11 Replies Latest reply: Apr 10, 2014 5:27 AM by rlbl RSS

IW Tweaks the Pointstreak System On Certain Game Modes

XPhoenixJonanX

Infinity Ward tweaks Ghosts’s pointstreak system to better reward objective players – Charlie INTEL Blog: Call of Duty G…

This is freaking good news; I was playing KC until I notice my pointstreak bar being halve way picking a tag.

This is what I actually like in BO2 and the only thing I was missing from BO2. I seriously didn't expect this kind of update. IW I have to said good job on this update, this is possibly the only update that put a smile on my face.

No words on spawn fixing or sounds option yet....

I was playing Ghosts less and less for the pass months lately due to not being rewarded for being an objective player. The game slowly becoming better has time goes on....

You think this update too late for Ghosts?

P.S. Let the stealing tags contest begin once again...

• Re: IW Tweaks the Pointstreak System On Certain Game Modes
          IndyOldGuy

I kind of like it too,  gives more incentive to actually playing the OBJ

Still other things that certainly need tweaked...

KurtK24

Yeah lets change the point streaks cause that really matters.  Don't worry about all the other stuff that is wrong with the game. 

Just what the community wanted was for Ghosts to be like BO2.  Get real. 

Do they think they will pull more from BO2 so they can sell more DLC?  Not gonna happen

Once again it is all about money and not pleasing the loyal fan base.

XPhoenixJonanX

Eh, you can't please everyone; I thought this update was a huge step forward. Yes, there is tons of things wrong with this game I agree with you 100%.

IW lose me has a customer already when the 1st DLC didn't drop to regular rotation and they didn't mention a single news of when it was going to be put to regular rotation.

I already paid $115 for a Hardened Edition....I may has well try out every DLC release since I can't get a refund :d

maccabi

KurtK24 wrote:

Yeah lets change the point streaks cause that really matters.  Don't worry about all the other stuff that is wrong with the game.

Just what the community wanted was for Ghosts to be like BO2.  Get real.

Do they think they will pull more from BO2 so they can sell more DLC?  Not gonna happen

Once again it is all about money and not pleasing the loyal fan base.

Actually rewarding obj play was something the community has cried out for since the game came out.

but hey lets just make something positive look negative shall we

KurtK24

That was my point.  It took 5 months for them to change point streaks and yet there are so many other problems that need addressing.  It is clearly about money and trying to lure people from BO2 so they will buy the DLC.  What other reason would they have for changing point streaks 5 months after release other than to make more money.  We r already playing the game, so what does it matter to us.

I dont blame them for wanting to make as much money as possible cause that is the nature of business, but they shouldn't act like they care about spawns, etc and not address these problems.  I don't believe they ever intended to fix the spawns cause obviously that is how they intended it to be in the first place.

The funny thing about the point streak is you can now spam 3,5,7 killstreaks so fast that the maps now become advanced uav, ims, sentry infested.  I love KC now dropping 40 kills in 5 minutes.  Kinda silly if you ask me.  Maybe nobody realized what was going on but the gameplay didn't change much.

Highwayman0226

Hmm, so every kill in KC is worth 1.5 now if you get your own tags?  This should be interesting. 

admunday

I've said this on another thread, but I think it's a good but also sad change which reflects poorly on elements of the community.

The incentive to collect tags / cap flags is to win games.  Disappointing that additional incentives are needed to try and encourage players to do this.

But, we are where we are, so I consider it a good change.

southsideswanga

I think this is the worst news ever because if this took so long to be fixed it means the spawns are gonna suck until 2018.

rlbl

So no fix is better news than a fix?

makes sense

southsideswanga

I think you missed the point I was making so let me explain. Just to be clear though I am glad they made this change because even baby steps are technically considered progress.

In BO2 you got scorestreaks for picking up tags in kill confirmed from the moment the game came out and treyarch never fixed the spawns on BO2.

In ghosts it took IW 5 months to do something as simple as giving you a scorestreak for picking up a tag in kill confirmed so it is a pretty safe bet IW hasn't even bothered to consider that the spawns on this game are horrible or that they would even need fixing.

I don't mean to turn a positive into a negative but this should never have needed to be something that needed to be changed and yet it still took 5 months to do.

Another point, IW said when the game came out they removed quickscoping from the game but in fact quickscoping is still in the game so they haven't even fixed something that they have already fixed or allegedly fixed.

rlbl

Understood... but the news that it was fixed/change is not bad; the thought that if it took this long to change something simple (that arguably should not have been changed in the 1st place), how long will it take to fix something that is more complicated. Thanks for clearing that up (I did take it the wrong way when 1st read: I keyed on the fact that fixing it was bad news, which is not exactly what you meant)

As far as quickscoping: They did take it out.  Well, they took out what they perceived quickscoping was. Which in turn means those who complain it is still there have a different perception of what quickscoping is.

I (as well as others) said that people would still complain that QS was in the game because people have their own definition of what it is.  I remember saying that only way to remove it from the game is to do what 3ARC did in early BO1, and look what happened... but I digress.