32 Replies Latest reply: Apr 21, 2014 4:53 PM by swordmanben RSS

Predator was cool until...

XxBlOoDfAllsxX

I'll admit, adding horror film characters as a maniac field order was dope. Seeing the Predator run around on the Ruins map was awesome until I realized the Predator gets an automatic K.E.M. upon death! like wtf?! So if I go on any type of streak and I avoid getting killed from the predator, I automatically lose my streak anyways because he gets an automatic KEM? Thats ridiculous. Who at IW thought of this idea? The field orders are normal. Its not like there are extremely difficult to make getting the predator more difficult. Its a joke. If I have a nice streak, and I either avoid getting killed from a person (doesnt matter whether its a predator, micheal myers, maniac, or killstreak) or I Kill him, I shouldnt be penalized! LMFAO...Especially if someone becomes the Predator and I kill him, why the f**k would I die? You need to change that to be a last stand proximity blast, not a KEM....If you don't, you literally just made playing that map a joke along with all of the other issues people already deal with  in your game...so please change.

PS - Im not starting a debate and I could care less for those who say "well then make sure your team gets the Predator then" because thats an idiotic response. Regardless of my team gets it, its unfair...plain and simple

• Re: Predator was cool until...
          RayOldGuy

Some very valid points, Some strikes (missile strikes, or the barrage) can be avoided. Will there be some safe spots?

Coachrocks87

You can get a KEM in strike zone from a care package.  I don't see how it is that different.  It's just a maniac + KEM in one package.

iigallowsii

yup these gimmicks are stupid and not balanced. the predator has no place in cod neither does Michael Meyers.

I want a more competitive game and well ghosts seems to be geared towards children now and the casual crowd. Nothing fun about getting a KEM when they hand them out like candy to anyone who gets a field order.

JetEye

iigallowsii wrote:

yup these gimmicks are stupid and not balanced. the predator has no place in cod neither does Michael Meyers.

I want a more competitive game and well ghosts seems to be geared towards children now and the casual crowd. Nothing fun about getting a KEM when they hand them out like candy to anyone who gets a field order.

If you don't like Michael Myers or Predator, then go play competitively at gamebattles.com, or MLG, or something along those lines.  Not everyone that plays matchmaking has the same mindset at you.  You may be playing competitively, but the people you are playing against may just be playing casually.  That doesn't make you better than them, even if you beat them.  It just means they are different.  I personally would never have purchased the DLC without these "gimmicks".

It takes some skill to complete the field order.  The care packages are random as well.  Luck is part of the game.  It's those unknown variables that keep the game fresh.

Children don't have a clue who Michael Myers or Predator is, so it is clearly NOT geared towards the children.  It's meant for the adults whom these characters actually mean something to.

That's what these idiots don't realize. If they want to play competitively, then they should go play Clan Vs Clan. Or BO2 league play. DLC doesn't get added to competitive, so it shouldn't matter in the first place. I get the DLC to add a bit more fun to the game, because it's been out a while. I like knowing that if I play on Fog, I can stab people with an ax as Michael Myers. I like know that if I play on Strikezone, I can nuke the entire map. I like knowing that if I play on Ruins, I can finally play as the god damn Predator! Who does not think that's awesome?! I play CoD more than probably anyone on these forums.. I play competitively, I play Zombies, I play Extinction. Sometimes you need a break from the norm, and if that means every DLC (that I paid $50 for with the season pass) will have some sort of "gimmick," well then I say BRING IT.

codchamp

But this is Call of Duty. These things should have never been in the game. So yes it looks like it is geared towards children

arparaspolo

Try playing in Clan vs Clan. It is 4 on 4 and I do believe there are no kill streaks. This is also what Clan Wars should be played on. You don't need a clan to play it either.

sqitso

Nah he's right. The Predator was cool until the KEM stuff. Let's be honest. This is Infinity Ward and they love rewarding fails with death streaks. They promised they would get rid of the death streak. What do we get? A dog. You failed as an assault class.. but it's okay, your dog will get you another kill. Now they do the same thing with the Predator. Hell you don't even have to play. You can just throw the controller down and wait to die and get yourself some free kills. Normally this isn't so big of a problem in Kill confirmed or Domination.. but in TDM it's just stupid. We where winning and then this guy gets the Predator and our team wiped him out is seconds because the guy sucked. They win when he detonated. When you get Michael Myers.. he can be a wrecking ball but it takes skill. I have seen people not know how to play Michael and get obliterated without a single kill. Hey, that's fair. I've also seen Mike get 15 kills. Also fair because the guy new what he was doing. This getting a KEM automatically when die is dumb. You died as a Predator meaning you FAILED the kill streak. The Predator IS the kill streak, just like Michael is.. but they have to throw in a KEM with your failure. Here's another death/fail streak for you. We reward you for just showing up.

Sqitso - You're right. I haven't thought about it until you said something, but there are many things that are deathstreaks that are masked as "killstreaks." The dog shouldn't have been in the game period. But I guess it is balanced in the way that if my dog goes up against 3 or 4 people, he'll get shot instantly. But as for the KEM strike with Predator.. What were the devs thinking? Dead Man's Hand times 1000?? I understand that they're trying to be true to the original character, and I GREATLY appreciate that. But why would you reward a player for dying? Like you said, it's IW. I do agree with the Michael Myers thing though, and Predator is somewhat similar. I've been killed as Michael within 3 seconds of getting it.. I've also been on a 25 knife streak while playing as Michael. It just depends. I very much like the idea of bringing these characters to the game. It makes it very fun, because it's not like those are the only maps I'll play.

Culay - It has to do with balance. This is still a military style game, and although it is very awesome we get to play as these characters, you have to remember that this still is a game about militaries shooting each other. I appreciate that they stayed true to the character, but this is game that focuses on gun play. You're telling me that a player can get 6 free kills from the nuke, plus the 6-10 kills he'll most likely get from just stabbing and shooting people with the rockets? How fair is it that I'm 24-0, and the person who finally manages to get the Predator ends my streak? Nukes, MOABS, and KEMs should be with gun kills only. Never from a care package or a field order, no matter how true it is to a character.

JetEye

Why would you reward a player for dying?  Well because sometimes dying is part of the strategy.  Your digital lives are just a tool for accomplishing the objective...winning!  The object is not always to see who can stay alive the longest. 

In domination when the other team has B locked down hard, sometimes you need to go for C knowing you are going to die, to draw the enemy from B so your other teammates can cap B.  It seems like most people would rather stay alive and lose, than die and win, which is sad.

sqitso

Don't cover up dying because you suck and dying as a strategy. Any numb nuts can get 4 kills and get a stupid dog then die. It doesn't mean they have talent in TDM. Just like anyone can kill someone while prone and get a predator then die. That has nothing to do with strategy. Anyone that gets the dog and thinks "It's okay if I die, free kill" or gets fights to get the predator because of the free kills.. because they can't get a score worth a damn, just sucks. As to the Domination stuff. There are people that are willing to die for the objective A LOT.. because they want to win. Suicidal stratagy, but some people play DOM like that... but then you have those numb nut, useless, wastes of skin that see you are losing and would rather snipe and go for a KEM instead of take an objective.. BOOOOM Yay!! They get a KEM.. still lost, but that is okay he got his KEM.

JetEye

sqitso wrote:

Don't cover up dying because you suck and dying as a strategy. Any numb nuts can get 4 kills and get a stupid dog then die. It doesn't mean they have talent in TDM. Just like anyone can kill someone while prone and get a predator then die. That has nothing to do with strategy. Anyone that gets the dog and thinks "It's okay if I die, free kill" or gets fights to get the predator because of the free kills.. because they can't get a score worth a damn, just sucks. As to the Domination stuff. There are people that are willing to die for the objective A LOT.. because they want to win. Suicidal stratagy, but some people play DOM like that... but then you have those numb nut, useless, wastes of skin that see you are losing and would rather snipe and go for a KEM instead of take an objective.. BOOOOM Yay!! They get a KEM.. still lost, but that is okay he got his KEM.

Actually it has everything to do with strategy.  If the if the score is 69 my team, and 70 your team, I can employ a strategy to purposely die to self destruct to win the game. Also it does take talent to get the field order.  You have to have the balls to be aggressive enough to kill the first person, kill off whoever is with him, and pick up the field order, and then complete the field order, and THEN find a safe spot to throw the care package marker, and then defend the area while waiting for it to arrive. 

Also, dogs are NOT free kills.  Dogs are extremely easy to kill.  If you get killed by one, then you're not paying close enough attention.

JetEye

What do you mean the predator was cool until this KEM stuff??  Do you even watch Predator bro?

When the Predator is dying he gets the last laugh by self destructing with a KEM-like explosion.  This is 100% true to the character and movies.  The KEM is the Predator's signature and goes with the field order perfectly.

XxBlOoDfAllsxX

JetEye, honestly? 1) Ive seen every predator and I love those movies, some classic Arnold. But what the f**k does that have to do with COD? If they wanted to make it True to the movie, then the last stand for Predator would have been a Blast Radius, not a K.E.M....Arnold was literally right next to the Predator when he blew himself up (hence him jumping from the blast). They didn't need to reward a player who ALREADY is using a killstreak, with another killstreak in which takes 25 kills - 0 deaths to obtain WITHOUT killstreak rewards....that was a mouthful. 2) I know how to play the game, check my stats, I guarantee they're better than yours. I know everything about sacrificing yourself to play objectives, etc... This STILL has nothing to do with the automatic K.E.M. you get. If the player recieves a field order to knife 1 person, or get 2 non-streak kills, thats easy enough. If they happen to get predator, which is highly likely because the randomness of it is high as I've seen it 95% of time playing Ruins, it just f**ks the game up when he gets these kills. Like sqitso said, its unfair and someone who gets predator can just set his controller down and when he dies, he'll get an automatic 6 kills in TDM, or even more during Ground War when they make the DLC available in PUBS....You literally are trying to defend the game so much that you could care less about whats fair. The predator is cool, dont get me wrong and playing him is badass, but jsut take the KEM away from that killstreak. 2 killstreaks in 1 is BS and you know it

P.S. - I can obvioulsy play eSports rules, Clan vs Clan etc...but I shouldnt be forced to do so just because of the predator having a KEM...thats ridiculous so dont even bring that point up

JetEye

All I'm hearing is "Wahhh wahhh wahhhh, I lost my killstreak!"  The volcano often gets more kills than the predator.  No complaints there?  The predator doesn't always die.  Many people just camp with the predator, so if you just leave him alone instead of attacking him he won't die and set off the bomb.  If you insist on killing him, get your team on a united front and kill him so you can get your death over with and start on a new streak.  I don't get why this is a big deal.

1. What doesn't it have to do with COD?  COD is whatever the developers say it is.  If they want zombies, they put in zombies, if they want aliens they put in aliens, if they want want to Halloween references they do that, if they want exploding volcanoes, they can do that too...none of these things are realistic.  COD is an arcade shooter with arcade elements, not a mil-sim.  I think it keeps the game fun and fresh for many of us.  Last I checked noone forced you to buy the DLC, and last I checked matchmaking wasn't made for your personal enjoyment.  You do have the option to play in private lobbies with whatever settings you please.  If the DLC didn't have the Predator, I know I wouldn't have purchased it and I know many others would not have purchased it either.

2. Arnold was not right next to the predator when he blew up, he had to sprint for 15-20 seconds away, and then he jumped down a hill behind cover. In the game it's not a true KEM.  It might kill everyone like a KEM, but it's not a KEM.  A KEM destroys the map, the Predator bomb doesn't do anything to the map.  It last much shorter than a KEM.  It's a quick blast, and then you can respawn. The map isn't much bigger than 100 yards across, which is approximately the blast radius of the explosion, so it's a safe bet everyone would die.

3. It's perfectly fair.  Everyone has the same chance to get the field order.  Those who are brave enough to put themselves out there to get the briefcase and complete the field order deserve it.  Not every care package has the predator in it either.  If you're one of those people who just ignore the briefcase so you won't die, or use the briefcase for bait, then I have no pity for you.

4. How would you know what kind of stats I have?  But you're probably right though, your stats probably appear better than mine.  Having better stats doesn't make one's opinion more valid than another.  Stats can be manipulated by a variety of factors, playing with friends or running lone wolf, aggressive vs defensive, overall playstyle, primary gametype played, etc.  That's a different topic.  There are people who have better stats than you who probably feel different than you.

i can call in a hind and then not do anything and still get kills. that's what most of the killstreaks do.

Culay

Neah.. i like the predator how he is now.. and i appreciate that IW follow the orginal movie.

It's like Strikezone field order, predator it's not that hard to kill and killstreaks are not hard to get.. anyway most of players are runing with dog and heli..

sqitso

"True to the movie?" WHAT THE F*CK? Fact... NO ONE has ever been killed in ANY movie with ANY Predator nuke. That's right. The damn thing has gone off and never killed anyone. As a matter of fact, the only nuke that killed anyone was in Requiem and that was because the Americans nuked the town to kill the Aliens and Predators.

If they where being true to the movie, then

1. It took the Predator damn near 10 seconds just to arm the nuke and had over a 30 second timer.

2. You would have heard Billy's laugh "Lord knows Sonny Landham could use the work.

3. You would only need to be about 100 yards away and duck behind some cover to survive the blast.

Oh and 4... Someone on in the map could have easily said "Gid too da choppa"

In AVP a predator arms his mobile explosive and it destroys the entire temple layout underneath the ice, multiple miles long, killing hundreds of aliens in the process. It is staying fairly true to the predator fiction. Yes the explosion in the original is not as great as the one in AVP, but IF never said that it was the Predator exclusively from the first movie. Predator has been in multiple movies.

XxBlOoDfAllsxX

that funny part is, after reading all of these replys, its IRONIC how everyone who says IW kept the Predator "True" to the movie, is either blind or really hasnt seen the movie. The Predator detonates himself and its a BLAST RADIUS, no where near the same as a KEM...Its ridiculous to even compare the 2. So stop saying that its true to the movie because its no where close LOL

The first time I ever played Ruins and someone on the opposing team got the Predator and died, I managed to survive his KEM strike by running to the edge of the map as far away from him as possible. I jumped up right before the timer ended and the screen went fuzzy and I landed in the same place without dying. The KEM is a proximity explosion! Still overpowered, yet extremely awesome, but you can avoid dying from it.

JetEye

legocloudwarrior wrote:

The first time I ever played Ruins and someone on the opposing team got the Predator and died, I managed to survive his KEM strike by running to the edge of the map as far away from him as possible. I jumped up right before the timer ended and the screen went fuzzy and I landed in the same place without dying. The KEM is a proximity explosion! Still overpowered, yet extremely awesome, but you can avoid dying from it.

This happened to me too, I thought it was a glitch so I never brought it up.

arparaspolo

Getting something like this shouldn't be luck of the draw. When you pick up the briefcase, and it happens to be the KEM or Meyers or the Predator, you should have to get more kills. Like when you pick up a briefcase as Meyers I needed to get a 7 kill streak to get another set of field orders.

Sebrod10

I was waiting for someone to cry about the Predator, congrats sir you win the crybaby of the year award. The Predator is a very cool thing and the fact that it has a kem strike on death (like the movie) does make it the most powerful killstreak in the game, but it doesn't appear often and its not easy to get in a small hectic map like ruin. You die from the kem which is only one death and you get all butthurt? lmao. If you don't like it don't play the map or go to clan vs clan. You say its not fair but what killstreak is fair? NONE all killstreaks give you an advantage and the cool thing about the Predator is you can't just camp and stack other killstreaks to get it, you have to get the field order, complete it before you die, turn the wheel of fortune and you MIGHT get it. I played last night got 3 care packages and got NEITHER the Predator or the Volcano bomb. 95% of games you play in ruin get it? lol exaggerate much? Just because you don't like it doesn't mean we don't.

witnessfig

I've been on both ends and it doesn't bother me.

I like it. Stop crying. You are going to die from something eventually. Get your streak up before kaboom! Don't play on the map. Quit like other do when someone has a high kill streak weapon.

At least you have options.

Ovrlord

I've been against the idea of deathstreaks since players are basically being rewarded certain things such as Dead Man's Hand and Final Stand from dying too many times. Naturally, I was disturbed to find out they were adding the Predator into the game and having a KEM detonated upon its death. I'm not okay with the fact that an entire team will be punished because of one player's death. It would have been a bit more reasonable if the explosion killed anyone near him instead of having a Nuke type killstreak. Having a KEM come in a care package on Strikezone is one thing, but a Maniac type killstreak and the KEM in one package is too much.

ANWRambo

GET TO THE CHOPPA!

Arnold knew to run away as soon as he had mortally wounded the predator and heard him laughing.

The predator has the ability to set up a mini nuke when he dies in the movie. So makes sense in the game.

Activision is only putting in the game what was already in the predator movie.

Stop complaining. At least you kids on the xbox have the predator right now.

PS4 and PS3 users have to wait. So STFU.

Stop crying because you camp in corners for your streaks and die because of it.

swordmanben

To be honest, I stopped reading a lot of the replies. I agree with the fact that it is kind of whack to get a maniac Kem combo like it was candy. The only thing I could think of to maybe "balance" would for the predator to either have to charge the KEM through x amount of time or through x amount of kills. Because while the predator does get the last laugh with a Dead Man's Switch, they also typically survive during a hunt for a while or kill some of their prey. Thoughts?