47 Replies Latest reply: Apr 5, 2014 6:49 AM by ItsEdnishFTW RSS

Panic Knife needs ATTENTION

Panic knife is garbage! It takes 3, 4, or 5 rounds to kill, but one (1) lousy knife prick kills? Garbage! Unless you sneak up from behind, knife kills should take several stabs to eliminate a player. A minimum of 2 stabs should be required. Further, in a gun vs knife fight, if the knifer is shot first it should increase the number of stabs with each bullet taken. i.e. the knifer eats two (2) bullets they must stab the gunner four (4) times to win the kill. If you have taken a bullet, you are weakened--so your knife thrust is also weakened. My point is that if you slash my shoulder, I am going to barrel stuff your ass.

• Re: Panic Knife needs ATTENTION
          plastic_bag

try improving your reaction time and it wont be as much of an issue for you

Okay how can you react to something that kills you in less than half a second? Also why does it take less time to panic knife then it does to switch a weapon?

plastic_bag

if you have quicker reaction time and greater situational awareness getting knifed is not going to be much of a concern for you these threads are just rage influenced posts after somebody just died when they thought they shouldnt have i mean do i get annoyed when somebody panic spams vaguely in my direction with an mtar? yes i certainly do but then i'm not asking for a nerf(isn't it funny how nobody clamors for nerfs on the mtar, remington, hb, or any other popular smg or ar?) the knife is just fine..nerf the knife and it becomes virtually obsolete everyone's complaining has already near wrecked sniping in this game..and i am new to sniping but it's very clear you are at a great disadvantage at just about every range sniping in this game..i am enjoying the challenge of learning to snipe in such a difficult manner though do yourself a favor though. setup a knife class and play that for a couple days hell a couple matches..lets see how your k/d starts to look and let me know how much of an advantage the knife has over guns in this game. btw the shootout knife option..dont even tell me you arent all going to complain about the animation being too long and being left out in the open defenseless after the melee and how knifing is now broken and they should bring it back to something faster but in the end..the best nerf for anything in this game is you getting better..and by the way i am not very good and wont pretend to be, im new to fps in general. as i've continued to play and develop my playstyle though i've found alot of things that used to annoy me dont annoy me so much.

Rexens_View

The issue isn't about knifing people its being knifed whilst shooting someone or coming around a corner then wham, panic knifed.

It wouldn't be a large concern if there was no Commando animation that allows easy panic knives, BO2 had it well where you had to actually aim at the person you were trying to knife.

Not just "oh **** hit buttons quick" and then the animation does the rest.

L30NDR4G0N

you had the chance to knife too, but ok, maybe was not easy, but what's the problem? you got knifed? because this game has this feature...and it's not because it's broken, it's to give the player an add option, but where's your problem? that hard to get over it? it's the same as with everything elese, may it an IED, a grenade or anything...one time you kill, the other you get killed...but as said, it's the same for everyone and gives no advantages on the thing itself...maybe only by skills...get over it and take it like a man !!!

Exactly.

L30NDR4G0N

because it's a feature in game that works as it is and works same for everyone !!! not only for your opponents, but for you too...yes, that's what it is, a feature, one that has its own part in game and not done by panic only, as hard as it is for you to believe

Fair enough. Then how about a block. If a player can respond within 0.25 seconds of the panic knife it is blocked. i.e. both players go for the panic within the allotted time, there is a block and the players are shoved 3 feet apart. Then a knife fight or shoot off pursues. A knife fight which as previously stated takes TWO stabs to kill a player.

thebigmac316

No one should be able to knife you after you put 3-5 bullets in them.  I am constantly having guy run through my bullets to stab me.  It has nothing to do with reaction time. but the fact that they can just run through bullets and stab.  If bullets hit you, you shouldn't be able to stab PERIOD!

Voods

Def not, the knife is so out of wack that you can stand ontop of your enemy who is AFK and just spam blade his back. The hit detection in ghosts seems to go in and out and it isn't just the knife.

While I agree and would rather knifing be more difficult, the truth is that ghosts is one of the harder CODs to knife in because of how few bullets it takes to kill. I just with they would remove the lunge. You should basically have to be touching someone to knife them.

Izjar11

BAZTUD wrote:

Panic knife is garbage! It takes 3, 4, or 5 rounds to kill, but one (1) lousy knife prick kills? Garbage! Unless you sneak up from behind, knife kills should take several stabs to eliminate a player. A minimum of 2 stabs should be required. Further, in a gun vs knife fight, if the knifer is shot first it should increase the number of stabs with each bullet taken. i.e. the knifer eats two (2) bullets they must stab the gunner four (4) times to win the kill. If you have taken a bullet, you are weakened--so your knife thrust is also weakened. My point is that if you slash my shoulder, I am going to barrel stuff your ass.

first do not take and attempt to compare it to reality, you are playing a video game that doesn't not simulate reality in any shape or form.

- Now in regards to having to stab someone multiple times =  would be a huge failure.

Though annoying as it is to shoot at someone and them run and stab you its part of the game and its really not that big of an issue with this games TTK.

L30NDR4G0N

enemy has a knife, YOU have a knife, EVERYONE has a knife and it's the SAME knife for EVERYONE, so where's the problem? i bet the problem is that you got killed by it and simply can't take it and come now to forum, crying, to get something changed that works fine for more than enough people and as said, works FOR ALL THE SAME !!! to me, idk who started this "panic-knife"-crap, but when i use it i do, because i WANT to, not because of panic...and i bet when one uses it to kill me, he does it too for the same reason...to call it panic is to me just wimpy, same as your post here, as you want something changed that was always part of CoD that way and surely works as intented and not broken !!! to make the changes you mentioned would simply make the knife not only useless, but would kill it !! and why? just because you got killed by one? get over it, as this whole talk is ridiculous, as i believe there are things that need much more attention, like spawning etc, and are real broken...and i nevertheless also strongly doubt that the knife kills you that often to justify a wimpy post like that...you kill with knife, you get killed by knife, sometimes you faster, sometimes you not, but i advice you to take it like a man, instead of showing your weakness in public by wimpy posts like that...btw, to me, have no idea how bf knife works, as i'm cod vet and never played bf garbage...and also, why copy something from a game that is not near cod when it comes to fans, as the long time cod gamers surely DON'T have a problem with the knife and like me, maybe love cod for having also something like that...

_Guest_

Your a cod vet who trash talk like a kid?

Knifing in cod is broken and has been for years,you should not be able to knife someone when there behind you,lunge across a room or run through bullets.

But hey there never going to change it or anything else in the game like qs or ds.I find it funny how a knife or an axe hits you in the foot and gets an instant kill,while you could put a few rounds in someone and they run through it.

Gerbera

The problem with complaining about "panic knifing" now in Ghosts is that it clearly shows that people will complain no matter what.

In case people have (conveniently) forgotten, BO2 made knifing harder to do due to so much "panic knifing" complaints from MW3 (and the very crappy lag and hit detection made it far worse) and what did people do? Complain about how hard it was to knife (and I'm sure many of those same people were ones who complained about the "panic knifing" in previous games).

And, not meaning to sound flaming, but I'm more than certain that you yourself as well as many "panic knife" complainers have "panic knifed" other people at least several times during all of your time playing and were thankful that you were able to..

Voods

Knifing complaints stem from Commando lunge...noob

Gerbera

The complaints come right after BO2 where they also complained knifing was "impossible to do" which was made that way in the first place because they also complained about "panic/commando knifing" with MW3 thus they will complain no matter what is done.

And learn what "noob" means before trying to use it as an insult where using it makes no sense at all. Probably someone who screams "camper" when killed even when the killcam shows the person who killed you sprinting around.

i can I am not a fan of the panic knife, and i personally never do it, because i feel it is cheap.. i do feel that they need to nerf it to where it is still useable, but it is more like bo2

in addition if the knifer is shot, it should delay the gun animation that way he is not taking 2 to 3 shots and still able to knife the gunner for the kill.. i know the game is not real, but its a bit ridiculous

Carvalho16

The funniest thing about knifing is that it is the only offensive tactic in the game that takes no negative afflictions from getting shot before your possible death. With a gun for example you get recoil. Knifing you get, well nothing. It's still as powerful at full health than it is with <10, which is clearly wrong.

Add stopping power to hitmarkers attained on an attempted knifer and then we'll see how many people say "Oh you got outplayed", "get better kid". It will be glorious.

L30NDR4G0N

with knife you get nothing? i guess to come close enough on an enemy to be able at first to knife him needs a little more than nothing lol...sry to say, but fact is, idk any good player (me included as well) that has a problem with how the knife is...as said, that's a fact !! and i believe that the only ones that want to see it gone or nerfed are simply the ones that a: can't handle it or lack the reflexes needed, b: simply are too wimpy to accept that they got killed and can't get over it...knife works SAME for everyone, everyone has the same, so to say it's broken is nothing more than a wimpy excuse and to use the word panic-knife a wimpy try to distract from own errors...panic-knife...lol...idk about it, when i use the knife i want to, know what button to push and to me nice to have this feature in game, that again and again and again, EVERYONE HAS TOO !!!

Carvalho16

What does 'getting close' have to do with anything? You have to 'get close' with a shotgun too.

Knifing someone in the arm from 5 feet away whilst having taken 2 hitmarkers of damage is a broken concept. Got nothing to do with 'being good' or not. Of course players will defend their crutches though....

L30NDR4G0N

okay, one came on you, you shot, got 2 hitmarkers and then got ...aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrr... knifed! and now, so what?? that hard to get over it? so bad? you know, CoD is a video game and the knife isn't the only thing unrealistic...it's a part in game like everything else...there are so many ways to get killed, but i guess, to get knifed is something you really can't accept...BUT...again! fact is, YOU had the SAME chance too...instead to shoot the enemy you could user the "tool" knife too and you know what? enemy dead if you would have been the one who was faster, simple as that...but instead of thinking about where the problem was and what you could do to make it better for you, adapt to a tool that as said a thousand times is the SAME FOR EVERYONE you guys choose the simple, lazy way...camping in front of momma IW'S door to ask her to help yopu out...but you forget something...there are many many many gamers out there that like the knife as it is now for a looong time! and also don't care how it is working at bf, because they like CoD as it is, including the knife...many, me included, don't want bf or halo clones, but like to play CoD as it is, without this change, so pls, consider this too!

Carvalho16

The same 'tool' is a connection dependent variant meaning I will only get the kill when my connection is better. That's why the knife is a broken concept. It's an insta death even in situations where you react well.

Black Ops 2 knife was better and that wasn't good either.

Introduce stopping power and then we'll see how many knifers apply their "get good kid" mantra, when they are no longer able to sponge damage with no penalty.

My point was if you take a bullet center-mass, your knife should not kill with one stroke. I couldn't find a comments/suggestions box, so I posted a discussion. Just trying to make the game better.

L30NDR4G0N

the game better for who? ever came in mind that there are people out there that like the knife as it is? as it is now since day one? i love the knife and have much fun with it...also don't care about bf or halo...to me, there are more than enough things i like in cod which i prefer over bf or that don't even make me think about bf and one thing is the knife...as said above, don't need CoD to become a bf-clone, as bf is btw a dwarf compared to CoD, when it comes to numbers

Gerbera

People are also still constantly ignoring the fact that, compared to most of the past installments, the knifing is far more balanced in Ghosts in that now no one can effectively go on a total knife rampage (even with the Maniac, which still requires knowledge of the map and more tactical movement rather than straight up Rambo running). If there's ever more than one person in an area, knifing, at best, will just be a pyrrhic victory in that you'll kill that one target, but you'll most likely die as well because of the animation freezing you in place for those couple of seconds and making you a wide open target.

Otherwise, you'll only be able to go on such faster rampages on Fog with Michael Myers or on the Ruins map as Predator (as neither are hindered by any sort of melee kill animations), but even they are otherwise just Maniacs in terms of armor protection so more than one person in the area increases the chance of death, and they can only be obtained once per match anyway.

ShocKuMzzz

OP needs attention.

rankismet

BAZTUD wrote:

I'm praying this was an April Fool's joke.

Izjar11

rankismet wrote:

BAZTUD wrote:

I'm praying this was an April Fool's joke.

You will pray for a very long time Rankismet......

nicedrewishfela

The issue is between the controller and the chair.

Melee has always been a part of FPS, if you are getting close enough to enemies to allow this to happen and haven't learned to counter or use it effectively yourself... the issue is you.

toby_jugs

a knife block move would be welcome imo.

also, how about contextual stab? eg you don't get a knifing animation if there's no enemy in range ,so i'm not always stabbing the air and getting killed when i had the drop on people but stupidly and accidently R3'd, god it winds me up when i keep doing this lol.

HitEmUpRobbo

Knifing in BO2 was perfect for my play style. Not a panic as such but still there if needed. An option to block would also be good. The option IW chose (auto aim lunging) was the worst IMO but I can see why they added it due to fast TTK, but it still isn't needed

southsideswanga

The worst part about the knifing for me is it seems to be kind of biased sometimes. I have had times when someone runs past me then my character will do a complete 180 and knife them in the shoulder. Other times ill be right next someone and for no reason at all I will swing my knife uselessly and the person I should have killed kills me because it takes years to put away the knife and take your gun out if the game decides it wants me to miss a knife attack from 2 feet away.

But I totally agree with you, knifing should be a little more action packed and in depth. Here is what I think could improve knifing:

1. have a block option and counter blocks so players can have knife fights.

2. two knife hits is a bit too much, but if the person shoots it should take more and if you knife the person but they shoot you and you need more stabs then the other person shouldn't be able to use their gun for a little and be better off pulling out their knife.

3. make knives a secondary weapon, that way we can use a perk slot to get a better knife like a smaller one with way faster handling and harder to counter but very low reach or something like a machete thats heavier and handles slower but does tons of damage and has long reach and whatever knife is chosen replaces the default knife and you can use your new knife by pressing the knife button. If someone doesn't choose a secondary knife they get the default one you get when you don't take a primary gun and you can keep the perk slot that would have been used up.

4. make knifing somewhere between what it is now and and how it was on BO2. You can still do the commando stabs, but you need to aim the knife with the joystick. This would mean to do one of the 180 degree stabs you would need to press down on the joystick the follow the player you want to knife for half a second or so and then you knife instead of instant Rambo kill action.