18 Replies Latest reply: Apr 1, 2014 1:29 PM by trialstardragon RSS

Thermobaric

IndyOldGuy

Ok sorry if this was discussed before, but how does a 'tactical' grenade kill you when you have full health?

• Re: Thermobaric
          rankismet

When it's a neat idea porrly executed.

newm8n

Yea in hc its like having 2 lethals, i see alot of ied thermos.

Because it does heat damage to damage your armor and the amount it does is above what hc life is set at. In core it wont kill you unless allready damaged, but will hurt you enough that 1-2 rounds less is needed to kill someone.

It is basically the anti BV for hc if you dont want to use AP rounds on your weapon.

scotland-rules

To be fair the reason its unlikely to be patched is because it would be like reducing the Grande  Launcher so that it has the same effects as core.

IndyOldGuy

this was in core, and it did kill me at full health, so .....?

phxs72

You might have taken some simultaneous bullet damage.  And it could have pinging you in the head before it went off.  Both of which do damage but I'd think that you would still need some other damage to die from it.  I know that from time to time I've thought that the lethal got me when the kill cam showed me actually getting shot even though I didn't feel it in game.

ChronoZombie

I've been killed at full health by thermobarics in core, too, and I was definitely not being shot at, nor hit by it directly.  Direct hits in this game don't do as much damage as they did in BO2.  I used to kill injured enemies all the time with a well thrown flashbang- I think they did 10-15 damage, but in this game I believe it is 1.  Either way, it isn't enough for the the thermobaric's low damage to finish someone off.

nicedrewishfela

Read my thoughts.

I don't understand how a TACTICAL... let me repeat that... TACTICAL grenade is the most lethal grenade in the game.

I can only speak for HC, but if one lands anywhere remotely close to me, I die. Yet I  have landed Frags just as close to enemies and gotten hit markers, or no results at all. The stickies, while good, have a tiny blast radius,

Yet the Thermobaric Grenades kill me instantly, no matter how far away from them I get.

What makes it worse, the Extra Tactical Perk (+1) is HALF the cost of the Extra Lethal Perk (+2). Anyone who has ever created a class on this game can tell you that one point can make a HUGE difference.

I shake my head every time I get killed by one of these.

Izjar11

IndyOldGuy wrote:

Ok sorry if this was discussed before, but how does a 'tactical' grenade kill you when you have full health?

it works well in HC, not core.

The only times I have gotten a kill with Thermobaric alone is when I got a direct impact with the grenade and then it detonated and then the barrel next to him exploded. I use it as a 1-2 punch with another explosive (usually a semtex, under-barrel grenade launcher and secondary explosive) According to the game guide, it does 50 damage to enemy or killstreaks and makes your explosive up to 85% more lethal for up to 5 seconds after getting tagged with a thermobaric. When you get one of these 1-2 punch kills it will show a flame icon in your HUD (similar to the ones you see for recon, blast shield or tac resist) Pair a thermobaric with a semtex and use the reflex and danger close perks with this and you will be able to clear out most objective points or camping spots easily. Reflex allows to throw them back to back quickly and danger close increases the output of your explosives and cancels out the blast shield perk. Juggernauts, ballistic vests and blast shield users will be easy to deal with. If you want to have a specific anti equipment/armor loadout; add AP rounds and sit-rep.