11 Replies Latest reply: Apr 10, 2014 1:41 AM by Smelly-Armpits RSS

Remakes of Old Maps

ImJiiive

I think I like it when they dont change anything about the map just carry it over into the new game. I do not like the look of the new Dome. Give me your thoughts?

• Re: Remakes of Old Maps
          slyd0g55

Yea I like what MW2 did with the maps , they just upgraded/revamp the map instead of using the same layout with different props,

I personally like new maps, theirs something about exploring and learning the "lines".

Rexens_View

I agree with both on different points.

I would prefer it if they just copied and pasted Dome across as I like the openness and good lighting of the original map.

Ghosts maps in general are too dark and gloomy, they are depressing as all hell and make it harder to spot enemy players.

However Slydog55 is right about the fun of learning the nuances of new maps, it is fun but they could release both...

Hint hint IW.

slyd0g55

Dome was a good map there's been better, why revamp this map? I think in the end their maps are just getting to crowed with rubble an trash and other silly props,

You said ' they are depressing as all hell and make it harder to spot enemy players.'  lol that some funny sh1t , hey I guess we gotta give em some credit ,they do put a lot of time in trying to make or at least a good scenario for us players to battle

Rexens_View

Yeah there are better maps depending on the players opinion but Dome was awesome for CQB and just overall a nice refreshing map.

They do try but they also have to realise that all the clutter and grey washed maps is just breaking up a visual experience.

Other COD installments have had shitty depressing maps too but not as the majority.

jack_sparrow_84

I love playing the old maps again. Dome was my most hated map, I always did horrible on it lol. They are doing a great job remaking the old maps IMO.

claisty

Maybe this is just the nostalgia talking, but I'd love it if IW or TreyArch released a game of older maps.  No revamps, but with updated weapons, perks, etc.  I'd even pay for DLC that was just old maps.  Would be a good way for them to drum up extra revenue without having to invest a lot of development time.  It's too bad most of the older titles are so hacked or I'd just get my fix that way.

Culay

I saw yesterday the new Dome and it looks great..

The old map was great too for MW.. fast game.. less camping.

ImJiiive

Im currently aborting Ghosts right now. I'm loving MW2 and MW3 and even Cod 4. They are amazing games and Ghosts has disappointed me indefinitely.

hylndr

Rehashing old maps is a joke .they guys are making incredible amounts of money let's see some of it paid back .maps that were in dlc back in dlc paying twice for the same map jokers

Rexens_View

Yeah I believe that re-skinned maps should be free DLC like Freefall.

We paid for the original development of these maps so why should we have to pay again ?

Get off your ass IW and do something fresh and new if your going to charge full price for it.

Smelly-Armpits

IW know that people will pay for anything these days. If people stopped doing this maybe IW might make a proper game and give a fruck about the consumers.