1 2 3 Previous Next 51 Replies Latest reply: Apr 5, 2014 3:09 AM by Sledgehammer23248 RSS

Has Ghosts lived up to it's pre release hype to YOU?

myevo8you

Just a simple question. PLEASE no comments hating on others OPINIONS. Just yes or no, with a BRIEF description as to why or why not.

• 1. Re: Has Ghosts lived up to it's pre release hype to YOU?

Didn't really pay attention to the hype, but I really like the direction Activision took with Ghosts. Rewards a variety of playstyles, made killstreaks less impactful, overall very good balance. Fix the lag issues and include DLC maps in the regular rotation with less delay and I would be close to 100% satisfied.

• 2. Re: Has Ghosts lived up to it's pre release hype to YOU?
            highlandsparky

It hasn't for me...Last years release was disappointing, but for me this one is worse...There's zero fun factor as far as I'm concerned. I've borrowed it a couple of times from a friend, and get bored very quickly...This will be the first CoD, I'll not even make one full prestige.

Some you win some you lose.. I enjoyed all the previous installments up until the last two.

• 3. Re: Has Ghosts lived up to it's pre release hype to YOU?
              f1r3dra90n

I agree with Slopat on this one. I really didn't pay attention to the hype, it was the next in the COD series so it was an obvious choice.  I enjoy the single player campaigns for the story line and to also get used to the controls - then get in to the multiplayer after completing on at least Hardened.  For MP there is a good mix between large maps for sniping and small maps for running/gunning.  I think most of my lag comes from my location and the fact I am playing on a 1mb 3g wifi connection.  Makes even surfing the forums a pain!   I hope to find better Internet at my next post....  Overall though I am satisfied with the game.

• 4. Re: Has Ghosts lived up to it's pre release hype to YOU?
                matuzz

Considering I didn't hype this game at all and didn't expect anything special. Yes.

• 5. Re: Has Ghosts lived up to it's pre release hype to YOU?
                  idyb

It exceeded my expectations. Mechanics are improved and there is more freedom in creating your class than ever before. Campaign would have been better with more Riley missions, but other than that I think Infinity Ward did a good job.

• 6. Re: Has Ghosts lived up to it's pre release hype to YOU?
                    FaclonPower98

Yes. The campaign is one of the best i've played in COD. The multiplayer is so different from previous installments. I love squads safeguard, so hectic along with extinction too, I love that it has a story within itself as well.

It's also a really balanced game in terms of weapons and killstreaks.

• 7. Re: Has Ghosts lived up to it's pre release hype to YOU?
                      matuzz

One of the best campaigns?

http://maryihmemaassa.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/tumblr_lon8a5mzrf1qghguio1_500.gif?w=584

• 8. Re: Has Ghosts lived up to it's pre release hype to YOU?
                        EJKHunter

that's a subjective opinion, if he found it one of the best than that's a win in his book

I didn't count it among the very best or the very worst... that's still held by MW3 as far as I'm concerned...

My favorite will always be a toss up between WaW and the first Black Ops, but I enjoy psychological thrill rides and plots that mess with standardized lines of thinking

these IW CoD's are far more A to B, Michael Bay'ish in presentation storyline wise, which are fun, but will never be among the very best of Call of Duty in terms of plotline.. Ghosts here actually tried to combine a bit of that psychological, but it was a bit too cookie cutter predictable for my taste lol

• 9. Re: Has Ghosts lived up to it's pre release hype to YOU?
                          FaclonPower98

Yes. Had lots of diversity between each of the campaign levels. The start of the story battling in space, did you do that in any of the previous instalments? Riley's involvement in the levels brought a whole new way of gameplay. And it was just awesome in the level where the whole map got completely flooded. Another thing, have you ever battled underwater in previous COD's? No you've only swam never fought underwater like in ghosts, being stealthy or avoiding shark attacks. Also there has NEVER been a campaign mission which involves fighting in tanks, and that mission was pretty fun I do have to say shooting in the tanks then back in space and in the sky shooting highlighted areas. The last mission was also gripping, running on a moving train, fighting your way to Rorke, then after a confrontation, engulfed in water in which the game then gives you a sense of pride and accomplish, btw the visuals are great at the end, then it takes it all away and leaves the game on a cliffhanger.

1 2 3 Previous Next