31 Replies Latest reply: Apr 2, 2014 3:57 AM by zingaa RSS

Not playing the objective the only way to go?

SicKno

So who of you have actually stopped playing the objective in Ghosts because everyone else doesn`t play the objective either?

Two days ago when i finally hit my boiling point after having the top score in Kill Confirmed, Domination and Drop Zone over and over and over again by actually playing the objective, yet constantly going negative every single time; i decided to say to myself; screw this. Im gonna fight fire with fire. And guess what? Now i go positive every single time and it`s not like im camping. Im still constantly  on the move (the only way i know how to play) i just don`t collect any tags unless they are litterally  right in front of me, i don`t cap a single flag even when my teammates do and in Drop Zone i make sure im not in the actuall Drop Zone for the whole match and it actually works.

Now i never would have thought i could have fun playing any CoD game without playing the objective, but with Ghosts (sadly) i really think it`s the only way to go. Blops is the complete opposite because of the scorestreak system, but with Ghosts im now actually having fun playing because i atleast go positive every match and i can now finally switch from Support to Assault since i actually live long enough to get a good streak going.

Im not proud of making the descision to play this way and i still have to adapt to this new playstyle to try and atleast play the objective more than i do now, because i do feel kinda bad when a guy on my team goes 13/20 with like 35 tags because i played like that guy aswell, but so far im having fun with the game again and more than before.

I really recommend this playstyle to all struggling players. If you can`t beat them, join them. It`s sad that a community is so broken that you have to adapt in the cheapest way in order to have fun, but  Im also curious as to how other players look upon this as far as skills go. I mean im a normal average player and i don`t have any desire to get better as far as aiming, speed and accuracy goes because im fine with that. My actual skills haven`t changed, just the way i play. So when it comes down to it is this game even about skill at all or just about how cheap you play? Curious about players opinions on this.

• Re: Not playing the objective the only way to go?
          nicedrewishfela

If you can't play the Objective modes the way they are supposed to be played, don't play them.

Plain and Simple.

Becoming part of the problem is not the solution.

Do they need to change how Objective Modes are scored? Absolutely. KC should not count your kill unless the tag is collected. Period. Why give someone a kill if that kill was not confirmed? That is why people camp for K/D and ignore objectives. You stop rewarding this, then people will stop doing it.

But you are either part of the problem, or part of the solution. It is more honorable to play within the spirit of the game and win while going negative, then to ignore the Objective and go positive(win/loss be damned).

Don't be part of the problem. If you can't hang in Objective Modes, then don't play them. But don't lower yourself to those who ignore the objective just for some stupid Stat that means nothing in the big picture.

SicKno

The problem isn`t that i can`t play the objective the way im supossed to, it`s the other players who can`t play the objective like they are supoposed to, thus ruining my game experience and forcing me to do something in order to get some fun out of a game i spend 60 euro`s on.  That was the point i made in my post.

I`ve been playing this game since release. Mostly KC and im ALWAYS the guy who gets the tags. I can easily get over 30 tags in a match apart from maybe bigger maps like Siege and Stonehaven, but usually i hit something around 40 tags and i barely see players who collect anything even close to that. usually they collect under 10 tags and on a good day the collect maybe 17 tags tops. And it`s not that im doing absolutely terrible at this game when playing like this, i collect tags and i do go negative but maybe like 5 or 6 deaths while the guys on my team go negative like 12 deaths and with 7 tags collected.

Im obviously not being part of the solution by playing the way im supossed to, because people have actually laughed at me though the mic for having collected over 69 tags in Octane. I get messages send to me multiple times saying something like "you might  have collected a few tags, but your KD is horrible etc, etc" just because i won the game and had the highest score by far. Im just saying that other players won`t change just because i go into objective game modes and play the way i should. So what other option is there?

And also: I never mentioned stats. I could care less about that. Last time i checked my Kd wich was somehere in the first two weeks the game was released it was something around 0.800 and haven`t checked it since. It`s not about stats for me, it`s about having fun and going negative every single time isn`t fun.

nicedrewishfela

You are making excuses.

You are going to change playing to win because someone heckled you over the Mic? Do you have that little constitution that you can't handle some loser taunting you?

The Win is what matters. Join a Clan or a Gaming Community so you have folks to play with, you can party up and have people who have your back. And you can ignore and report hateful messages. IF YOU ARE GETTING HATE MAIL, YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING RIGHT.

Man up, buttercup. You are blaming everyone but yourself. If you are going negative, that is on you. If you care more about the win, then who cares what your K/D is? If you care about K/D, play TDM. I can tell you now that I am a TDM only player. Why? Because the objective Modes bore me to death. They are repetitive, and too many players ignore the objectives. With TDM, I never know what is going to happen. And kills/deaths actually matter.

KurtK24

Whether you realize it or not KD still matters in most game modes.  If you have a negative kd in KC that means your giving a lot of tags to the enemy, especially if you r grabbing 40 a game like you say.  Just because you think you r playing the objective, doesn't mean you r doing it well.  Its counterproductive

Bubbakush

What is truly sad is that you blame the community for a lack of skill instead of saying you know what I'm not that good but at least I'm trying to win. Instead you make up whatever excuse you want to use and then say you did it because of the community. Funny that I can go positive playing dom or KC and still play the objective I don't have to make some excuse so I can feel good at a video game or so my e-pen can go through the roof. Play the game the way you want to play it not how others do and don't make some sad pathetic excuse for why you now play the way others do man up and admit it.

SicKno

Bubbakush. What`s with the hostility? If i really was not good at the game i would be doing terrible no matter how i played right? I can`t count the many times ive seen players sit in the weirdest spots the whole match with a silencer and expecting to get a good score, only to go like 6/17 in the end with 3 tags. Those are the really bad players. Me i don`t go negative all the time  while playing the objective and when i do it`s not nearly as bad as 6/17 for example. there is nothing really wrong with my aim and accuracy. It may not be a 100%, but it`s good enough to win most close/mid range battles. Im just getting sick and tired of getting shot over and over again by people from afar who have their sights on a tag and are just waiting for someone to collect it. So yes i changed  my playstyle two days ago for the first time ever since the game came out and it`s pretty fun to play this way. Am i allowed to have a bit more fun for two days after having spend 4 months doing nothing else but play the objective every single match? jeez.

Also im still not sure if im gonna continue playing this way. I was seriously only curious if other players did this aswell.

JasonFantastic

Many a death has resulted from being picked off by someone camping a tag or camping a briefcase.  To all that get me that way, I usually come back looking for you.  Then I get the original tag plus yours

Bubbakush

Because it is players like you who ruin the game and community you say you don't care about you'r KD yet you don't have fun winning unless you go positive that's caring about you'r KD and to feed the need to go positive you chose to make excuses and blame the community for the fact you changed you'r play style to become a kill whore and then ruin objective games by playing in a way that you claimed people did and ruined the fun you had it's pathetic

SicKno

The community was already ruined before i used this playstyle for a mere 2 days. As i said im not even sure if im gonna continue this way. If it gets boring i might change back to the way i used to play, so don`t have a hissy fit over this.

And i don`t care about KD. Don`t tell me i do care about KD, because you don`t know that. That doesn`t change the fact that i do wanna go positive every once in a while. Nobody likes going negative match after match,  but ofcourse you are so good that you can easily collect over 40 tags like i do almost every game and still go positive.

Bubbakush

If you win who cares? That's the point me and drew are trying to make not everyone is a superstar but if people start playing selfish then who care about the dude who went 50-5 playing KC with no tags he's obviously a scrub who has to play a objective biased game just to look relevant which is pathetic but the guy who went negative but had all his teams points is someone who people want to have on there team you are not playing a kill based game mode you are becoming nothing more than what you claimed ruined you'r gaming experienced in the first place

KurtK24

So the guy going 50-5 gave up 5 tags to the enemy and the one guy "playing the objective" went lets say 20-15 with 20 tags.  Who says he is the better player when he gave the enemy 15 tags and probably some of the tags he collected came from teammates kills, and denies. 

I hate to burst your bubble but 50-5 is a lot better game IMO

SicKno

In all honesty you are starting to convince me again. I just played this way for a few days and got some fun out of it, but i don`t see myself playing like this for long. The thing is that sometimes you are just getting fed up with so many lobbies filled with players like the guy you just mentioned going 50-5 with almost no tags, that it gets annoying after a while especially since 9 out of 10 lobby`s has a guy like that in it.

nicedrewishfela

I think what set Bubba and I off was the tact you took with this thread. It was a "If you can't beat em, join em" theme, and I know that personally gets under my skin.

You have an opportunity as an Objective player to perhaps help implement some positive change for all Objective Players by pointing out the flaws in the system that make it difficult for players to play within the spirit of the game.

Bubbakush

i honestly understand where you come from but as drew put it the "if I cant beat them join them" attitude just rubs me all kinds of wrong. I have been playing CoD sense it was ported to the 360 and have been mostly a objective player stated with HQ to Dom to KC when it game out it blops I've been the player who is nothing more than a objective mule but finding a group to play with and then eventually a clan and just playing my way and improving my play style I got better and can now constantly go positive while being a asset to my team playing the objective. Honesty changing the style you play just to match the community or to "go positive" is nothing more than a shallow victory but grinding it out and genuinely improving the way you play will always feel better in the end

JaEMaN

I Thought the object of the game was to win! And the last time I checked the person at the top of the leaderboard was the person with the highest score. I am always the most proud of myself when I am at the top of the leaderboard even if I don't have the most kills.

GO for high scores above all else and win those matches. It's the right way to play!

JasonFantastic

I've always wondered why players that refuse to play the objective don't just play TDM?  I don't get joining a Kill Confirmed lobby if you just want to run around getting kills while ignoring tags.  That's what Team Deathmatch is for.

JasonFantastic

I think I am going to setup a class for just grabbing tags and see what the game play looks like.  Something like just a combat knife with agility, marathon, incog and off the grid. 

FalconedPunch

I know how it feels to play an objective type game only to have the other team avoid the objective and try to rack up as many kills possible.

Example: My friend and I during a Clan War trying to play Blitz, the other team uses the mechanics of the spawns to try and trap us.  We destoyed the other team because we only cared about the objective of the game, but when it came down to the scores they had killed us so many times that they were very close to us in score.

I find that if you are trying to play the objective you are most likely going to win, but when the other team can still receive rewards for not staying true to the objective you are going to have issues.  The most frustrating part is that you are mentally playing two different game modes in which you are trying to achieve the objective of the match which involves thinking of how to accomplish it while the other team/your team is just purely trying to get kills is ruining the experience that you are looking for.

The evidence is in the amount of players play the game mode that purely require you to complete a task other than pure kills.

zingaa

If you k/d whore your a scrub, plain and simple.

obzi

I stopped playing objective games years ago because of my frustration with other players, it might have even been as far back as MW2 when I last did but I'd rather do this than make the problem worse.

It does seem that lessons have not been learned and the scoring system is just stupid, you should get absolutely nothing unless you play the objective, they should have put some thought into making this happen.