14 Replies Latest reply: Apr 12, 2014 2:31 AM by FaclonPower98 RSS

more dlc wii U?

thedocdxd

anyone knows if there are intentions to get more maps through a dlc, multiplayer verson of the WiiU?

• Re: more dlc wii U?
          BobbyMcGee

no

WiimotesRus02

Apparently we're getting the rest of the maps to catch up with everything else in a few weeks. We should have had it for Easter but there was a delay because a patch to reduce recoil on the wiimote was sent to xbox instead, causing absolute havoc. So yeah in a few weeks time

It was brought to our attention a couple of days ago but someone obviously forgot to comment about it on the other identical thread to this one, the one that you actually commented on before you started a brand new thread about a subject considered spam in the forum. 

The point is to not divide the community, between DLC map and mode.

So I can understand why we cannot obtain maps, but extinction map, weapons and camo won't divide the community.

There is no reason we don't get a special DLC then...

FaclonPower98

There sure is! .... If you live in a world of dreams..

like2nap03

You know what?  I'm not going to rule it out.  We got Freefall.  No one saw that coming.  The other consoles got another free map.  Maybe we will too.  I never thought this game would get any form of DLC, and then we got a free map.  So yeah, I'm going to say it's plausible just because I was so wrong by saying it would never happen for this game. 

FaclonPower98

Free fall came because 1. It was made available for everyone on all other consoles. 2. It was in normal playlists so it couldn't split the community up. It was logical to bring the map to WiiU.

like2nap03

I know.  And they did the same thing with another map on the other consoles.  So I'm not ruling that out as a possibility again since it's, you know, possible.

FaclonPower98

Yes but only this time it would split the small community up, player numbers have to go up for them to bring dlc to the wiiu and they're only going to go down with the imminent release of Mario Kart 8.

like2nap03

Well yeah.  I meant if they gave us another one for free and made it available to everyone.  That wouldn't divide us and would be a great thing.  I'm saying I'm not ruling out getting another free one for everyone since I was so wrong the first time. 

I don't think Mario Kart 8 will will effect this much.  I switch up my time between like 4 different games quite often.  Even between different consoles.  Those of us that still actively play the game will always find time for it.

FaclonPower98

There's only 1 problem...theres no more free dlc, well the gun dlc wouldn't split the community up but they are included in the DLC packs and the dlc packs are unlikely to come so chances are very slim.

I think Mario Kart 8 will affect COD because when a first party game comes out most nintendo fans rush to get it compared to a minority that buy third party games on the WiiU. It depends if they switch game playing around like you or some can't afford it just yet, but I think on launch day numbers will definitely be down due to the fan hype surrounding mario kart 8. Maybe once it dies down numbers will rise again but this is an online game and a first party title, most online wiiu titles have low numbers online but first party games like mario sell at least around a million so I have a pretty good idea of what this will do to other online games.

LucaPac

Still asking for more dlc?

They won't come, please deal with it