27 Replies Latest reply: Apr 11, 2014 3:34 PM by Nephium RSS

Diamond division and no cross platform divisions .

So when playing in diamond and or any other league i think you should only play against players on the same console its unfair for those of us playing xbox one . being as we do not get the games as fast as other consoles due to the lack of players .

Just a thought

• Re: Diamond division and no cross platform divisions .
          LifeSong1

zcatastroph3z wrote:

So when playing in diamond and or any other league i think you should only play against players on the same console its unfair for those of us playing xbox one . being as we do not get the games as fast as other consoles due to the lack of players .

Just a thought

Not sure where you are getting your information but playing on the Xbox One does not put you at any more of a disadvantage than anyone else. We get games just as fast as other consoles.  Where are you getting your information from? And yes, I know that Xbox One has less players than 360 and PS4, but it isn't so few that we can't get into games very fast and to the point where it is affecting any war outcome.

Agreed. Try playing on PC. It is literally impossible to find a game in most game modes - "0 players in playlist".

Lifelong have you paid attention to the number of players online ???

30,000 max 7,000 pacific when you get on around 6pm pacific

So it would make a difference in game when you want to find a lobby .

When your waiting 10 minutes to find a lobby on 5different hosts (from different timezones mind you ) it matters so i don't know if you game hard enough to even realize that .

The facts are listed in game so please find someone else's post to troll .

LifeSong1

Yes, there are fewer people on Xbox One (I acknowledged that). But I do not have to wait 10 minutes or even 2 or 3 minute usually to find a match to play in. I typically get into a lobby very quickly. If you are playing by yourself then it is very easy to get in. If you are playing in a party of 6 it can take a bit longer but not all that long (I'm almost always in a party of 2-6). Even in that party the searching for a game never takes more than 15-30 seconds to find a lobby and then the normal countdown to get the game started. Not sure why you are having 10 minute wait times, but I'm pretty sure that is not normal and not what most people are experiencing.

From what I hear the PC players have it much worse than the Xbox One players (can't confirm as I don't have it on the PC).

And yes, I do play the game quite a bit (obviously not as much as you). I'm not trolling any post. I am here to help out in the forums and to contribute. Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean you need to go criticizing them and being rude. Have some respect.

Im sorry i know when you play infected you get games fast, im talking about when your searching for lobbies other than infected and drop zone. Criticizing ? Not at all simple fact of the matter is we don't have the same amount of players playing on the xbox one and i don't think we should do cross platform .Simple i'm not here to read about your symphony of feeling .  Unless your trying to get a job with activision 1 post and keep it moving sister.

(Side note) Took you a while to come up with a rebuttal. "2 players or by myself" im talking about clan wars here .. Have you played diamond division ? Have you looked at the leaderboards ? PSN clans are winning them why cause they get games they have more people online. As i said i think it shouldn't be cross platform . You might want to get out of party chat and talk in the pub games you will learn a thing or two. 

LifeSong1

I play HC:TDM the most to be honest...which has much fewer people than Core TDM...yet I still have none of the issues you are referring to.

You are making a claim with no proof to back anything up. You are saying that the sole reason Xbox One clans are not at the top of the DD leaderboards is because we don't get into games as quick (your opinion).  Where's your proof that this is the reason (not proof that there are fewer people online).

What do you want me to take screen shots of the number of players playing each game type are you high . HCTDM what a joke i remember when i first started playing . Im talking about clans in diamond not bronze come on now the proof is in front of your face pay attention on clan wars weekend . I have more than 50 guys in my clan that can all say the same thing in different timezone . Want proof visit my website www.dekay.co they will all tell you the same thing . I have friends in different clans that can tell you the same thing . As i said get out of corner camping get out of party chat and talk to the players this isn't something new . When you make it to diamond division one just one day than maybe you will understand . Game type with 586 players playing gets games fast pfft im sorry sister we dont solo in clan wars we try to win .

OUHATEME

For this last clan war I played on xone and had no issues getting matches in diamond division Used the est time slot.

Vixie

I Actually completely agree with this. I have both 360 and One and i will sit and wait for a lobby in most game modes that arent TDM or KC for a while and still find no games. Cranked is the worst for me. I now play the majority of clan wars on 360 due to wait times and the majority of my clan havent upgraded yet so its nicer socially.

There is actually a HUGE difference, 7,000 people online verses 100,000 people online. thats more than 10x a difference. When I was on west coast time zone for Diamond Clan wars and I needed to take a cranked node, I waited in a lobby of 5 clan mates (not even a full lobby) and it still took us 7 minutes to find a lobby. When your up against a PSN clan it takes them 10 seconds to find a match, due to there massive size of online players. I play xb1 and it is EXTREMELY difficult to find lobbies when it comes down to either us capping a node or the enemy, and obviously if they can find a game fast they will cap faster, uttering making clan wars broken and flawed because its not balanced if someone can cap nodes faster just by using a different console. Thats just using basic math, More players = More games to play = faster lobby waits = more nodes capped faster. If one clan can cap faster even though its the same amount of players, (and as a side note, we dont lose games when we play as a clan, so considering we are winning every game possible) we are still falling behind other clans cause of this one reason, if it was console verses console, the people would have the same issues making it bottom line FAIR. And I agree with this post, if you want to be FAIR, console verses console is the only way. And as another note, this is for all game types played during clan wars diamond division on the west coast which goes to 11:00 p.m. PDT. We are the last time zone to play meaning we can only play with those awake in west coast time zone, even furthering our attempt to actually win a clan wars in 1st place. We want first cause we want our Body Count gear as well, originally why Iam angered by this flawed system of match making. Especially verses other consoles. Please let an ADMIN reply with some good points to discuss.

I Actually also agree. In clan wars you want to have as many people on as possible, so when you have a lobby of 6 the wait time is pretty ridiculous. It's unfair for an xbox one play, such as myself, to go against a psn clan that can find a game almost instantly.

jnikoley

This is why it's important to have diversity among platforms in your clan.  During the first diamond war, PSN went down for an extended period of time, giving XBL heavy clans the edge.  Does that mean clan wars needs to be changed to be platform exclusive?  I would say no.

Clan wars has been cross-platform from the start.  Changing things now would create a huge disruption in the current clan wars model.  I'd venture to say the vast majority of clans are cross platform. If Beachhead were to change the wars to be platform specific, most clans would have to disband, or be broken up.

I would suggest you add some players from other platforms to your clan.  If you wish to be a pure XB1 (or any other platform) clan, them you will just have to accept sometimes there will be issues with XBL gold, psn, steam, etc., that puts you at a disadvantage from time to time.  Also, beachhead has recognized when these issues occur, and has granted rewards to the top 3 places equivalent to first place rewards.  They are doing that for the last war, and they did that for the first diamond war.

jnikoley

Regarding matchmaking, this last war they put onslaught maps into the rotation.  They did this knowing that it would split the available players for matchmaking into two groups, leading to long wait times for games.  Why was this done, then?  Because of an outcry from a majority of people that wanted onslaught in rotation.  Most people asking for that either weren't thinking or didn't care about what the consequences would be, or how it would affect matchmaking.  The majority got what they wanted.

So your telling me jnikoley that I have to split up my clan amongst xbox 360, xbox 1, ps3, ps4, wii, wiiU, and the PC? Tell me how any of what you just said makes sense, lets keep in mind the cap limit for a clan is 100. No matter if its cross platform or not. So your telling me to make a cap limit of 100 clan split up into 7 different groups? How do you manage such a thing and communicate between all these people?! Besides clan app, we all know that is slow and flawed. And why would anyone get upset to be in the same clan, the same clan wars and be verse the same people on their same console? How would that make any one upset? You wouldn't have to leave your clan, you wouldn't have to change anything, it would just be the reassurance youd be playing people on the same console. How would that effect the other clan members on another console? It simply does not even matter is the answer. They still play on xb1 and play the people on xb1, why would you have to leave a clan? And about matchmaking they didnt put them into rotation because of clan wars, they put them into rotation cause there is a new map pack out, duh. Next topic, I specifically said we want body count armor and that cant be obtained unless you get 1st n diamond division, its in the FAQ in the COD: Ghosts app.

I also see where you are being mislead, they wouldnt have to leave a any clan they were in, its not console exclusive. Just when matchmaking starts you get match made with clans of the same chemistry. For instance, IF you are xb1 exclusive youd be match made against other clans that are xb1 exclusive. If you are a combo, for ex. xb1 and xb 360, you will be match made up with clans that are xb1 AND xb 360. Super simple stuff dude.

jnikoley

If they were to make clan wars platform specific, then that's what would happen.  From my post, I thought it was clear that I do NOT want that to happen. The OP is the one suggesting that clan wars need to be separated between platforms.  I'm on your side, and if you understood my post, you would know that.

The matchmaking I was referring to is for game matchmaking, not clan matchmaking.  I should have specified that.

Life song1 you have your proof now ? Go listen to the lobbies my friend you learn a lot as i said !

jnikoley

Since there seems to be two separate topics in this thread, "Splitting up clan wars between systems", and "Finding matches is taking a long time", I will address the later topic in a separate post. Perhaps we can come up with some intelligent, and constructive ideas.

OUHATEME

TThey addressed the ones that had issues with population as stated here Clan Wars: Las Vegas and Clan Wars: Siberia Rewards but many such as myself who played on xone in the est time slot did not experience the issues that you seemed to have. So were there additional issues that may have been contributing to you Having longer times between matches ? This next part is not directed at you but as an in general statement . If you are a full party of 6 change up or remove your clan tags many want to back out when they see this ( I actually welcome it Because then I know I am against a full lobby faster matches ) , if your not in party chat how are they speaking between matches In the main lobby? There are a lot of d bags out there that do not know how to speak and the feel the need to use every new word that they have recently learned and feel the need for everyone else to hear it, many won't waste there time with people like that. I particularly use party chat they don't hear me I don't hear them . There has been a few times when we have faced other clans for numerous matches in a row to where I would send great game messages due to how competitive they were. Don't back out if you see the other team wearing clan tags it might be a game mode they are not comfortable , or they just might not be that experienced. Lobby hopping doesn't really help either while sometimes necessary don't overdue it. Again these statements were not directly aimed at you as I don't know your situation but they are there many that did not have the issues that you did either And some of these tips might actually help.

Thats great your not effected but the majority of players are west coast where the problem lies. as stated above. I will quote it for you if I absolutely have to...

And to answer your question, I am not completely dumb founded on to how to find lobbies fast. We use the "no clan tag" technique, party lobby technique, and all techniques you or anyone you know have thought of. You must automatically asume Ive tried everything in my ability on game before posting the problem here. Or else I wouldnt be here speaking of it.

OUHATEME

Was it a matter of waiting that long for a full lobby or was it people jumping into and back out of the lobby prior to the game starting that made it take so long? Was it more noticeable for you in this past clan war than in previous clan wars?

Well why dont some of you's get members from PSN then? I know my clan is trying to get a complete multiplatform clan going. So if you get some clan members on PSN you can even out the waiting times. Still will be boring as hell though for you players on xbox one. Just wanted to say i feel for xbox one and pc for going through that amount of time to get a game

we want to be xbox1 exclusive. It makes it easier and realistically better to maintain. We have a website up for us and 360 members, we are already struggling to keep a 360 side afloat and alive let alone many other platforms. The struggle of communication is the huge problem with that subject. ** I almost forgot to mention the 100 clan member cap limit. Thats a big reason we dont want to branch out to a bunch of other platforms, it will spread our control of clan to thin and we wouldnt have a side that is strong, or all platforms not being strong.