29 Replies Latest reply: Apr 11, 2014 3:44 PM by Satakyn RSS

Time for More Prestiges?

I happen to be really enjoying Ghosts, and adding more Prestiges, just like in Infinity Ward's last CoD, would be a really good idea.

Maybe due to the whole "10 Player Squad" system IW's got going on, it would be somewhat tricky to add more Prestiges. Since I couldn't see IW adding 10 more players for your Squad, I think the leveling should just become cumulative across all Squad Members after Prestige 10+. Keep all your Squad Members, classes, unlocks across each individual Squad Member, but if you level up to Prestige 10, level 20, all Squad Members level up to Prestige 10, level 20.

I feel that after IW released the patch that allowed all Operations to be active at any given time, leveling got a lot faster. As a veteran Call of Duty player, I was averaging around 18-20 Hours per Prestige from about  Prestige 1-6. Then after that patch was released, my average time went down to 7-8 Hours from Prestige 7-10. I for one am a strong believer in leveling shouldn't be easy and quick. Yes I do probably play a bit more than the average person, but in a game like Ghosts where your level really doesn't mean anything (You can just buy everything), leveling needs to stay slow.

I was very disappointed that Treyarch didn't add any additional Prestiges with Black Ops II, so I hope you continue to add Prestiges. I mean, would it really be bad if Ghosts had say, 100 Prestiges? Like I said, level means very little in this game, so why not the more the merrier?

• Re: Time for More Prestiges?
          starbuckfrack

Time for you to post in only ONE thread ?

Or trying putting the controller down and go outside. lol

myevo8you

If you prestiged in 7-8 hours then you are either boosting or cheating.

There simply isn't a way to do that even on 2xp weekends.

As for adding more prestiges, NO it will never happen. Adding more squad members and all the extra memory it would require just don't exist.

AntiGov

Why would they need to add more squad members? They could easily allow you to prestige each squad member again.

VenserTheExiled

i was thinking the same thing..

the only reply to adding more prestiges is people say, "OH DERP DERP DERP, can't cuz can't add mwore squad mumberz duhhhhh."

well ever think that they didn't have to add a squad member to add a prestige? make it a "buy prestige" options in barracks and make each prestige unlock to cost w/e amount of SP they wanted to make it... like 1,000 sp for p11, 2,000 sp for p12... and so on. and then, yes, your squad members will earn the levels across the board as you do with the prestige so they don't fall behind.

myevo8you

VenserTheExiled wrote:

i was thinking the same thing..

the only reply to adding more prestiges is people say, "OH DERP DERP DERP, can't cuz can't add mwore squad mumberz duhhhhh."

well ever think that they didn't have to add a squad member to add a prestige? make it a "buy prestige" options in barracks and make each prestige unlock to cost w/e amount of SP they wanted to make it... like 1,000 sp for p11, 2,000 sp for p12... and so on. and then, yes, your squad members will earn the levels across the board as you do with the prestige so they don't fall behind.

If they made the prestiges cost so much, the ONLY players who would reach max prestige would be the ones who do NOTHING but play all day. Think about it, in order to get all 10 prestiges you need a total of 1,515 squad points. This takes the average person around 9-10 DAYS of playtime just to be able to unlock all 10. So to unlock 11th prestige the AVERAGE player would need to play TEN MORE DAYS just to get enough to purchase them. Then, another TWENTY DAYS to unlock 12th prestige. How many players do you think have the time to play 40 days just to get to 12th prestige?

myevo8you

AntiGov wrote:

Why would they need to add more squad members? They could easily allow you to prestige each squad member again.

Because it wouldn't work with the way the system is designed for prestiging. If you "double prestiged" a character you would have issues with all kinds of things. If people wouldn't try to race to max prestige as fast as possible and have 20+ days of playtime right now, it wouldn't be an issue. There is no one to blame other than themselves for playing so much.

Why would/should they make more prestiges for a game that has all but lost most of it's players? Tonight at 8PM PST there were 80,000 players on the 360, 14,000 on the One, and 67,000 on the PS3 (these are the systems our family have Ghosts on). A friend told me there were around 20,000 on the PS4. SO over 4 systems there were only 181,000 playing. A far cry from the 500,000+ just on the XBOX 360 last year a few days after the second map pack released.

Satakyn

Double prestiging characters wouldn't be that hard to code, what does that interfere with? They could easily implement a reset button that resets a character back to level 1 and relocks all their unlocked items. The character would still carry the original prestige icon but could earn a 2nd prestige icon for 11-20. Instead of purchasing a whole new character, you would just be forced to buy things again with your squad points, unless resetting a character also locks it so that you have to spend squad points on it to unlock the character again, though if they did that then I would expect the character to cost 600, 700, 800, etc up to 1500 for purchasing characters a second time.

AntiGov

myevo8you wrote:

AntiGov wrote:

Because it wouldn't work with the way the system is designed for prestiging. If you "double prestiged" a character you would have issues with all kinds of things. If people wouldn't try to race to max prestige as fast as possible and have 20+ days of playtime right now, it wouldn't be an issue. There is no one to blame other than themselves for playing so much.

Why would/should they make more prestiges for a game that has all but lost most of it's players? Tonight at 8PM PST there were 80,000 players on the 360, 14,000 on the One, and 67,000 on the PS3 (these are the systems our family have Ghosts on). A friend told me there were around 20,000 on the PS4. SO over 4 systems there were only 181,000 playing. A far cry from the 500,000+ just on the XBOX 360 last year a few days after the second map pack released.

It would be following the prestige system to the letter, having all squad members prestiged would allow you to go through and prestige each one again. What kind of issues would we have? Don't just say "it won't work" without giving some sort of reason.

I don't know about you but I could care less about the people not playing this game. Ghosts has been a huge letdown to many and all but I still play it with friends.

poisonvein7

nah i dont agree with either boosting or cheating because the same thing happened for me. as soon as they made all of them available at once i was prestiging in 7-8 hours as well. i literally get like 20-40k xp a game.

AlteredVista

My idea is that they should have a set of end game challenges and rewards for max prestige.  Please vote in my discussion:

http://community.activision.com/ideas/3478

obzi

It's all been too easy and so most all flown through the prestige ranks even those relatively low hours played.

Instead on it being rank 60 to prestige it should have been 100, 200 or even higher, and each prestige should have got higher still so reaching fifth would actually mean something.

So much could have been done to achieve higher prestige ranks you could have have been forced to complete a certain percentage of Operations, play various game modes, use the entire range of guns, it's been too easy, too predictable and so the prestige ranks don't mean anything anymore.

I Like this game but one criticism I have of it is the complete lack of imagination by the devs when it comes to doing something different, there's so much of it that we've seen before.

phantom139

I don't understand why people always want to "race" to the top, I'm happily sitting at third prestige at the moment, and I usually play squads just because it's more fun anyways.

I don't think this game needs more online prestiges, 10 is good enough, even if the ranking is alot quicker. Instead, I think what they should add are come special camos and patches that you earn the ability to buy with your squad points by prestiging. And then if you get to prestige 10, they could add an option to reset your stats for like 2500 SP or something, allowing you to reset back at level 1, but keeping your squad points.

Satakyn

I've been thinking about this lately especially since I just recently reached prestige 9. I'm waiting until the next map pack to use the tenth character because I want to use the next gun when I start using that character (I hope it's a new LMG).

I was thinking a cool way to hit prestige 20 would be a reset button for any prestiged character. When you get a squad member to prestige, you should have the option to reset that character, relocking everything you unlocked with tokens and allowing you to level up and prestige the character a second time. While I really like what they did with this game (not making you start all over when you prestige and allowing you to go back and play old characters with old class setups you used before), I think this would be a good dynamic for the veteran CoD players who have the desire to try and reach prestige 20.

OR an option to reset your stats on ghost

starbuckfrack

When you are offered (for example) 12 pieces of cake, you shouldnt ask them to give you 1 more piece because you went thru them so fast.

Savor the flavor before digging into the next piece.

Satakyn

As someone who is NOT complaining about prestiging too fast, I personally just think it would be fun to be able to do it all over again. Instead of focusing on leveling, now I'm just playing for fun and I don't play as hard as when I'm trying to level up. I'd like the challenge of starting over with a squad member and having to purchase everything again as well as the fun of leveling that squad member up again. After nearly prestiging by the time DLC2 came out, I just think that being able to prestige up to 20 would give this game a new level of replayability outside of just a simple competitive multiplayer.

puertoricanguy9

not everyone has the time to get all their soldiers to max level..10 prestiges is fine and shouldnt be changed

Satakyn

If that's the case, then they should offer it as a purchasable add on like the extra slots. Spend two bucks and get the option to reset a squad member's prestige so you can do it all over again. Then the only people who would even do it are the hardcore CoD players who buy the Season Pass and purchase all the customizable items.

Not everyone is as casual a CoD gamer as you are, some people play so much that a second set of prestiges would be a useful way to get them to continue playing more outside of just playing for fun or playing with their clan. I'm personally holding off on my 10th character to level it up when DLC3's weapon releases early so that I can level with that gun. I'm also spending time now unlocking everything on that character just to have one character with everything unlocked.

VenserTheExiled

even if it took 20+ days to get to max prestige if they added more doesn't seem to be a problem to me. most people max prestige have 5k+ SP sitting around, why not let it go somewhere useful. casual players need not to worry, just let those who want to advance more do what they want with their time as well as whatever you want. if you spend 15 days playing and you're prestige 5, that's your deal... you play however you want, and so do we (anyone else). give us more prestiges to give us something else to do and work towards as new DLC comes out. by August, the majority of casual players will be max prestige and getting bored. while we wait for the next CoD keep us on the game by challenging us more and more.

myevo8you

Satakyn wrote:

Then the only people who would even do it are the hardcore CoD players who buy the Season Pass and purchase all the customizable items.

Not everyone is as casual a CoD gamer as you are, some people play so much that a second set of prestiges would be a useful way to get them to continue playing more outside of just playing for fun or playing with their clan.

Your post shows exactly WHY there shouldn't be more prestiges. The players who have already prestiged to 10 and still have 20+ days played are going to play NO MATTER WHAT, while the players who are playing a few hours here or there can still reach max prestige before the next game comes out.

What you are suggesting is to pander to the players who would play if there were 5 prestiges or 30 prestiges. It really wouldn't matter as they would play no matter how many there were.

I am a VERY dedicated COD player and have been since the original way back on PC. I thought the worst idea EVER was when they made more prestiges for MW3. That is the ONLY COD game I never reached max prestige in, and in a way it bothers me. The resetting of stats isn't that big of a deal, because you could still reach max prestige WITHOUT being forced to reset.

AntiGov

myevo8you wrote:

Satakyn wrote:

Then the only people who would even do it are the hardcore CoD players who buy the Season Pass and purchase all the customizable items.

Not everyone is as casual a CoD gamer as you are, some people play so much that a second set of prestiges would be a useful way to get them to continue playing more outside of just playing for fun or playing with their clan.

Your post shows exactly WHY there shouldn't be more prestiges. The players who have already prestiged to 10 and still have 20+ days played are going to play NO MATTER WHAT, while the players who are playing a few hours here or there can still reach max prestige before the next game comes out.

What you are suggesting is to pander to the players who would play if there were 5 prestiges or 30 prestiges. It really wouldn't matter as they would play no matter how many there were.

I am a VERY dedicated COD player and have been since the original way back on PC. I thought the worst idea EVER was when they made more prestiges for MW3. That is the ONLY COD game I never reached max prestige in, and in a way it bothers me. The resetting of stats isn't that big of a deal, because you could still reach max prestige WITHOUT being forced to reset.

How in the hell is how much someone has played any of your concern? Why don't you just come out and say it, "I don't want more prestiges because I won't reach max".

Some people have more time than others to play. I work 60+ hours a week and you don't see me crying, get over it.

myevo8you

AntiGov wrote:

myevo8you wrote:

Satakyn wrote:

How in the hell is how much someone has played any of your concern? Why don't you just come out and say it, "I don't want more prestiges because I won't reach max".

Some people have more time than others to play. I work 60+ hours a week and you don't see me crying, get over it.

The reason I didn't reach max in MW3 was because the game was garbage, the same as Ghosts. I only played it for around 3 days total playtime, and that was only after the last major update that added HC face off 3v3 as it was the only mode that wasn't unplayable.

You are missing the point I was trying to make. The MAJORITY of players would not be able to reach max prestige, and for those that are either completionists or want to reach max prestige, it will discourage them from playing even more. This game already has the lowest playerbase of any COD that hasn't even reached it's midpoint in it's life cycle. Ghosts averages around 80,000-100,000 players on the 360, which is a FAR CRY from the 500,000+ that it's used to seeing. By making it near impossible for the MAJORITY of players to accomplish something in the game, it will make that playerbase even smaller.

AntiGov

Ghosts > MW3 IMO but yea I agree on those being the worse. You're trying to speak for people that have already left the game though. The people that have continued playing need more incentive to keep playing. Ghosts made getting everything the easiest it's ever been, they need something with more longevity to keep more people playing. At this point I play more out of habit than anything else, I've had the same CoD friends for years and we meet up every night. I could honestly care less about more prestiges but I think it would benefit what "community" we have left by adding an extended goal.

Satakyn

The reason I didn't reach max in MW3 was because the game was garbage, the same as Ghosts.

If you think the game is so garbage, why do you even care how many prestiges are in it?

Buffyourgame

I agree. They need to add at least 5, maybe 10.

zingaa

Maybe just make them harder to get, give players incentive to keep playing. Even if they add more at this point players will blow right through them and be back to square one in a few weeks, I would suggest maybe a reset option with a different emblem.

coimbrax

I think level 25 is too little for a clan. It should chage according to the number of players that the clan have. For example: if the clan has up to 10 members, win level 15 the red clan tag. Between 11 and 30 members, the level would rise to 20 to win the red tag. Between 31 and 50 members, 25 level to red tag. Between 51 and 70, to level 30 clan tag red ... something like this.