43 Replies Latest reply: Apr 12, 2014 3:42 PM by xqdogx RSS

Tired of people complaining in Ghost

xqdogx

I'm starting this post to see how many of you guys are tired of all the complaints and the whining in this game. People are always whining that they lost to my friends and I. They accuse us of all sort of things. My friends and I play together all the time and we often have a group of six and we dominate pretty much evrytime we play together. Our W/L% is from 5.0-20.0 because we play together and no we don't hack. People call us hackers, cheaters and one time someone accused us of having a "turbo knife". What the heck is a "turbo knife"? People only want the game to adjust to them so they can get better when the deal is to adjust to the game and improve yourself!

I'm tired of all these whinners, are'nt you?  People should let their game speak for them and except a lost and try harder next time. People need to understand there are better people out there. When we loose we come back the next game even harder and we don't complain in the lobby and my friends and I are quiet and we all know what we have to do next to win.

Let me here your stories.

• Re: Tired of people complaining in Ghost
          STEELERPRIDE7

Oh, I have a great story for you.  This one time I was running extra lethals with my IEDs (and Danger Close) against this wannabe tryhard clan who thought they were the bee's knees and after about 4 or 5 deaths via my IEDs.... Poof!  They were gone!  Only complaining I heard was through the death mic.  I wish they would have stuck around for the post game lobby, but that would've meant enduring several more IED deaths. 

P.S.  I only broke one arm, not two, patting myself on the back while writing this post.  A little humility goes a long way.

Even though i cant stand riot shield, ied tossers, i"ll put up with you. GO STEELERS!!

xqdogx

If you are proud of getting a few kills off IEDs then good for you but to be honest a clan that backs out after a few IED kills isn't much of a clan so don't hurt yourself reaching for that back too far. You might pull a muscle or two. My clan would leave for a few meaningless deaths from IEDs, we would just adjust to it and concentrate on winning. Most good players know how to deal with people who sit and wait for a trap to snare because they are people not headless chickens who will run into the same trap over and over again.

People who prey on these easy kills are shocked when they loose to a good group of players all the time and strain to pat themselves on the back for the 1 win out of a 100 that happened to go in their favor. People who maintain personal pride in IED kills as a major accomplishment versus a person who prides themselves in getting a 25 kill KEM are far in between like apples to oranges. So I say to those people pat away for that 1 victory and what do you do for the 99 that you lose?

DocChoi

I remember one match before the nerf I kept getting killed from IEDs and at one point was 0-6 and rage quitting was tempting, but played through it and ended up winning and going 32-13. To be honest sometimes we all start slow and sometimes horrific and at times rage quit but most of the time good players will always try to find a way to win.

The other day was was playing Containment, was 9-10 at one point against a team of guys patrolling all the paths/buildings lined with motion sensors and IEDs pretty well and we were getting our asses handed to us (we had a couple of 2 k/d guys too) and eventually I pushed the spawns and ended up finishing 30-11 and our team won 75-73. The guys on my team were very appreciative as we stuck it out and one good play helped earn my streaks and eventually the others finished the match. I find that against less skilled players, even if they camp it out, all it takes is one or two good plays to flush them out and it's over.

xqdogx

I agree, good players and good communication will prevail against weaker campers. Often if the same campers stay the good players change their setups and the weaker players will still do the same. The winning margin will be greater as the adjustments will make it easier to run through the opponents.

There is an awesome tool for that, its called  "mute all but friends", I cant stand the whining either, i use the mute all the time.

theroc23

Unfortunately a large portion of the mic'd community are immature twats. I'm not talking about squeekers either, I play primarily between the hours of 12:00AM & 3:00AM and I'm always amazed at how many college aged players are prone to exposing themselves as relative babies in terms a maturity. It all starts with the parenting, many of them are raising megalomaniacal children that grow up to be megalomaniacal adults that can't psychology deal with the reality that they're actually not the world class player they think they are. This usually results in them trying to trick fellow dumb players into foolishly running out into the open so that they may be killed easier. LOL 

Tomball_TX
                          TO be honest I would rather play against a group of 9 year olds who just wanna play than have to play a bunch of college kids at 3 AM.  I am thinking of putting together a clan of people who just wanna play.
                              theroc23

Yeah, it's pretty sad.

Im_Old_School

Case in point.  I played with a group of kids a week or so ago (3 boys and a girl ages ranged from 10 to 14) who were very cordial and polite (not just to me but surprisingly to each other). They had the game on lock.  They were giving call outs and communicating like champs.  They knew the maps, where each other was, where every member of the other team was or would be coming from etc.   If I gave a callout they would acknowledge it with, "Good Call" or "I'm on it", etc.  At the start they asked me how old I was and when I told them I was 52, one of them said, "Hey, my Grandpa is 54...we're callin' you Grandpa"  so for the next 8 games I played with these kids it was, "Two comin' your way Grandpa" or "Watch your corner Grandpa".  It actually came off more as a term of endearment rather than a cut (corny, I know).  They had to break it off at 11:00pm.  That was their weeknight gaming curfew.  It was some of the best games I had played to date and I have to believe it was because these kids appeared to have been raised right and were just playing and having fun while at the same time were some really good players (I think one of them had something like a 2.8 K/D).  They would give each other a hard time every now and then but it was all in good fun for them.  They could also laugh at themselves which I though was unique.  No profanity, no raging, no trash talking.  It was blowing my mind!

So not all squeakers are squeakers.  I would much rather play a match with these type "kids" than some of the college or 30+ trash talking, foul mouth adult pukes I run into. 

Let me know if your Clan option pans out.  I fit into the "Just like playing and having fun" category (too old to care about most of the crap that seems to get others in such a twist).  I'm in Tennessee. 

Silz616

Last night I had one of my most fun nights on Ghosts. FFA lobby (all randoms) with a few English speakers in it and we had great banter and a great laugh. It was a refreshing change. When the first blood happened, the person that was killed laughingly pointed out that he had been "done". That to me set the tone for everybody in the lobby. Then I shoot a guy in the back from range, who laughingly complained about his death, so I advised him to stay away from that area of the map as he would never catch me there. This is what started the chatting and laughing. Once the other people picked up on the adult behaviour, the lobby became amazing. I think if you have a toxic player in the lobby screaming and cussing, it rubs of on the other players who also start to ***** and moan. If some is light hearted and joking, that in turn rubs off on the lobby members. Don't get me wrong, I play to win. I am a try hard and can ***** with the best of them, but this lobby taught me to try and laugh things off and enjoy playing, even if you are getting bullshitted on. Laugh at the bullshit, don't complain. Sorry about the long post, but that lobby was great. Even got a friend request off one of the guys. Keep the faith.. Not everybody is a moron.

milo-iq

Though I'm crap on ghosts I weren't too bad on blops2 I had moans about me doing too good and affecting their game ? Had it a couple of times on ghosts sometimes you just can't win. What does embarrass me a little is when I'm with my yank mates and end up in an eu lobby and they get stick just for being yank. Ignorant prix !

xqdogx

Besides the group of clan members and guys I play with on the regular I also have a group of ladies who are in a ladies only clan I play with often. When I feel like just playing and enjoying the game just for fun I ask to party up with them. It's great not to hear trash talking from my friends and the cmopetitors for a change because there's less testosterone in the lobby. The ladies kick butt and they don't say anything afterwards. When the trash talking is initiated from the shovenistic pigs in the room they just say "mute" and that's the end of that. I chuckle a bit everytime that happens because I hear the pigs in the lobbies just keep getting more and more upset because they aren't getting the reactions they want from the ladies. It's like they struck out at the bar trying to hit on a lady.

It's also a good feeling to be the only male in the party with a group of ass kicking girls.

ChestSplittah

I'm tired of people complaining about people complaining. Not so much a story.. Just a public service interruption.

milo-iq

Can't remember  old skool  if it happened when we hooked up the other week but I do find it amusing in a yank lobby  when some bucket mouth yank giving it loads I reply in a pompous English accent quoting cuts from Wilde,Shaw,Goldsworthy even Churchill and they don't realise there getting turned ova until the mocking laughter of the others and then I accuse them of being Canadian !!!! Stop ya yacking moosefiddler lol

Tomball_TX

"Stop ya yacking moosefiddler"

This one is going into the rotation.

Im_Old_School

I remember somebody saying something about one of them being Canadian but I don't recall if it was you or the other guy from the UK that was in our group.  You both had me cracking up with some of the things you guys were coming up with during the games.   I know one of you cut loose in the lobby on one of the other guys who was badmouthing us and I remember busting out laughing because, even though I didn't know exactly what the American version of what you were saying was, I knew he was getting shredded.  I work with a lady from Scotland so I hear a lot of UK/Scottish slang and I can generally tell, by the situation or who we might be talking about, whether she is calling them an idiot or not.  I know I didn't hear "Moosefiddler".  I would definitely remembered THAT one!  

That was a good fun group.  Maybe we can bridge the 6 hour gap between us soon and get another group together.  By the time I get home and get on the game it's already midnight in your world.  Maybe over the weekend or if I can catch you one night up past your bedtime!  

xqdogx

Why are so many of these online?

A "wizard" troll doll, manufactured by Russ Berrie in the 1990s

They just don't have anything better to do.

Im_Old_School

Now there's what I would like to see running around Stonehaven with me!!!  I rather get that guy as a killstreak than a dog!!

Runnin' around with a little magic wand puttin' the spell on people!  Makin' their heads explode or their arms fall off and stuff!  And then get the "Call in 10 Magic Trolls" patch...BONUS!! 

Tomball_TX

looks like my ex mother in law.

Akeem7

i totally agree with you, whilst i like to play solo occasionally i predominantly play with my clan, and we destroy other teams.... the end result is the other team turns to racist remarks which pisses me off

xqdogx

I had a group of guys come into a lobby with my clan and I so it was a 6 vs. 6 parties. One of them I guess the party leader clls me out for my W/L% (12.5%) and says it was a hack. I told him well I don't play solo I only play with my clan or friends in a party of atleast 4 or more and we don't loose too often. He disagreed of course, so I told him to stay in the lobby as long as possible and we will give him and his team as many losses that he wants. We he'd stayed for 12 games and took 12 losses straight. Even when I asked him if he was convinced, to save face he still said you're getting reported. I replied for what giving out 12 ass whoopin'? We run n gunned, we camped we did everything in between. We all set our score streaks the same like choppers and griffons and called them in consecutively. We all ran missles and waited until all of us had them and sent out 18 missiles back to back. We all ran sentry guns and IMS and planted them everywhere on the maps. We all ran squad mates and had a 12+ vs. 6, and some of us had more than 1 squad mate out at a time. We destroyed these guys and they took it and complained after every match. People have this superman complex and they think they can't be beat. My friends and I we all know that there are better teams out there and when we do get beat we adjust and come back with a win. In fact most of the friends I have are from loosing to them and then comming back and beating them. Then we know how good each other are, respect each others game play and become friends. We are happy to make friends with people all the time when we dominate someone and they tell us wow that's a "ass whoopin' you guys put on us". We add those people and get them into the group and show them what we do and how we adjust to things. They become our friends and enjoy being on the winning side. We also stick up for each other so if you talk trash to one of us then the whole team will go hard and demolish you. So trash talking only makes us try harder. My friends and I also have an unwritten rule that we don't play against each other because it would only mess up our stats. We will however scrimmage in a private match witch are very educational.

Jonny_McClatch

Meh I enjoy the stupidity of it at times, we all get frustrated at times... but people accusing me of hacking etc is funny to me, if anything I tend to just wind them up more. It's the same if someone doesn't like me using a certain weapon, whether it's a shotgun, riot shield or even equipment like IED's or thermobarics... if they complain it just makes me want to keep using them if they don't like it they can rage quit. When I want to take a break from people just bigging themselves up and 'how great they are'... I usually go on to extinction and play a few rounds with people who appreciate the contributions you make.

Schoat333

Did you all know that only "camping little B's" run dead silence and amplify as perks? I was told this the other day after I turn and killed a guy that walked in a door way right behind me.

I just laughed. This guy ended up going like 35-5, and he was complaining about my perks? I must have killed him close to a KEM or something I guess?

xqdogx

The whinners are not just the loosers of the game. The winners are often the conplainers too. They complain because someone took them off a killstreak or a KEM. I admit that I have gotten irritated from a random grenade from someone who just spawns and just throws a hailmary. In the end I play the game to win, and for those who say winning isn't everything. I agree but I say this to you, It's more fun for me to win then lose and hear people talk smack to you. I would rather take a win and go negative then go positive and lose then give an excuse why I loss by blaming it on the randoms on my team. I ***** during the game to my friends but it's not to ***** but to annouce to my team that the enemy is using something like IEDs thermo grenades so they can adjust. In the lobby I just have fun and chat with my friends.

Im_Old_School

"I admit that I have gotten irritated from a random grenade from someone who just spawns and just throws a hailmary."

xqdogx I have to admit...I've thrown my share of "Hail Mary" Semtex's so...guilty as charged.

Best one (if there is a "best" one) was I got killed by one of 3 guys coming out of the back alley between the diner and pawn shop on Octane.  I respawned at the other end of the alley and when I realized what had happened I blind chucked one back toward where I knew they were coming from.  I heard the hit marker and then the explosion and then saw my kill points pop up on the screen.  Then I got the rage.  Bad thing was it was the final kill and got put on "Killcam TV" for everyone to see. 

Funniest part was the other guys on his team laughing at him while they watched it and while he was ripping on me for a "Cheap Shot" kill.  I told him I didn't think it was too bad of a shot for a blind guy.

Hope one of them wasn't you!!