5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 10, 2014 3:40 PM by nicedrewishfela RSS

How to get People to Play More Objectively!

JimmyGreave

It's quite simple really; make it so whatever amount of deaths and kills you have got in a, for example, Domination match will not affect your overall K/D. The only reason I, and many others, do not play objective is because my K/D will get hammered.

• Re: How to get People to Play More Objectively!
          Izjar11

JimmyGreave wrote:

It's quite simple really; make it so whatever amount of deaths and kills you have got in a, for example, Domination match will not affect your overall K/D. The only reason I, and many others, do not play objective is because my K/D will get hammered.

How about not putting so much importance on your KD and play to win first

sennalike

The fact kills and deaths count is only part of the problem. People also use matches such as domination to get streaks that are harder to get in TDM because in Dom there is no kill limit that ends the match. You also get weaker players who can't handle TDM because they dont know where the enemy is, so they play an objective match where is more obvious.

So yes, remove kills and deaths, but do more than that. Make stats only relevant to the objective. Remove streaks for kills, award them for completing objectives. Would work in Dom, but maybe more difficult in others. It's not as easy to do as some think.

Tygrastic1

They added objectives toward getting streaks now.  It has made a difference in the games that I have played, especially in KC.  Now 1 tag = 1/2 point.  Games ended much quicker.

rainmaker6

As I mentioned here Game Improvements

New point streak mechanism in objective based games. Since many of the problems with objective based games are players kill whoring and not going for the objective, change the reward mechanism. Have a 2 tiered system where kills reward players with support streaks (which also help their team) and objectives (which are inherently high risk and hurt a player’s K/D) reward players with assault streaks that get them kills. Since I don’t actually play objective based games this would have

no impact on me but I think it would be beneficial to the game mode.

nicedrewishfela

Wants people to play the objective, but doesn't do so himself because he is afraid of damaging his precious K/D.

I rarely play Dom, just not my thing. But playing in the DLC Mosh Pit on a map I had never played before, I managed to go 39-19 with 10 Caps. I think that is playing the objective, and still had about a 2 K/D.  So it can be done.

I do think, however, that kills in Dom should ONLY be recorded if they are defends or offensive kills. Perhaps record and score the others as take downs? It sucks that people abuse Objective modes to falsely enhance their K/D. Ruins the game and is basically an exploit.

K/D is a false stat because of how it is recorded in Objective modes.