5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 10, 2014 2:46 PM by NaTuReS_FrEaK RSS

vulture needs some buffs too

The vulture kill streak which requires 9 kills to use ( the same as the battle hind) needs improvement.  It's an awesome idea. An ai flying sentry drone,  but it's time limit is so low. I think around 30-60 seconds, which isn't very much. It's response time is very slow, players easily pass by it undetected. It covers ur six, which means ur back, but it also has the same range of a normal sentry gun, so u can take long shots in the back easily while ur opponent stands in the open.

The way I unlocked its patch, I would see an enemy, then I would crouch look the opposite way and wait over 5 seconds for the vulture to identify the enemy and perhaps take him out.

So it is a cool idea, but requires too much kills for nothing.  I want to unlock the patch where u have to destroy vultures, but I noticed. ..no one uses it, except the ones from crates.

I am sure if they made some improvements on it, then probably it would be effectively usable. As for now, the AI dog (5kills) tops it easily.

• Re: vulture needs some buffs too
          Izjar11

Jullzwolf wrote:

The vulture kill streak which requires 9 kills to use ( the same as the battle hind) needs improvement.  It's an awesome idea. An ai flying sentry drone,  but it's time limit is so low. I think around 30-60 seconds, which isn't very much. It's response time is very slow, players easily pass by it undetected. It covers ur six, which means ur back, but it also has the same range of a normal sentry gun, so u can take long shots in the back easily while ur opponent stands in the open.

The way I unlocked its patch, I would see an enemy, then I would crouch look the opposite way and wait over 5 seconds for the vulture to identify the enemy and perhaps take him out.

So it is a cool idea, but requires too much kills for nothing.  I want to unlock the patch where u have to destroy vultures, but I noticed. ..no one uses it, except the ones from crates.

I am sure if they made some improvements on it, then probably it would be effectively usable. As for now, the AI dog (5kills) tops it easily.

I like the idea as well of the vulture, but its problem is: Its to slow to react and the player needs to be stationary (longer) for it to detect someone.

NaTuReS_FrEaK

been using it lately cause im bored of the rest of the streaks and i swear the stationary IMS is more useful then the vulture, it needs a buff for sure, perhaps let it roam the ground you know like the opposite of a hind

Gerbera

The only thing I think the Vulture really needs a buff in is its target acquisition time. When an enemy is nearby, it doesn't start firing at them immediately, but rather it has to take time for turn with a laser to lock onto the enemy and then it starts firing, and that gives the intended target plenty of time to kill you first and/or get to cover or something. If it could get targets and fire as fast as a Sentry Gun, it would be much better.

I'm a patch hunter as well, and I too noticed that not many folks use the vulture.

The trick to unlocking the patch for taking out vultures is to shoot your own down!  I know it sounds odd, but it works.

I did the same thing to get the patch for killing gryphons.  You can fly around and get a few kills, then just fly close to an object and blow it (the gryphon) with it's own rockets.  I did this in HC mode.  If you're too close to the explosion, it destroys the gryphon. 

It'll feel dirty and cheap, but you enjoy the patches nonetheless.