1 2 3 Previous Next 50 Replies Latest reply: Apr 14, 2014 1:11 PM by jmillski RSS

Tryhards versus Trylesses!

BlackhawkbillOO7

Firstly, let start by defining two of the most stupid terms I've heard to describe a type of player.

"Tryhard": A "Tryhard" to me is someone who actually wants to win the game at all costs. They will run, camp, or patrol, in order for their team to secure the win. They will communicate effectively with other team members so as to assist them in knowing either where they were killed or where they see the enemy.

"Tryless": A "Tryless" is another made up word that I'll use to describe someone who just doesn't give a crap. This is someone who doesn't care if they are going 1 and 20 every game. These are the players that will keep running to the same spot, over and over again, just to die. These are players who will say "I don't care about winning I just play for fun". These are the players that somehow find enjoyment in losing. These are the same players that will call the "Tryhard" a cheater, a hacker, a camper, or any other name they can think of at the end of a match they just lost. In other words the "Tryless" is worthless.

I've been playing Call of Duty since Modern Warfare and it troubles me to read about the increasing level of individualism and overall selfishness of the people playing this game. I play to win! If I am playing solo I do whatever I can to assist the side I'm on to win and if I'm with my Clan I do whatever I can to secure the win with them. I don't play a match to be on top of the leaderboard, if I happen to be there at the end then so be it, at the end of the match all I want is to see that "W". Anyone who plays this game, or any other game, to lose is someone I don't want to be around. I want to play with other "Tryhards" and absolutely love to dominate and crush the "Trylesses".

I've read several posts over the past few weeks about how Clans are ruining certain game modes or how people teaming up and winning is ruining all the fun for the folks that like to lose. I think whats degrading this game are the "Trylesses". They add no value to game other than assisting other teams with more wins and kills. These same people will complain about how the "Tryhard" beat them, they will accuse the "Tryhard" of cheating, camping, or hacking. Yet, the same "Tryless" will do nothing to fix how they play because they "don't care if they win or lose a match".

If you are a "Tryless", as previously defined, and are looking to move away from being that type of player I would be more than willing to assist you. If you are a "Tryless", as previously defined, and want to continue playing as you have been then I just want to thank you in advance for increasing my win percentage and my KD.

• 1. Re: Tryhards versus Trylesses!
          Schoat333

I play for fun, and that's about it. I don't expect to win every game, but I don't purposely try to lose. Ultimately the point is to try and win. 

I do like to have a few beers while playing, but when I get to the point that my ability to play has diminished, I go and play infected lol.

• 2. Re: Tryhards versus Trylesses!
            Tomball_TX

maybe intoxicated could be in the next DLC ,,slower reaction times,,bullets don't hit,,,,wait its already out!! Lag-eriffic !

• 3. Re: Tryhards versus Trylesses!
              milo-iq

When with my clan I purposely go run n gun and do what damage I can before my demise. To some this would be tryless as kd don't bother me however to my teammates I'm recon and can callout positions.

• 4. Re: Tryhards versus Trylesses!
                955i-rider

And where do the people like me fit into your grand scheme?

I play for fun, but try as best I can.

However, thanks to the ridiculous lag (thanks to CONSTANTLY being connected to servers a million miles from where I am, or clans getting host benefit), the entertaining way the game often makes my character skip around the screen and the pathetic spawn system that generally means that if I don't spawn next to an enemy, if I kill someone one of his team mates spawns right behind me I generally struggle to get higher than 1:1 kd in any given game.

Not for want of trying, just issues in the game

Turns out when it is working right (rarely) I am not a bad player

• 5. Re: Tryhards versus Trylesses!
                  BlackhawkbillOO7

milo-iq wrote:

When with my clan I purposely go run n gun and do what damage I can before my demise. To some this would be tryless as kd don't bother me however to my teammates I'm recon and can callout positions.

I wouldn't base somebody being a "Tryhard" or "Tryless" solely on KD. My point is that if you are someone that runs around and doesn't care that your deaths are hindering your team's ability to win the match because you don't care if you win or lose then I would consider that person to be selfish and a "Tryless". If you are running around trying to scout out where the enemy is and you are actively communicating with your team then that could easily be considered "Tryhard". LOL!!!

My point is very simple. If someone wants to play like they don't give a crap that's fine...It's your game you paid for it...My issue is when someone plays like they don't give a crap and lose only to start talking crap about how the winning team cheated, hacked, camped, etc...those are the worthless players. They didn't care enough during the match to adjust how they were playing but felt righteous enough at the end of the match to accuse everyone else as to the reason they lost. 

• 6. Re: Tryhards versus Trylesses!
                    BlackhawkbillOO7

955i-rider wrote:

And where do the people like me fit into your grand scheme?

I play for fun, but try as best I can.

However, thanks to the ridiculous lag (thanks to CONSTANTLY being connected to servers a million miles from where I am, or clans getting host benefit), the entertaining way the game often makes my character skip around the screen and the pathetic spawn system that generally means that if I don't spawn next to an enemy, if I kill someone one of his team mates spawns right behind me I generally struggle to get higher than 1:1 kd in any given game.

Not for want of trying, just issues in the game

Turns out when it is working right (rarely) I am not a bad player

There is no grand scheme my friend...As I mentioned earlier, if you are playing to win and trying your best then you couldn't be considered as a negative. A "Tryless" (which, by the way, is a completely made up and stupid word) is the player who doesn't give a crap during the game but feels like he or she needs to deflect their indifferent play style by accusing the winning team of cheating or hacking rather than just STFU and go into the next match.   

• 7. Re: Tryhards versus Trylesses!
                      Im_Old_School

Finally, someone has given me an MOS class that describes my gameplay in COD Ghosts....

I am RECON!!!!

• 8. Re: Tryhards versus Trylesses!
                        Jaden198

A six man party in a lobby of randoms will statistically have the host more often than not.  Though I doubt that's where the "clans are ruining things" argument comes from.

I'll agree that the correct way to play the game involves communicating effectively with your teammates.  The OP attributes comments regarding clans hurting the game to players who want to "TryLess."  While that may be true in some instances, I doubt that it is the primary reason for folks who complain on the boards.  Posting requires extra effort.  By definition, a "TryLess" doesn't want to put forth the effort!

Look at it this way:

If I have a group of 5 guys with whom I play frequently, with whom I communicate effectively, and who know one another's strengths and weaknesses, we're going to outclass just about any group of randoms, regardless of how well they try to communicate.  This is the primary reason those MLG folks practice so much.

When I play with my group, facing clans makes for an interesting match.  When I'm running solo, all to often, facing clans means a lop-sided loss.  Have enough of those matches as a solo-player, during clan wars for instance, and the game is effectively a bust.  It's not a matter of the clan trying hard and me trying less.  It's a matter of 6 guys running like a well-oiled machine besting 6 guys who've just met.

At times, it seems as though the only way to really beast on this version of COD is to party up.  I've got friends who won't even play without a 6-man party!

The easy fix would be to bring in Mercenary modes, but they've chosen to really push clan participation this time around.  For a solo player, that's not good news.

• 9. Re: Tryhards versus Trylesses!
                          BlackhawkbillOO7

Jaden198 wrote:

A six man party in a lobby of randoms will statistically have the host more often than not.  Though I doubt that's where the "clans are ruining things" argument comes from.

I have no idea where the "clans are ruining things" argument comes from. I can only speculate that it's derived from solo players  that for some reason or another choose not to party up when playing 6 vs 6 game modes and experience the losing side of the game mode. Those players I have no qualms with as long as they are playing to win.

Jaden198 wrote:

I'll agree that the correct way to play the game involves communicating effectively with your teammates.  The OP attributes comments regarding clans hurting the game to players who want to "TryLess."  While that may be true in some instances, I doubt that it is the primary reason for folks who complain on the boards.  Posting requires extra effort.  By definition, a "TryLess" doesn't want to put forth the effort!

I think you may have slightly misread my original post.

What I stated was "I've read several posts over the past few weeks about how Clans are ruining certain game modes or how people teaming up and winning is ruining all the fun for the folks that like to lose. I think whats degrading this game are the "Trylesses"."

The "Tryless" to me is the individual that doesn't care about winning. They are however upset sometimes when they get completely stomped into the ground and start talking crap and accusing the winning side of being cheaters and hackers. Yet these same individuals put little to no effort in trying to win the match for their own team.

In regards to your doubts about the "Tryless" players not posting because it requires a level of effort. I would argue, based on how some of the posts have been written, that they could easily post with the same level of effort they put into playing their games. LOL!!!

1 2 3 Previous Next