27 Replies Latest reply: Jul 5, 2015 11:09 PM by xxsufferedmass RSS

No Games Found

DorianJF

Is it just me or is this a problem.

I have sat the last 2 days struggling to find games on Multiplayer live.  Not just team deathmatch but all of them.

It took me 1hr 15 min to eventually get a game yesterday and even then it was only 8 players.  As soon as the game ended, 1 dropped out and we were stuck again.

Today, same story.  45 min to get a game and then 3 drop out and stuck again for another 30 min.

• Re: No Games Found
          katiecakes420

I experience this as well wbut when my NAT reads "moderate". I will resart my router, wait for it to connect me back onto live, Then the NAT usually will read "open"

After doing this i am usually able to jump right into a game.

Hope this helps, Cheers!

DorianJF

That hasn't really solved the problem

I have googled this and there are many that are having the same problem.  But according to most of the complaints Activision say its not them.( Yeah Right)

This is a real problem.  Where in the past you would always find a game, now nothing.

COD Ghosts is broke and someone needs to fix it

zingaa

Yeah I get the same problem

EJKHunter

It can't be on their end if the 99% majority isn't experiencing it. This could be a number of issues or conflicts.

Your console might have bad playlist or hosting data which is causing your search to be highly throttled. Your router might be on strict NAT, which would make it damn near impossible to find any games. Your router might just be slightly glitched, giving you a temporary strict or moderate NAT fixed by a reboot of the device.

Clear your Xbox's cache, restart. If it's still like this, reset your router, if you have to go into its setting and make sure something didn't bug (a lot of routers now are java based and at times bug out and default settings, which don't change even after a reboot). If that's not the issue, speak with your ISP, they may have throttled your bandwidth, or they may have decided to block certain ports necessary to use Xbox Live Matchmaking servers. All of these things are not on IW or Activision's end, and many may be beyond your control. There are some ISP's that basically run a very tight ship and people that try and online game with them are treated to horrible experiences. There are some ISP's that maybe didn't run that strict, and then yesterday (example) decided to tighten the reigns, which means you aren't the only one in your area running into this. There are some that quite simply throttle one account because.. who knows, ask them lol

What I'm trying to get across is there are lots of reasons. Activision and XBL Matchmaking are not going to do anything to restrict you from playing, why in the ever living f*ck would they do that? There's no logic in thinking that at all. You're experiencing an issue on yours or your ISP's end, and there's quite literally zero Activision can do to help you.

You maybe are one of the minority who experience major connective issues due to netcoding alterations from the patch. They always tweak the code and try new things out, perhaps those changes with your home's connection aren't compatible. That does happen dude, and there's literally nothing at all that can be done. They aren't actively trying to make you stop playing the game, it just so happens that certain router settings, or possibly even ISP settings that you can't change, are now incompatible with this version of the games netcode. I have a buddy that with the last patch (before the current) he basically had unplayable lag. Through his ISP he discovered that it was the netcode translation coming in, the ISP's internal firewall was blocking certain packets because of their security system. They sent Activison a diagnostics report so they'd know that certain ISP's would be unable to fully process transmission of their online software at present. After this last patch, boom, he can play with no lag at all because they altered the netcode so packet transmission doesn't ping well known ISP firewall security lol

I'm thinking your ISP and a few others are experiencing something similar. That or your ISP just turned into one of those rare A-Hole ISP's and they're blocking the Matchmaking ports. Try another game on XBL and see if you don't have game finding issues. Try a couple maybe. If it's just Ghosts, then it's just this patch, and though you're upset and irate, you're among a very small minority experiencing similar issues. Which means support is already likely aware, but the best anyone can tell you would be just hold out... play something else for awhile. It isn't a huge deal, honestly. The world is not coming to an end, cats and dogs are not sleeping together, no mass hysteria. I had an issue like this back with MW3 where I couldn't play for a month. Meh, just played something else until the next patch dropped, then everything was fine. Course, that's how I went from being the highest level among my friends (friendly competition, first to max prestige) to the lowest... one of the first CoD's I didn't max out before everyone else on my list lol but that was the worst thing that happened

DorianJF

Very Valid points raised.  Thanks

Problem that I have is that it has happened as soon as the last upgrade came through.  Maybe it is a South African thing (Remember this is the Dark continent) because all the members of my clan are all experiencing the same problem since the last upgrade.

So today it was 1hr 45 min before a friend invited me to join him in a game because he had just entered one.

We lets see what happens.  Maybe just wait it out.  It may only happen when pigs fly, cats and dogs sleep together and there is world peace.  Or it may not

xoMrSLAVEox

Yes your right it started after last update for me aswell and i have open nat on my router and in the game

ButterflyDream

I get the same problem on ps3 in South Africa right now. I removed the dlc and now only wait 10 mins or so for a game. It must be happening to a few folks down here because when you get into a game everyone sticks to it for a long long time. Normally there would be mass exodus with certain maps but last few days. One solution is to play some private matches, i have been setting them up a lot lately and they have been some of the most fun i have ever had on COD.

EJKHunter

Ah, you're on a different continent, that can happen outside the major three (that wasn't gloating by any means, that's just how some companies refer to it lol)... North America, Europe, and Asia (well, eastern Asia at least) are treated the best in terms of how well the patches and netcoding work with local ISP's and routers and such. Outside of them, other countries have other regulations and what-have-you that most developers and publishers cannot take into consideration due to the limited development time and in the case of CoD, lifetime of support period. They design patches and fixes around the list of ports and coding that the major three utilize and work under, and sometimes when they make changes for us, it screws up things for others (like South Africa for example) in their netcoding - virtually making the game unplayable for pockets of time. You'll be happy to know they become very aware of these issues very quickly generally, so I don't think this will be a long-term ongoing ordeal. If it is, there may be nothing that can be done until the next Title Update drops.

Sometimes, and this is mostly just for we gamers, where you live can really be similar driving with a wheel missing... it can be done, but g'damn if it isn't a b*tch lol It's likely an unforeseen issue in the change to the netcode with this last patch and isn't compatible with your ISPs over there... which sucks >.<

There's also the issue of your servers not updating to align with the patch properly, which is defiantly an Activision problem but that can happen a lot outside of the major three I've noticed. Countries in the middle-east and south-western Asia get it the worst. They'll get the same patch we all got over here, but their servers won't understand half the netcoding data because they haven't been updated themselves yet... which means.. well, you sit in a dead lobby and can't find a single game except for locally hosted ones from within your region... aka, seeing the same 6 people all the time from your demographic region lol eventually your servers will be updated and poof, that problem will vanish

f1r3dra90n

Great explanation.  I am in SCA (South Central Asia) right now and having a heck of a time finding matches.  Hopefully they patch the servers soon or fix the connection issues in the next update! 

I haven't had any problem finding a game, so it may not be an issue on their end.  It may be related to your router or Internet service.  Good luck!

xxsufferedmass

my nat is always open,yet still get no game found all day .survival works thats it.so its not the nat type.

starbuckfrack

Everytime this happens to me I just reboot my router and Xbox. Works every time.

On the ONE I reset my Mac address and that solved a LOT of problems.

I am on the PS3 and i am having the same problem. everything was normal and right after the update i could not connect to a game on extinction nightfall. I contacted Activision Nearly everyday on facebook and their support page and on reddit, and now i feel that i can work in Activision support. This is how it goes

Support

Hi my name is bla how may i help you.

ME

Right after the update i can not connect to games

Support

Fady i am a gamer my self i can understand your frustration let me see how i can help you

Me

okay

Support

are u wired or wirless.

Me

Wired

Support

whats your speed

me

blablalba

support

did you open the ports

me

yes

support

what ports

Me

blalbalabla

Support

you should connect through DMZ

ME

okay done

Support

whats your nat type

ME

tried with all 3 open moderate and strict

Support

okay Fady since the problem is only with nightfall please try play another game mode and i will forward your issue to the appropriate parties.

This will always be what they will say. there is no thought process at all

I contacted PSN as Activision said the problem could be them and honestly the guy i spoke to their was so much better than Activisions whole support team.

He concluded that since this problem happened right after the update and everything was working fine before that he believes that even though our consoles are updated, some servers for example eastern Europe (Cyprus Greece), middle east and now im guessing Africa have not been updated to match our updated consoles hence not finding games.

This answer made alot of sense to me but he was just guessing. I told this to the support team of activision and they didnt even bother telling me if its a viable answer they just said we will forward it the appropriate parties.

anyway hope this kind of helped  i know i am on PS but it could be the same problem

I have had this problem too!! I've tried restarting my console, restarting my router but it doesn't work! Before i go into a game, it shows a handful (around 4000) people on search and rescue. 1. I'm playing on my own so it should drop me in quicker. I end up waiting 15-30 mins for a lobby. Its ridiculous and one more thing!!

THEY NEED CONNECTION BARS INGAME, it's getting ridiculous how I can't see how my connection is and i just end up lagging out! In my opinion, MW2 had quicker and better servers so IW need to fix these problems

BanHaMMer

I am on the PS4 in a major city, same problem here. Games hard to come by.

Done all the modem stuff.

zingaa

I've also reset everything, still happens once and while. I usually set the controller down for a few and then it's fine

zingaa

Yet right after I wrote that ^^^ I couldn't find a game to save my life, maybe something with matchmaking changed again

im having an issue with  this too   it kicks me completely offline   i have done every trick online  and nothing   im even getting a new router    the update ****** up   i deleted it and redownloaded it

Hopefully, when the next update comes out, it may help solve this problem. It always seems like when you think tons of people will be on, you can't find a lobby. Kind of sucks.

DorianJF

So could not get hold of Activision yesterday but by looking through google, this is definitely a huge problem.

Well we will have to see what happens when the next patch comes out.  This morning I could not get a game at all.  So maybe it is getting worse.  Who knows.

D4ncem4n

Hey i had the same problem so i deleted the first map pack and now i get into games every time in seconds not even getting waiting times from clicking on a game mode right in every time.

starbuckfrack

Dont think if anybody answered this but sometimes and depending on the country you are in only a few people playing at the time might be playing that game mode and also have the map packs.

A good chance that if you bought the map packs you unknowingly forced yourself into low population lobbies. Stick them on a USB and take out the USB when there are problems.

nicocod

Sounds like a fault on your end. Don't get me wrong, I know the feel!

I gamed with Nat Type Strict for 2 years. Couldn't find ****! And my ISP said: "We don't support Xbox problems" but then my uncle returned from the army (he visits us once a year, he's into the IT stuff) and told me it's a easy fix!

Logged in onto my router setting on my web browser (didn't even know how to do that, but searched my ISP's forum for solutions) and went to the option "UPnP"and enabled it. After that rebooted my Xbox and boom, Nat Type Open! As easy as that.

kimminjoon87

Same crap here =(

xxsufferedmass

was having this problem with aw.then i uninstalled gorge and havoc dlc and all the sudden i was getting games.some sort of glitch in matchmaking related to dlc it seems.bummer.