15 Replies Latest reply: Apr 4, 2014 7:20 AM by malditor RSS

Ghosts Lag

ImJiiive

Will the Lag ever get fixed?

• Re: Ghosts Lag

u mean lag or fps drops? i didn't experience that much lag...but fps drops is terrible..

this game has been unplayable for me since last night....every death an insta kill and lobbys full of bullet sponges and bad frame rates....its about time the devs recognised there is a problem with this game instead of giving us" its your connection BS".The matchmaking in this game definately contributes to the problem.Im forever being thrown into games full of French players and the lag is horrendous

I live in Vancouver, BC. Lately it's been bad.

When me and my friends play, the LAG is BAD...8/10 games will lag. Getting 1 shot and not getting hit markers when my aim is clearly on them is annoying and frustrating.

We've never had issues with previous versions of COD.

Definitely not going to get the future DLC if this lag continues.

I would like a rep from Activision to get on here and explain. I have been playing on both systems.  I played on the 3 for the first few weeks that the game was released and then went to the 4 as soon as it was released. Hated the game play and went back to the 3.  Just started playing on the 4 again since Monday and I still hate it. There IS so much lag and frame rate issues.  I run and gun and on the 4 I take 2 to 5 strides and wham I'm stopped and readjusted.  I use lightweight and marathon as perks and just can't move. I am an average player and usually run 1.8 to 2.2 on the 3 but can't even get to 1.5 on the 4 with most deaths via WTF moments.

kuljuarenot

Lag and latency are two different things, as are frame rate drops, which have been bad lately for some reason, but usually clear up early into a match for me.  The matchmaking for this game is not great, I believe due to the low number of people playing.  I play on ps4 and I've never seen more than 75k people online.  The game for me is unplayable unless I "dumb" down my internet.  I know people will say that this doesn't work, but whatever, it works for me, you want proof I'll show you.  If I run my internet at full speed which is about 20 mb dl and 5 upload, it is absolutely brutally unplayable, unlike anything I've ever experienced in a cod game, EVERY TIME.  Reduce my download speed and upload speed to kilobytes instead of megabytes, its a totally different game.

bagsta69

I have the same issue and thought I would do a small test. I played for a week with the best connection I can get which is 20 down 5 up and a ping of 30 ms to the south of France, (I live in UK).

Not very good gaming experience at all. Not too bad when playing solo but in a party of two or more horrendous.

Change my upload only to 426 kbps, the game is a different game. Still more difficult in a party of two or more but still playable.

I know it makes no sense but this is what I have experienced over the space of more than 3 or 4 days testing.

I also know there are other variables and am aware that for some people with great fast connections the game plays great but for me I have to throttle my upload.

The difference is like night and day, full speed most games I will be lucky to get a kdr of above 0.5 (tdm and kc)

throttled I am averaging a kdr of 1+

Not very scientific but just my observations.

Cheers Happy hunting.

my fps issues is so bad.. I got fps drops at every matches and throughout the matches as well

DonnieJ80

Suffering from horrendous lag compensation since the update.. [the whole magazine not killing someone and getting downed by a running enemy just looking at you type thing]. anyone else??

Nitro9x

After the update yesterday, horrible lag and drops from game.  Also frame rate issues are the worst they have ever been.  I have a 34mb down and 5.6 up.  This is truly unacceptable!

Raketti

ImJiiive wrote:

Will the Lag ever get fixed?

Expect it to get worse as the game gets older, less people play it and the DLC will divide the players into smaller pools. The game did run pretty good on the 4 for me until they started patching it in late January, now it's way too inconsistent and filled with shoot first and die type of gameplay and other WTF-situations.

This is purely speculation, but i wouldn't be surprised if the recent lag problem would be caused by looser matchmaking criteria so that the people with bad connections who live in the middle of nowhere can also get into lobbies.... Sure does feel like it when you see more and more people skipping and teleporting across the map, and see people from the opposite edges of Europe as well as from different continents in the same lobbies all the time.

There's nothing we can do, you either take it or stop playing. I've stopped almost completely and only play a few times a week, or less.

malditor

Typically I get the shoot first/die first more when playing in parties and less when I play solo. I seriously doubt that most of the games I play are on dedicated servers though because there is too much variation from game to game even staying in the same lobby.