1 2 3 Previous Next 73 Replies Latest reply: Apr 25, 2014 1:08 PM by Izjar11 RSS

Whats it mean (to you) to be Good at Ghost.

Izjar11

COD,

Many who come here are not shy to speak about their "issues" or "complaints" about the game without mentioning themselves in the after math. So it leaves allot to the readers imagination, that perhaps the person who complains allot is simply bad at the game (this is just from reading so many complaints). But what about the player themselves, what do we know about you or how you play or what you do and do not do in the game?

So I ask this from you:

What three qualities (do you) think a player should posses to be a good COD Ghost player? < keep it within three so we dont lose focus>

Mine are:

1- Accuracy or hand eye coordination (cause you have eyes and hands)

2- Common sense (which is not very common)

3- Map Awareness or Map learning

- Please keep this conversation clean, its not a who style is legit or better thing!

• 1. Re: Whats it mean (to you) to be Good at Ghost.
          sennalike

1. Agree with hand eye coordination, sideline being eyesight is critical. You have to be able to spot the smallest. of change or movement on the screen. I often wind myself up when spectating, shouting at the screen 'he's there!' but they just don't see the enemy. I probably do the same!

2. Luck. An awful lot of people judge others on their stats. Personally I dont, but if you do then you have to see the bigger picture and realise luck in terms of connection, matchmaking, selecting the right class for both the map and enemy all play a part in the outcome. Many factors you have little or no control over, so luck must have a part to play.

3. Knowing you limits. Too many don't and suffer through bad set ups because they think they know better. If you have your sensitivity set wrong you're going to pay for it, and most of the time you wont realise its the cause of bad play and blame something else.

• 2. Re: Whats it mean (to you) to be Good at Ghost.
            Izjar11

sennalike wrote:

1. Agree with hand eye coordination, sideline being eyesight is critical. You have to be able to spot the smallest. of change or movement on the screen. I often wind myself up when spectating, shouting at the screen 'he's there!' but they just don't see the enemy. I probably do the same!

2. Luck. An awful lot of people judge others on their stats. Personally I dont, but if you do then you have to see the bigger picture and realise luck in terms of connection, matchmaking, selecting the right class for both the map and enemy all play a part in the outcome. Many factors you have little or no control over, so luck must have a part to play.

3. Knowing you limits. Too many don't and suffer through bad set ups because they think they know better. If you have your sensitivity set wrong you're going to pay for it, and most of the time you wont realise its the cause of bad play and blame something else.

Good ones Senna,

2- I really like what you write, the elimination of doubt by not paying attention to stats will make a difference. But your right, luck has some role. I have the strangest luck, it seems that I pause to gauge my surroundings, I wait look, wait a few seconds more, than...the moment I decide to move the enemy appear and im gone! LOL happens far too often...strange luck.

3- Another very good one, something many should take into consideration when playing.

Thank you for the responses.

• 3. Re: Whats it mean (to you) to be Good at Ghost.
              ShocKuMzzz

I agree with 1 and 3.

I would also add reflexes (also known as reaction time) and instincts.

Call of Duty is a game of milliseconds, so it's important to be able to locate an enemy and quickly get your sights on him. Also, just having basic instincts like the ability to press the melee button when an enemy is within range, or knowing which gun to use in a certain situation.

Also, gametype knowledge is just as important as map knowledge. Can't tell you how many times I play SnD and just scratch my head at what my teammates are doing.

• 4. Re: Whats it mean (to you) to be Good at Ghost.
                rankismet
                1. Flexibility
                2. Adaptability
                3. Anticipation

My three... but I completely agree with your 3rd point.

• 5. Re: Whats it mean (to you) to be Good at Ghost.
                  DocChoi

1. being stealthy, the game is called GHOSTS. Whether that's running a silenced weapon, dead silence, using takedown etc. being able to avoid detection is huge in this game especially with the huge maps.

2. map knowledge, knowing where the good flank routes are for a given map and also knowing where the enemy will likely spawn at any given time.

3. accuracy. Being accurate will almost ensure you get the first shot across in a gun fight, the more accurate you are, the more ammo you save and will help if you need to take out 3-4 guys in quick succession without reloading.

• 6. Re: Whats it mean (to you) to be Good at Ghost.
                    Izjar11

Yup, reflexes is more or less what I was going after on "hand eye coordination" meaning how quickly we react to something is how well we can survive, hide, run, duck, shoot back.

• 7. Re: Whats it mean (to you) to be Good at Ghost.
                      Izjar11

rankismet wrote:

1. Flexibility
                      2. Adaptability
                      3. Anticipation

My three... but I completely agree with your 3rd point.

I like anticipation, good players simply have this down, and they use it to their advantage. One thing us COD players have is a routine to each map, we all tend to go a certain way in the first seconds because its whats worked, what happens is after awhile others learn (through dying) that same pattern. Good players, learn routines quickly

• 8. Re: Whats it mean (to you) to be Good at Ghost.
                        Izjar11

DocChoi wrote:

1. being stealthy, the game is called GHOSTS. Whether that's running a silenced weapon, dead silence, using takedown etc. being able to avoid detection is huge in this game especially with the huge maps.

LOL funny how we can complain about stealth and surprise attacks in a game called "Ghosts".

Accuracy is very much needed in this game, good points.

• 9. Re: Whats it mean (to you) to be Good at Ghost.
                          RunAndGun1

sennalike wrote:

Excellent points. Especially about luck. I don't get to choose my teammates in public matches. If our team loses, I'm only one of six reasons why we lost. Not the sole reason.

I want fun. Bottom line. Stats look good on paper, but won't get me a career except in eSports or MLG. Fun. Let me have fun, and I'm good.

If I'm having fun, then I'm as good as I need to be. And if I'm having fun, chances are I'm doing well and I'm helping my team. Two birds with one stone: Fun.

1 2 3 Previous Next