10 Replies Latest reply: Apr 2, 2014 7:18 PM by h00blah_gaming RSS

list of devastation's achievements [spoilers]

philp18

The Belly of the Beast (20G) - Reach the cargo area in Mayday in Regular or Hardcore difficulty.

Come Up For Air (30G) - Reach the top deck in Mayday in Regular or Hardcore difficulty.

Survived Mayday (30G) - Kill the Kraken for the first time in Mayday in Regular or Hardcore difficulty.

Upping the Ante (30G) - Kill the Kraken using a Relic in Mayday in Regular or Hardcore difficulty.

Mayday Completionist (30G) - Complete all Challenges and kill the Kraken in Mayday in Regular or Hardcore difficulty.

Inquisitive Mind (30G) - Find all of the Intel in Mayday.

Deforestation (20G) - Kill 15 Seeder Turrets in one game in Mayday in Regular or Hardcore difficulty.

Big Game Trapper (20G) - Use a hypno trap to turn a Rhino friendly in Mayday in Regular or Hardcore difficulty

The Architect (20G) - Successfully build all of the Schematics in Mayday in Regular or Hardcore difficulty

Egg-stra Devastation! (20G) - Complete the Egg-Stra XP challenge and then destroy a hive in the Devastation DLC package.

Total: 10 achievements for 250 points ( 1 in mp and 9 in extinction)

• Re: devastation achievements' list
          philp18

Hypno traps sounds fun , i always wanted to hypno a rhino

also give a look at our predictions , we get very near of the truth:  http://community.callofduty.com/message/415162772#415162772

• Re: list of devastation's achievements [spoilers]
            Stinky666

I saw these yesterday, and the Hypno a Rhyno with the trap one is definitely intriguing. I'm just really wanting to play this!

SevenThug

Looks awesome; can't wait. However, I am semi-upset that it is going to run during clan wars. Apparently we're being matched against "clans of equal dedication", so no more easy wins. Might not get as much of a chance to play extinction if that's true.

JSlayer211

philp18 wrote:

Big Game Trapper (20G) - Use a hypno trap to turn a Rhino friendly in Mayday in Regular or Hardcore difficulty

The Architect (20G) - Successfully build all of the Schematics in Mayday in Regular or Hardcore difficulty

Total: 10 achievements for 250 points ( 1 in mp and 9 in extinction)

Ok, these are really the only two that peek my interest.

Hypno a Rhino sounds exciting for sure, but how long does the fun of that last? I can't imagine that making the game more fun. It was a myth for a while to hypno a Rhino and I liked the fact that you couldn't because the game already isn't immensely difficult once you get the hang of whatever map you are playing. Letting loose a Rhino while you have traps, weapons, turrets, etc. and all new variations of Venom X guns going off, doesn't just make me believe this will be very challenging of a map. I get the feeling that this one will be easier than PoC. It could just be me, but the amount of combined firepower potential makes me think this map will get shredded in no time flat.

Now the Hypno Trap kind of brings us to the next achievement, building all of the Schematics in Mayday. I will be honest and say that I was NOT a fan of Zombies, but this gives me the feeling that they are trying to mimic that kind of gameplay. I'm not saying that these things will be bad, but I don't really want them to detract from the gameplay that I already love. I am a fan of the fast paced game that this is with short breathers between. I think the heart of the formula is good, but this can be good as well. Just makes me a bit stand off-ish as I don't want to play a Zombie clone. Is there any idea of how many schematics there are and what they do exactly?

h00blah_gaming

JSlayer211 wrote:

It was a myth for a while to hypno a Rhino and I liked the fact that you couldn't because the game already isn't immensely difficult once you get the hang of whatever map you are playing. Letting loose a Rhino while you have traps, weapons, turrets, etc. and all new variations of Venom X guns going off, doesn't just make me believe this will be very challenging of a map. I get the feeling that this one will be easier than PoC. It could just be me, but the amount of combined firepower potential makes me think this map will get shredded in no time flat.

All of the maps get easier once you get the hang of them right?

Once you've mastered regular (completionist + no downs + platinum), you can either use Relics to try to top the leaderboards, or move over to Hardcore. If you find Hardcore too easy, you can still use Relics, and get to the top of the leaderboard right?

That's basically what I've been doing. I've only done 4 Relics on POC, and 3 Relics on Nightfall. I imagine I'll only be able to use 2 Relics on Mayday once I've actually mastered it. Then I'll move on to Hardcore and try the same thing. I think it'll take me a long time to get to that point though, which I personally enjoy.

JSlayer211

Well your learning curve isn't a representation of everyone else's though. So basing the the map difficulty around the low range curve seems a bit of a mistake. Hardcore isn't really a good alternative as there are glaring issues with the combined silliness of the overall difficulty. Difficulty is great as long as it can still be fun, I can't imagine that many are having "fun" in hardcore. Most of the people that go there are there purely for stat chasing and once they get that, they just leave HC alone.

I run NF with 5 relics with randoms and it's not that hard when you master it, but can be tremendously fun and rewarding. Saying "just use relics" doesn't really make the game a ton more fun either. Relics are meant to increase the challenge, but if you noticed they are extremely limiting in your gameplay. There are only 5 relics in the game. There should be more for sure imo.

I guess I'm just worried about the longevity of Mayday as NF has stood the test of time with me. There just seems to be a ton of firepower being added into this map. Balance is just as important as anything else imo when it comes to good gameplay.

h00blah_gaming

I agree that using Relics is very limiting, which is why I've stuck to HC Nightfall since I haven't completed it yet. I'm not necessarily a stat-chaser, but I try to play for my personal goals (no downs - completionist). I don't know if those are even possible in HC lol, but that's what my goal is.

Also, the leaderboards reveal that less people have completed solo NF than POC, which in my opinion is a cake-walk. There's still plenty of challenge left for the majority of players. As an elite player, there are more difficult options for you to try to master. Otherwise, go for top score? (legit score lol).

I totally understand what you're saying, and I think we have a similar point of view on Extinction.

Now if people would stop comparing it to Zombies.... People want something different from Zombies, but then they complain that the game is missing Zombie elements lol.