10 Replies Latest reply: May 1, 2014 9:58 PM by Stinky666 RSS

Inactive Players

Tabak44

Over the last weekend I played at least seven games where we lost or I left because one player wasn't active.  These are players that seem to just sit in the lobby, get put with a game and then don't move or even worse go inactive in the middle of the game. It's annoying since it makes completing the mission almost impossible and not to mention they still get xp even though they aren't doing anything. It would be nice if these inactive players would get booted after not moving for ten minutes or at least not give them any xp unless you do something while the drill is going. Not sure if I'm alone here, but it seems to be happening more to me anyways.

• Re: Inactive Players

Hey Tabak44,

i`m playing Extinction every Day… i only had this problem once. Maybe you should look for some friends playing this part of Cod and start to play in party`s. In open-lobbys i look also for guys from my country / or others i`m able to talk.
          This is how i find great players to do Extinction again and again.

Greets,
          Usluk

cybizzorg

It's weird how this happens.  I was a little shocked to see they got XP for doing nothing.  I wondered about leaving my PS4 on and doing that too - but realized what it does to other people and chose not to.

You shouldn't have to pair up with friends or leave a game -

The game, like multiplayer, should kick players for inactivity.

It would be a nice patch.

Tabak44

Yeah I can't always coordinate with my friends to play so I find myself in public lobbies quite a few times each week.  I do end up leaving most games now which isn't fair to the other players, but if they aren't active in POC then there is no way to finish the level since they won't move to the end to activate the nuke.  I even had two games of chaos mode tonight where there were inactive players.  Very frustrating to someone in public lobbies and would be nice if IW could boot a player if they don't move for a set period of time.

Medrano911

This is why I like working with people who have mics, so if they need to run to the bathroom real quick or something we communicate and arrange a time for it.

there should be an option to kick out players, I know it would lead to abuse, trolling and missuse, but wouldnt you love to kick out those inactive players and have a message display to them saying "kicked for inactivity by xxxxxxx" it would be so much more gratifying than having to exit the game and lose a bunch of youre own time

Herron777

I have also run into the inactive players because I play with a lot of Randoms. The real only way to resolve it is to leave the game and restart. It sucks, but I would rather restart than to spend 45 mins playing and not finish it. I am not in agreement that you can kick a player that would lead to unbridaled abuse. And the inactivity auto kick idea would be bad if you did take a break in between the major hives (Barrier, Breeder) where there is no Alien activity.

Tabak44

I agree with not kicking out a player right after completing a barrier hive, but once you start the next area by placing the drill on a door or another hive then an inactivity timer should begin again. Maybe if a player is inactive for two or three hives then boot them.

Stinky666

I disagree, especially with the bonus pool introduced.

Basically if my pool has reset and I have all 3 teeth in it, I just have to idle. To get my bonus teeth, I get them after the barrier hive, which is where you are saying I should be booted AFTER. So I could idle through 4 or 5 hives get my free tooth for doing NOTHING, then, and only then, does it boot me. It should kick for inactivity after about 5 mins. Not based on how many hives or doors you have done. It should pure and simply be time based. 5 minutes is definitely enough. If you're going to be more than 5 minutes, the don't go into a lobby, back out. If you're with friends and not a random lobby, have your party leader be decent and back out so you can all wait for you.