champs, etc, and the game is finally being given a chance.

lorider33

I see 30k plus quite often, coming from the Wii U and only seeing 2000 on a good day I was quite impressed.

rarely see it under 10k even late late at night

WilliamCL57

The long lobby timers plus having a Matchmaking system that works via Collective team skill (speaking of Titanfall) rather than individual balance is a real downer. Pilot k/d in TF in 8.2 and my team is negative 90% of the time. If I don't turn it up, we lose nearly every time. I hate that feeling. The only time I enjoy it is when I'm recording a live comm for my YT channel because it makes it more immersive. Without that though, I get bored very easy when trying to just chill and play a few rounds. However in Cod, there is so many different weapon / loadout permutations and map/gametype combo's and play styles that you can change between that make it hard to do everything. Which is what a game needs to stay fresh. Took me 2 weeks to start burning out on TF and Cod usually lasts the year with a break here and there. People have started to realize they are just going through the same motions and coming back to cod is the logical choice when they want some variety.

That skill playlist, I think, is just a placebo playlist. I played with a friend and we literally won 20/20 games. I counted. But the normal playlists.. It takes me 5 whole minutes to get into a game. I think the game is REALLY good.. I just don't think it's the game people want. People want a semi-realistic shooter. Although the wallrunning is crazy fun, and titans are awesome, it's not realistic. At least in CoD, you can somewhat say "wow, this could be like a real life scenario." Attack choppers are real. Dogs are real. Dropping to the ground while shooting is somewhat real. I just think that CoD has that much more realism that keeps people coming back. Because after all, who doesn't want to be a super-soldier that isn't afraid to take on 6 guys at once

FaclonPower98

When the onslaught DLC first came out I saw 54,000 online, that was the highest i've seen it at.

Maybe it will reach around the same when Devastation comes out on Thursday but I doubt it as titanfall has a steady amount of players.

stumpsigpi

I believe it is a combination of the 2xp and TF game.  TF for me is horrible, absolutely horrible. Bouncing around like an idiot, no front lines, but that is why I love me some cod.

Xx67Customs

It is 2XP, Titanfall people are coming back some, and clans are practicing some for the upcoming clan wars. Plus, they have been offering very discounted prices for Ghosts.

All of that equals 5-10k more on peak hours during the weekend. However, last night, there were only 25K. Which was about normal for a Monday night. So...

D3adlyg0d

Double xp gets a lot of people online.

Back to having a hard time finding a match on core dom.

Malacath

Yeah I've seen times when there are only 8000 people playing COD.

But then there is a lot of competition for online games on the x1. Both Titanfall and PvZ are popular games that compete for the online population.

I'm sure things will improve when the next COD is out as there will be far more x1s in circulation by then.

I think you will see the CoD online population grow over the next couple months. The Xbox one has been reported to have sold nearly 600K Titanfall bundles since it's release. A large mass of those players will surely pick of CoD used or new and add to the player base daily over the next couple months in my opinion.

I play both games regularly. Ghosts flat out has more staying power and has more to offer with in game content. So I think that will help the population out a lot in the very very near future.

Not anymore. Now its worse. Claims over 1000 players in core dom but for the last half hour all I get is "no games found". The numbers claimed on screen are B.S.

RayOldGuy

Because of a power failure, I got the day off yesterday, and for the first time I got a “game not found” message! Not, we are talking about 8:00 am on a Wednesday, in a work week, with no Spring break or other school vacations. HCKC showed 150 people in the playlist. I have never seen anything below 500 before.

So – I really do feel for you. But so it would not be a loss, I went in and started a new campaign game. Speaking of which, wouldn’t it be great to have a multi shot grenade launcher that had the option for delayed detonation? Also, the remote sniper is fantastic! Just think of the possibilities. If we thinking camping is a problem now, what would it be like with the ability to provide your own cover, or to sit back in a less traveled spot and lock down a high travel area.

lukedorian30

more likely 19k on the xbox one its unplayable

I see close to 50k on almost every day. 35k seems to be the number it generally stays at, and the least amount I've seen is 19k. And lately it rarely gets below 25k.

Where are all these player at? Appearently not on the west coast. Where do I have to move to get a game? The east coast, or GB?

I live in Central US. I'm on from noon until 9pm, depending on how much school work I have and if I have to work that day. Since CoD Champs I've never seen less than 19k on at any given point, and I've seen in get up to almost 50k since the DLC released

I see the little numbers on the screen, just not the players in the matches. Maybe they are counting all platforms? Either way, if you want to play, don't be on the west coast with a xbox one and ghosts.

i just bought the xbone.  I have not opened the box.  All i play is HCore.  I are there enough players in the lobbies to warrant playing this on xbone.  I continue to read about wait times to play matches and playing on foreign servers (i am in las vegas).  A little insight from my fellow Hcore players please....

No, it's not counting all platforms. I was on the ps4 and xbone at the same time, and xbox had about 35k while the ps4 had about 10k more at 46k. I think it counts the total number of people on Ghosts at that given time, no matter if they're playing MP, Extinction, or sitting at the main menu. That's why numbers are just a tad bit lower than what the world map actually says.

admunday

I saw 42k at the weekend.  I had to clean the TV as assumed it was smudged and distorting the real number!.

Possibly just a 'new DLC + clan wars' peak, or maybe the increase in xbox sales due to tianfall has led to more people picking up ghosts as well and playing it?  Who knows!

starbuckfrack

Devaststion maps as well as the COD beta that was out (wasnt there a beta ? )

Add on the fact that the Titanfall bundle technically was 100 dollars cheaper (450 minus Titanfall = 390) then add in NOW one year of XBL Gold brings the cost down to around 330 for the console plus 60 for TF and 60 for 1 year XBL.

Makes me sad I impatiently got it a month before TF came out

Now add to that, that it LOOKS like a 360 emulator could be on its way. Glad I kept all my games, be nice to see how that turns out.

8:00pm and im posting on this forum instead of playing because there is not 1 game of core dom. This is pathetic.

JetEye

A lot of people picked up Ghosts with their Titanfall bundle.  Pair that with the release of Devastation (which is the best map pack in a long while) and you've got a population spike.  I love Titanfall, but Devastation has me hooked.