5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 11, 2014 10:01 AM by scotland-rules RSS

A discussion on gun DLC

scotland-rules

Hi,

I know this has been done to death but I'd like people to read before replying because what I'm saying isn't your 'usual' rant on gun DLC and all that I'm looking at it from a much more objective point of view rather than strictly the consumer.

I think the reason they've started pushing gun DLC is maps aren't selling as much as they once did. Because I think they've avoided doing it for so long and are now having too in order to make sales.

Now I'm not a massive fan of micro transactions but hey....the £50 game model of the past isn't going to work for long term games now-a-days and each CoD is a long term game because it does come out every year but its consumers choice to buy the new one. Any game now will have some DLC or Micro transactions if they're multiplayer focused, CoD isn't campaign focused as the campaign just provides a back drop for Multiplayer.

However I do want to address gun DLC. In my opinion guns are the heart of CoD and I implore Activision and IW to think about giving the Gun DLC to every single user. Why? Because it is a diluted version of pay to win.  Yes, you are not given a massive advantage but its advantage you do have. Its something I can't get with the main game.

Now I think this game should have micro transactions and that the game should do map packs but I don't think the game should limit weapons because people spend money. Yes I'm a season pass holder and yes I have access to the Ripper SMG/ASLT but at the same time, I want every single person to have it because I do think it grants a slight/small tactical advantage and like I said it's a diluted version of pay to win. Guns are the heart of CoD and it should be free to anyone.

A rubber duck camo and a bunch of maps don't grant a tactical advantage, a gun that can kill you, that you might not have access to, does.

• Re: A discussion on gun DLC
          Jake02

I agree, the so called sniper version of the Maverick assault rifle has a sight on it that has the biggest magnification of all the others in its class, we call it the hubble telescope

L30NDR4G0N

i too believe that especially the ripper comes near to pay2win, as you get 2 guns in one, AR/SMG with (maybe not perfectly) all the advantages, low and wide range...btw, after played a few times with it, got the feeling that it truly causes not only more damage, but compared to the other smg's has nearly NO recoil...sure that everyone uses it as it is a new weapon, but imo it already made nearly every other smg useless/owns it by its strength, except for personal preferences maybe...sure the player makes the gun, but the RIGHT gun at player's hands IS a difference...

appledaniel

codghosts has turned into the ripper fest!, its all EVRYONE uses, its ridiculous.  Its the most op and over used gun i have ever seen.  im going against teams with ALL 6 people using it, then they talk crap, like they are good!, hahahahahah Its the most op gun ever!, and the whole team is using it!,  a bunch of no skill players!, wow!! Did they make it so OP, just so they could sell DLC???

scotland-rules

appledaniel wrote:

codghosts has turned into the ripper fest!, its all EVRYONE uses, its ridiculous.  Its the most op and over used gun i have ever seen.  im going against teams with ALL 6 people using it, then they talk crap, like they are good!, hahahahahah Its the most op gun ever!, and the whole team is using it!,  a bunch of no skill players!, wow!! Did they make it so OP, just so they could sell DLC???

It'll die down once the DLC has been out for everyone for a month or so. It's like the P-Keeper but yes all guns should be free for everyone as guns are what makes CoD.