5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 7, 2014 7:22 AM by GulfCoastGirl RSS

Why do they play team games?

Lagaros

Recently I have been getting back into playing Black Ops II and my favorite game mode is, and always has been, Hardcore TDM. I currently sit with a 2.17 K/D ratio and usually average around a 2.3 k/d per game. Im really curious as to why people who obviously lack the "skill" necessary to contribute to their teams still play the team games? Im rather fed up by being team-killed (Yes i can play Core, but I prefer the less Health and no HUD) and watching these "teammates" regularly go negative whilst im sitting with a decent, if not a pretty good, Kill/Death Ratio yet our team comes out with a loss. The whole point of playing a "Team" game like Team Deathmatch is to work with your Team towards the common goal of getting 75 kills to win the match; however, by not contributing and consistently going Negative (Below 1.0 K/D ratio) these people pile a larger work load on their fellow players which makes the game less enjoyable. Seeing as how these people are usually on the losing team, unless they are lucky enough to get a few players that can carry them, why dont they just go to FFA where they can just as easily get the same K/D they regularly receive, not have any chance of getting Team-kills, and not screw up my games in the process?

• Re: Why do they play team games?
          GulfCoastGirl

Lagaros wrote:

why dont they just go to FFA where they can just as easily get the same K/D they regularly receive, not have any chance of getting Team-kills, and not screw up my games in the process?

Why don't YOU go into FFA?   Everyone else is just as entitled to go into the games they like and play them too... even if they aren't as good as you.

If it makes you feel any better.... I'm a noob and I go into Combat Training- Objective to learn and there are often really good players who have no business being in there, and they are there solely for the purpose of slaughtering us noobs for fun.  Very frustrating... but what are ya gonna do?  Such is the nature of on-line gaming and human free will

Lagaros

Lol, fair enough. Though if you aren't going to contribute to a team then whats the point of playing team games? I personally dont play FFA because i usually play with 1 or 2 friends and we like playing Team games and being on the same Team.

GulfCoastGirl

Lagaros wrote:

Lol, fair enough. Though if you aren't going to contribute to a team then whats the point of playing team games?

Well I'm sure they aren't not contributing to the team on purpose.  I've never come across anyone who isn't trying their best.  I play team games, mostly Demolition and I'm definitely the weakest player on the team.  Least kills, most deaths.... so forth and so on.  But I've learned how to shoot enemy sh*t out of the sky so I often hang back and do that.  I'm also willing to run in guns-a-blazing and be a distraction and take a death while a teammate is arming or diffusing a bomb.  Other than that, I AM doing my best to learn the map, unlock better guns and improve my gameplay.... but it takes time.    No one fell out of their mother's vajayjay an awesome player.  You have to play the team games to improve at them

Now it seems you are talking about Hardcore.... I get that and I think my problem with Combat Training - Objective is the same in reverse.  They should make it to where players can't play Hardcore without reaching a certain k/d or level and they should also make it that once you've passed a certain level or k/d you can't play the Combat Training.  Maybe they'll put something in force like that in the next Black Ops...

CycloneChilli

im going a little off topic at the moment, but the ideas you've mentioned in the last paragraph aren't great...

1. You shouldn't impose kd limits for hardcore. This why just make kd conserving worse, and quitting will become EVEN MORE of a problem.

2. Not everyone uses combat training for ... Well....training, so dont block people from using it. After a tough few games online, me and my friends love shooting loads of stupid bots and spamming the map with sentry guns and swarms

but I do agree with your first paragraph. Being a good team is supporting the less good players

GulfCoastGirl

CycloneChilli wrote:

im going a little off topic at the moment, but the ideas you've mentioned in the last paragraph aren't great...

1. You shouldn't impose kd limits for hardcore. This why just make kd conserving worse, and quitting will become EVEN MORE of a problem.

2. Not everyone uses combat training for ... Well....training, so dont block people from using it. After a tough few games online, me and my friends love shooting loads of stupid bots and spamming the map with sentry guns and swarms

but I do agree with your first paragraph. Being a good team is supporting the less good players

Well they could (and should IMO) make the punishment for quitting a little more.  Maybe de-ranking for a certain number of quits?

As for combat training, that's my point... it's suppose to be for training (hence the name) for us noobs.  You and your buddies aren't just playing against bots, you are playing in the one area us noobs are suppose to go to learn the maps and get to play against bots and humans who are OUR level.  I know I don't learn a damn thing when I have a bunch of prestige masters slaughtering me right when I spawn in and take 2 steps.  That was the entire point of my saying you guys shouldn't be allowed in there.  However, if that doesn't seem fair to you guys then I would suggest they ADD another layer to it that is just for noobs.  The boot camp locks you out by level 10 and trust me.... that's not enough time playing at the beginner level.  So they could have boot camp for up to level 10 and a mid level maybe up to the first prestige and then the final area open to all.  That would seem a little more fair to everyone.